onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes D

Fosse69

Re the minute’s applause thing. I agree it’s a sensitive subject but I think the rememberance day thing is sufficient. When I shuttle off, I don’t to be distracting a Vale attack with a minute’s applause. Maybe if it coincides with a penalty for the opposition, a minutes booing and whistling would be called for.

Advert

Maybe a 1 minutes applause for all the 4 rather than 4 separate minutes is the way to go, 
personally I think it’s only right that we acknowledge fallen Valiants, but 4 or 5 times per game is getting a bit much.

I don’t like it from the point I worry the opposition will score during it which will completely ruin it. 3 or 4 times a game and by the last couple it’s less enthusiastic. Minutes applause pre game would make more sense and be more fitting IMO.

I think multiple applauses are wrong and less respectful than a proper unified applause. The unified applause should take place either shortly before kick off or shortly before kick off second half. Of course that's just my opinion and many different views are perfectly valid.

It would help if we had a better scoreboard that can handle multiple tributes effectively and reliably. 

A good friend who was down at training the past few days said don't be surprised to see Holden playing as he was outshining everyone in training. 

Got my tenner already placed on a Vale win with Ladbrokes. 

Listened to the Ale & Came podcast yesterday and completely agree ith Big Phil: we must be on it and ruthless with these from Minute 1 and put them to the sword. 

Im going Vale 3-0 today. 

UTV

WNE

Re the applause. For someone who has passed away after supporting the Vale for 50 or 60 years I don't think its too much to ask. Maybe if more than 1 is required then do it all at once. Just my opinion, after all we are a family club not just a premier club with no affinity with its fans.

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

It’s a big game this one. As I say win and relegation is probably off the table, lose and especially with games in hand in midweek and we could be in a far more precarious position.

If we win we will be 13 points above 3rd bottom with 11 games to go. That is getting close to an insurmountable gap. On the otherhand lose and its 7 points which is well within range. So this a really big game. Start fast, aggressively and confidently and our difficult surface may help by way of familiarity. 

Welcome back JW - all of a sudden we look a much better team (on paper) - play like last week and we will be alright 👍👍👍

Really looking forward to today - got a good feeling all over about this - NICE

See you in the Bycars you Beautiful Bouncing Valiants 😍😍😍😍

Happy Wilson is back, not sure he will feature though today. Benning back into the 11 is the huge weakness and stone still in nets. Think Dc has decided Stevens isn’t for us next season so may as well give Stone game time 
He'll bring Wilson on when we're 4 up after 60 minutes to get some game time into his legs

That's probably our best side atm - with the exception of Stone who imho is far worse a keeper than Stevens despite his faults. Having said that I hope the lad plays well and doesn't cost us the game. Good to see Willo back, a nice bit of competition upfront for a change. 

Just hope we can win this by more than the odd goal, it's so blinking nerve-wracking at the moment.

C'mon, Vale - we have to win this!

Like the lineup and the bench options if required. Just get on the front foot and the rest will take care of itself.

On a side note watching the keepers warmup. It’s ever likely they look clueless against anything on target as it’s by exception that Carlo Nash hits the practise shots on target.

Archived