onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feeling very despondent

Advert

49 minutes ago, Granville said:

Yeah, the one he missed from a yard out

The one that the keeper made a phenomenal save?

But then, no wonder he missed from a yard out when you have people like yourself moving the goal posts!

Having watched the highlights of the Shrewsbury game back, not one of their goals was because Jones didn't win a header

4 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

The one that the keeper made a phenomenal save?

But then, no wonder he missed from a yard out when you have people like yourself moving the goal posts!

Having watched the highlights of the Shrewsbury game back, not one of their goals was because Jones didn't win a header

We'll agree to disagree, as trying to present an opposite view is like talking to a brick wall. Which was the game where he was in a one on one and air shotted his tackle by the way, leading to a goal? 

He's a League Two defender just about capable of playing in League One, he played no part in our promotion run in, he has missed a significant amount of both seasons he's been here with injury, if he's on reduced terms fine, but let's not pretend he's anything above an average centre back in this league.

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

He makes mistakes like everyone else however in most games he was the one winning header after header and some of his balls played forwards are from leagues above .
Seems like on here folk can love a certain player but can ok loathe another .
Jones when played does a lot of very good things .
He is miles better than Smith

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

I thought Mel Smith was good Griff Rhys Jones slighty too short. May make a good pairing

On 16/05/2023 at 22:33, NorthwoodValiant said:

Conversely, Jones was our most creative player this season

Was he?

The amount of times Dan Jones backs off and backs off from the player, giving the centre forward lots of time & space is scary and it always costs us.

He's got one of those hollywood balls in his locker which makes him look better then he is

Interestingly Luton 9 years ago were non league.

In League Two in 17/18 both Luton and Coventry were playing Vale in LEAGUE TWO. Now one of those will be a premiership club. Keep in mind the struggles both teams have had off the pitch.

These should be a glimmer of hope for a club like us.

6 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

He makes mistakes like everyone else however in most games he was the one winning header after header and some of his balls played forwards are from leagues above .
Seems like on here folk can love a certain player but can ok loathe another .
Jones when played does a lot of very good things .
He is miles better than Smith

Jesus wept. End your pointless campaign against Nathan Smith. He's our best defender.

If Dan Jones left we'd be able to replace him relatively easily. If Nathan Smith went, we wouldn't.

We beat them both inside a week at VP as well that season(Coventry and Luton).  Probably the best 2 performances under Aspin! Then the wheels fell off and we had to rely on Whitfield's winner against Chesterfield to metaphorically keep us up! I've never felt as sick(at a footie match) as when Pugh got sent off in that game and they equalised! Genuinely felt we were sliding out of the league🫣

46 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

No campaign against anyone .
We need better than him hope he isn't guaranteed his46 games next season if he is we be no further forwards.
Unbelievable how folk do not see that apart from in the air (goal kicks and www wrestling in both boxes )he offers very little .
Be interesting see how many games we have lost overall in his 350 appearances for the club .
We need better and how do you know he is the mainstay in the team we never seen anyone else in his positions.
So how do you know .
Short sighted most are on here .
Open your eyes

To be fair that's exactly what I mean. You could apply the games played/games lost rationale to Dave Worrall who's been hear nearly as long yet that wouldn't reflect on his own performances. 

A local lad, who's played 350 games for his hometown club, won a promotion, and all because of some bizarre vendetta you would have him out the door before a one footed, inconsistent, not assured of his place, not sure if he's a wing back or centre half, spent most of last season and this injured, lad.

I don't think Jones is very good, but for the money we've got, probably the best we can expect.

You just don't like Nathan Smith, just like Breadwinner and Vale Fan in Alsager didn't...

We need both types of player in our squad. Won’t get better than either without spending big money, and sometimes certain players do not fit at other clubs. Remember Richard Walker being outstanding for Crewe, but not at our club. NS is no Bobby Moore and if he was would have been long gone, like Anthony Gardner.

The most despondent I ever felt at Vale was when Ainsworth was sold while Rudgie was scouting in Europe.

That I knew was the beginning of the end of the Championship. 

We are still on the up, we finished higher than last year!

Swindon, and Mansfield would love to swap places, so would Forest Green.

We have been much worse, we can still get worse but I am sure we will finish in a better position next season.

4 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

No campaign against anyone .
We need better than him hope he isn't guaranteed his46 games next season if he is we be no further forwards.
Unbelievable how folk do not see that apart from in the air (goal kicks and www wrestling in both boxes )he offers very little .
Be interesting see how many games we have lost overall in his 350 appearances for the club .
We need better and how do you know he is the mainstay in the team we never seen anyone else in his positions.
So how do you know .
Short sighted most are on here .
Open your eyes

I usually enjoy reading your posts, but this relentless criticism of Smith becoming tedious. 

On 15/05/2023 at 15:44, RayWalkers40yarder said:

well with the announcement that wilson has left. im feeling a bit sad that its the end of the honeymoon period.  this next season is going to be a struggle. even more so than this year. to let someone go of his absolute quality is a blow. yes hes had his injury problems and has spent more time on the sidelines than fit this year but i dunno im just hoping we bring in some real quality. or we are doomed.

Blimey, cheer up a bit!  Let's see what the close-season signings bring to the party and then rationally monitor and measure results once the new season starts.  In the meantime, cheer up me duck.

17 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Blimey, cheer up a bit!  Let's see what the close-season signings bring to the party and then rationally monitor and measure results once the new season starts.  In the meantime, cheer up me duck.

With Worrall saying he is gone, he will be saying we are very dooooooooooomed.  

Agree with you see what AC and Co bring in and then look at the first 10 games as we either start brilliant or just prop the league up.  Nothing normally in the middle.  Hopefully it will be players that actually add to the team and not this is what was left and most are now seeing the physio on a daily basis.  

Archived