onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feeling very despondent

Advert

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

twisting what i wrote to get cheap likes. 🙄

In fairness mate, I think I get where you are coming from and it probably came across a bit more negative than you intended - I certainly don't take your post as another gormless and unjustified moan 😍😍😍😍

34 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I have similar sentiments, Vale just have to bring in some skill players (plural) of at least Lge 1 quality or we will languish in the bottom half of Lge 1 at best. Runners and ratters only get you so far and the football on offer is usually dire.

Well Wilson isn't quite League One quality (certainly not for a side with any ambition to try and get out of it) so no harm done with him moving on then. I'm staggered by just how many people are happy to turn a blind eye to his woeful record.

4 minutes ago, WV said:

More negative postings like the last one. Talking rubbish mate 

This is a negative post too!  WV is not "talking rubbish" in my view - he's allowed to express an opinion, since that is what this forum is for.  Saying that some fans will feel despondent about losing a quality player, albeit one that has been plagued with injury, isn't negative, it's just how some people are feeling about it.  Maybe it doesn't fit in with your view of the world, and yes, you are entitled to give an opinion too.  But I think you are wrong.  

However, to make this a positive post, and remove the negativity that is flying around, here's a picture of some Titanic beer.  And yes I know the ship sunk and the captain was from Hanley, so that's kinda negative too, but it's just an opinion - and it's not rubbish.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 18.35.01.png

3 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

well with the announcement that wilson has left. im feeling a bit sad that its the end of the honeymoon period.  this next season is going to be a struggle. even more so than this year. to let someone go of his absolute quality is a blow. yes hes had his injury problems and has spent more time on the sidelines than fit this year but i dunno im just hoping we bring in some real quality. or we are doomed.

We've lost a quality player when he's on the pitch but look at it another way.......  judging AC's interviews we have a much more athletic team meaning more players with pace who can go past a player to get you up out of your seat. We are going to have a much more exciting team to watch next season with a greater counter attacking threat which will be a better watch than the functional team we've been watching.

We will be so much better next season.

Well Wilson isn't quite League One quality (certainly not for a side with any ambition to try and get out of it) so no harm done with him moving on then. I'm staggered by just how many people are happy to turn a blind eye to his woeful record.
Okay let's have some perspective here. Aside from his goals over 2 seasons he had a grand total of only 4 assists. That is remarkably low for a player with his talent.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Maybe they'll go left at the roundabout,  past Wayne Walker quality meat store, up past Wesser, turn right then go past Trubshaw playing fields and then shut their eyes through Burslem !! 

Never heard the anyone use the word Quality before

Unfortunately the team that got promoted finished 5th in league 2 and it had run its race and we need to now get league 1 players and go forward. I think I’ve read today that Wilson has only completed just one 90 mins thus season and given his goal tally with proctor this season of 5 if we can’t find a half decent striker who will score more than 5 then it’s time to worry

51 minutes ago, gags 64 said:
1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Okay let's have some perspective here. Aside from his goals over 2 seasons he had a grand total of only 4 assists. That is remarkably low for a player with his talent.

To set some context, have a look at our leading goal scorers this season:

Despite only making 25 appearances and never completing 90 minutes in any game, Wilson still finished as our joint second leading scorer along with Butterworth and Taylor, highlighting how weak we were as a team in creating and putting away chances.

Big wake up call, methinks.

Can you imagine the meltdown if we were to sign a striker that was injury prone and only notched 3 goals last season...I'll always remember the playoffs and his contribution, but I agree with you, time for fresh blood.

I think Wilson on top form would be a miss for many teams. That said how often has he been? His first season with us was pretty much the best one in his career but last season for whatever reason he only really showed the occasional flash. I’d have loved it if we could have worked out a deal for both parties but ultimately can you miss something you don’t often have?

I’m intrigued where this summer takes us. Croz has said what sort of players he wants and I agree. I just hope those above put him in the right position by getting those players.

Archived