onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes D

Fosse69

I went to MK Dons away. As usual the keeper let one in that should be saved from outside the box. The rest of the team were outplayed for most of the game making them look like Brazil. But we did manage goals against them and so it is possible to get at them even when we play rubbish. 

But this is serious stuff. We need to turn up, with a sensible team and team formation please, play well and defeat these. If we do so, with games starting to run out, the drop will start to get unlikely. Lose and we will be in there trying to save ourselves. We are good enough. 

Advert

I'd like to see us start Harrison and Taylor up front.

I think Stevens will be in goal with the usual back plus Wozza and Benning.

I'd love us to play Pett and Ojo plus Garrity in MF but I think he'll go Ojo or Pett,Garrity and Macey.

Whoever starts I'd like our crowd to be noisy and try to push us nearer to the 50 points mark

I'd love us to play Pett and Ojo plus Garrity in MF
Whoever starts I'd like our crowd to be noisy and try to push us nearer to the 50 points mark

He played those 3 together last weekend and it was the best we've played in a while. Garrity looked much more like his old self as well. Don't change it I say.

Don't forget the four, yes four minutes applauses tomorrow. Three last home game, maybe we'll have five in a few weeks. Anyone else starting to think it's getting out of hand? Do they spend 75 minutes each match in the Prem applauding fans who've passed away? I can see it's a sensitive subject, but surely there has to be a better way? I get it if you've got a situation like little Bradley at Sunderland a few years ago, but applauses late into the second half seem a little over the top to me. 

Don't forget the four, yes four minutes applauses tomorrow. Three last home game, maybe we'll have five in a few weeks. Anyone else starting to think it's getting out of hand? Do they spend 75 minutes each match in the Prem applauding fans who've passed away? I can see it's a sensitive subject, but surely there has to be a better way? I get it if you've got a situation like little Bradley at Sunderland a few years ago, but applauses late into the second half seem a little over the top to me. 
I agree entirely. I think 20 seconds would be plenty if people need to show their respect at the game rather than their funeral. Maybe a bereaved family will tell me to shut up and that it helps them, but when I think about it, it seems a very strange concept to me. It takes any momentum out of the game. What happens if one of the teams score during the applause?

4 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

I agree with this to be honest. It’s a bit much when you have multiple ones. The club already do a service each year where they remember ones who’ve passed away and think that is probably more appropriate. I’d leave the applauses for pre-kickoff for former players / managers if it was down to me but as you say it is a sensitive subject.

Maybe a 1 minutes applause for all the 4 rather than 4 separate minutes is the way to go, 

personally I think it’s only right that we acknowledge fallen Valiants, but 4 or 5 times per game is getting a bit much.

6 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Do it before the game starts, maybe at 2.45?

Archived