onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes D

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

They were battered first half by sounds of it. We should win if we perform but crucial that we don’t underestimate them.

In the game at theirs they were arguably the worst side we’ve faced so far but we wasted a lot of chances that night and as usual switched off for a long ranger and a free kick.

We were really poor ourselves from memory.

Advert

We have started to attract comments of playing well and not converting it to wins. 

Want to hear of us winning even when not played well.

MKD know nothing but a win will do.

I am wanting us to score first and then, just for once, score the second goal of the game rather than conceding it!

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

We were really poor ourselves from memory.

We were, all be it injury stricken (standard) and missed some sitters. That said they've a few new faces since then with Leko, Eisa and Kaikai... probably not the physical danger our defence struggles with but similar to Exeter up front.

We need to avoid defeat or things will start to get nervy, especially with Accrington likely to beat FGR at home and then Cambridge and Morecambe playing each other midweek.

If we can get a win here it probably puts MK out of being a threat to catching us with a 13 point gap to them and 11 to play (a Cambridge defeat probably means its only that last spot we'd need to be wary off being 14 from 12 for them). FGR I dont think are likely to get close to us even if we lost all 12 now.

Fair bit at stake, a win here certainly makes life a lot easier heading into the run in, probably leaves us needing 4-5 points from 11 games if we can get a win here.

I’m not saying the keepers have been amazing, but their mistakes are obvious and cost goals, whereas no one has really been up to standard overall since January and some can play game after game without getting backlash. It’s a problem area, but often the defence, midfield and (albeit makeshift so we’ll let them off) strikers are really poor too. Stevens has weaknesses but I think dropping him was an error. DC should acknowledge what’s best going forward and bring him back in.

25 minutes ago, 1 said:

I’m not saying the keepers have been amazing, but their mistakes are obvious and cost goals, whereas no one has really been up to standard overall since January and some can play game after game without getting backlash. It’s a problem area, but often the defence, midfield and (albeit makeshift so we’ll let them off) strikers are really poor too. Stevens has weaknesses but I think dropping him was an error. DC should acknowledge what’s best going forward and bring him back in.

The thing is most of the goals conceded are not bad keeper errors, Morecambe maybe to a degree. 

Kind of reminds me of last season when Holy was in goal, very few were ones you think "thats a bad error keeper" but all seem to go in!

On 27/02/2023 at 19:39, Warren said:

We made MK Dons into a good side playing fast flowing football in the away game. We did concede from a shot from outside the box. So, we've discussed blocking, and I agree, but being behind the goal that night it should have been a relatively simple extended dive to save one goal. 

I still think we should persist with Stones as he's our keeper and give him the chance to prove himself. But improve he must. 

Our keeper?? I think that’s the problem! 😂 We need someone else. 

17 hours ago, andy jones said:

Hope posters aren't expecting a easy win on Saturday. 

That last minute equaliser tonight will have given them a big lift and they know they have already been too good for us once this season.

They have good players and tonight they had 67% possession and more shots on goal.

A defeat on Saturday is not inconceivable on present form.

A defeat on Saturday is very possible on current form 

lets hope we can get it together for once 🤞

13 minutes ago, osprey said:

A defeat on Saturday is very possible on current form 

lets hope we can get it together for once 🤞

be positive, theyll be knackered (a technical term) and 2 weeks wilson may be on the bench (if he doesnt fall off it!)😄:drink:

17 hours ago, andy jones said:

Hope posters aren't expecting a easy win on Saturday. 

That last minute equaliser tonight will have given them a big lift and they know they have already been too good for us once this season.

They have good players and tonight they had 67% possession and more shots on goal.

A defeat on Saturday is not inconceivable on present form.

Is there any game in this league you think we should win ?

23 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

be positive, theyll be knackered (a technical term) and 2 weeks wilson may be on the bench (if he doesnt fall off it!)😄:drink:

2weeks, 2years, 2decades

think Wilson must be stuck in the NHS waiting list 

Archived