onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes D

Fosse69

Advert

Karl Robinson sacked this morning from the Oxford job and their fans wanting Taylor's loan to be cancelled. Hopefully we didn't agree a recall clause
Don't think that's allowed any more between windows, at least unilaterally. Think we'd have to agree to it. Even if we did, pretty sure that being over 21 (or whatever the age is) he couldn't be re-registered for their squad anyway until the window opens

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Don't think that's allowed any more between windows, at least unilaterally. Think we'd have to agree to it. Even if we did, pretty sure that being over 21 (or whatever the age is) he couldn't be re-registered for their squad anyway until the window opens

Thank god for that 

This is becoming a very important game.  Which side will turn up - the team who fought against Bolton or the team we usually see in which they are slow and haven't played with each other before and can't string a pass to each other - some of the players that seem very tired or just not arsed.  Hopefully it will be the team we saw play against Bolton and goals will flow in the right goal area and not in ours.  😁

Same as which goal keeper does DC and Co go with.  Either are prone to mistakes - which has not been helped by the midfield and defenders not doing their job properly during the match and closing down on opposition players.

The goalkeeping situation is one that needs addressing as a priority. When I want to cheer myself up and watch the Wembley match I realise how poor Stone is . Both Accy and Morecambe have decent keepers ! I am sure we can find better as the keepers for the last two seasons have cost us. 

10 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

This is becoming a very important game.  Which side will turn up - the team who fought against Bolton or the team we usually see in which they are slow and haven't played with each other before and can't string a pass to each other - some of the players that seem very tired or just not arsed.  Hopefully it will be the team we saw play against Bolton and goals will flow in the right goal area and not in ours.  😁

Same as which goal keeper does DC and Co go with.  Either are prone to mistakes - which has not been helped by the midfield and defenders not doing their job properly during the match and closing down on opposition players.

We made MK Dons into a good side playing fast flowing football in the away game. We did concede from a shot from outside the box. So, we've discussed blocking, and I agree, but being behind the goal that night it should have been a relatively simple extended dive to save one goal. 

I still think we should persist with Stones as he's our keeper and give him the chance to prove himself. But improve he must. 

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Tempting but I wouldn’t put Carlo in.  Having watch our keepers I’m beginning to think he’s actually Agent Nash….

The only insight most of us have is the warm up which is the same for every game. Can't see much wrong with that. But it is difficult to separate the two dimensions of our goalkeepers not having as much ability as we wish for from coaching is failing to develop the ability we wish for. 

Goalkeeping coaching is a 'funny' thing. The Liverpool goalkeeping coach, since 2011, is John Achterberg, former Tranmere goalkeeper. I have seen him play plenty, and at L1 level he today probably would be the best goalkeeper in the league. 

The last few years he has been coaching Alisson Becker, a massive success, and one of the best in the world. But he was one of the best in the world at Roma as well and a great signing. Before that he was coaching Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet. 

Karius was a signing not made by John Achterberg? I never thought he was a decent keeper. I argue he cost Liverpool a Champions League final and further argue, in his current role as third choice keeper at Newcastle, he put the League Cup final beyond them with the second he let in on Sunday. Mignnolet was not regarded as good enough, but he was a genuine PL level keeper as his subsequent career has shown. Achterberg got shed loads of criticism for these two fairly or unfairly and living in Merseyside it was possible to see and hear this. 

So my point is whether Carlo Nash has inherited the keepers or caused signings / retention personally? 

Archived