onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feeling very despondent

well with the announcement that wilson has left. im feeling a bit sad that its the end of the honeymoon period.  this next season is going to be a struggle. even more so than this year. to let someone go of his absolute quality is a blow. yes hes had his injury problems and has spent more time on the sidelines than fit this year but i dunno im just hoping we bring in some real quality. or we are doomed.

Advert

well with the announcement that wilson has left. im feeling a bit sad that its the end of the honeymoon period.  this next season is going to be a struggle. even more so than this year. to let someone go of his absolute quality is a blow. yes hes had his injury problems and has spent more time on the sidelines than fit this year but i dunno im just hoping we bring in some real quality. or we are doomed.

That's the spirit! Middle of May and we're doomed already!

8 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

Players come and go mate. The one constant is our supporters.

I'm sad to see him go myself, but the king is dead long live the new king.

We'll have new heroes to shout for come August.

Clean slate, hopefully lessons learnt and we all start on zero points looking forward to the season .

It is sad because I think most of us really fell in love with that 2021/22 side and the players leaving does seem to hurt a fair bit, especially the nostalgia of it and how close the club, players and fans are seemed to be, its the same feeling regarding DC's departure and really hurts. Only Stone and Smith from the Play Off Final 18 man squad could be left if contracts are turned down so add in Conlon who was injured and could be only 3 from that whole promotion squad which is nuts in 12 months!

That said we have to wait, be patient and see who comes in, a lot felt some flatness when the likes of Pope, Joyce and Scotty Brown left and it worked out well.

It does feel its becoming a different club but we will have to see if that ends up for the better.

27 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

I think there's always periods, especially in recent seasons where the turnover at the end of the season has been pretty extensive and so the squad looks bare. It's going to be that way probably for a few weeks as players are on holiday etc so I expect any signings will be few and far between for a bit. 

However, I think it's tricky to hold on to a player, no matter how talented, if he simply doesn't play enough games in a season to make a significant difference. At least it's happened now, giving us the summer to come up with a replacement rather than how it used to be under Bill Bell where the star player was sold on about three days before the season started. 

I think who we recruit to replace Wilson, Proctor and Pett will have a key bearing on on the future of the recruitment team. They really need to get it bang-on this summer and my worry would be if they get it wrong again, not only will the team be in deep trouble but we face another huge regig of staff if they continue to not deliver the right signings. So, the pressure is on for Messrs Flitcroft and team but let's see how the squad looks in August.

41 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

could be worse, you could support sjoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

46 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

Oh cheer up you miserable git. 🤪

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

I have similar sentiments, Vale just have to bring in some skill players (plural) of at least Lge 1 quality or we will languish in the bottom half of Lge 1 at best. Runners and ratters only get you so far and the football on offer is usually dire.

Problem is how the heck do we do it within our budget constraints assuming they're still similar. Hence tapping up Dan Crowley or his like  and giving Villa a call to find out what's happening with Finn Azzaz, can only ask the question.

Feel a bit the same myself after a season where I thought, especially at the turn of the year, we’d do better than l8th. It’s also disappointing to see such a wholesale clear out yet again, though the reasons for it are clear for all to see.

Most on my mind is how many of the out of contract five we’ve offered deals to will sign up. Some are clearly more important than others but Wilson’s gone and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wozza and perhaps Garrity going. There are lots of clubs out there now with fat cheque books, fatter than ours.

So it’s over to DF and Co now. It’s going to be a big ask to get so many L1 quality players in and I wish ‘em well. Next season will depend on it.  

Maybe you should remind yourself then that James Wilson scored a grand total of 4 goals for Port Vale in League One. A record worse than 1 goal every 5 games. Maybe then you'll feel a little better.

Not only is he injury hit and takes forever to get up to speed in games when he comes back, but his League One record is a little bit sorry.

I feel sad for the reasons stated above, and also because I don't think we ever saw the best of Willo because of injury. And because he's a local lad who other teams feared, and kicked to negate his impact. 

It's a shame, but I'll back the manager and hope we can get someone of that quality who will spend more time on the pitch without breaking the bank.  And I'll be interested to see where Willo ends up next.  Good luck James, and thank you for your input to getting us promoted.  All the best for the future.

34 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

My only concern is attracting the right players to the club with the money we can offer. Can you imagine driving up to the ground from the d-road with your wife, having lived anywhere south of Birmingham?☹️

Maybe they'll go left at the roundabout,  past Wayne Walker quality meat store, up past Wesser, turn right then go past Trubshaw playing fields and then shut their eyes through Burslem !! 

Archived