onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feeling very despondent

21 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

why be disppondent? have a new team, new pitch, change of game atmosphere, new look behind the scenes, new manager, new scoreboard to wonder at, what could possibly go wrong??????????😁:drink: 

This is Port Vale we are talking about.

Advert

At the end of the day it depends on who DF/AC can bring in. If they can sign a good mix of 5-7 quality Lge1 players and the odd player who has Championship experience then I'll be a happy camper, on the other hand if we get a dozen players from The Swedish 3rd tier I won't be.

On 15/05/2023 at 17:46, Phil500 said:

My only concern is attracting the right players to the club with the money we can offer. Can you imagine driving up to the ground from the d-road with your wife, having lived anywhere south of Birmingham?☹️

The derelict factories need redeveloping. After that it's not too bad. I see the site is cleared in one case. One derelict pub as well caused by covid-19. But a new oatcake shop. What can go wrong!

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

why be disppondent? have a new team, new pitch, change of game atmosphere, new look behind the scenes, new manager, new scoreboard to wonder at, what could possibly go wrong??????????😁:drink: 

Geoff, I’m not sure what theplans are with the scoreboard. Will it be moved to the Bycars now so that fans in the Hamil End can see it.?

I think McDermott and Plant may be first team regulars next season. It's their time and it fits with our likely financial position which requires player development. How they do will go a long way to determining how the club does in L1. 

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
20 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:
Geoff, I’m not sure what theplans are with the scoreboard. Will it be moved to the Bycars now so that fans in the Hamil End can see it.?

Replacement scoreboard to be in the Old Family Stand.

Fosse, thank you 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Dan Jones has played 47 games in 2 seasons, therefore missing 45.

For some reason his injuries never get talked about as much as Wilson. Not sure why because he's equally as much a waste of a wage. 

This. Jones is hugely overrated in my opinion. Gets caught out for pace, his tackling tends to be poor or hasty. Connor Hall was 10 times the player he is.

Popey and before him, Lee Matthews were highly talented strikers and had great seasons (singular in Matthews case) for us. But ended up being a bit too injury prone for a club with a tight budget like us. Every player has to leave or retire sometime.

"We go again" as the cliché says

2 hours ago, Warren said:

I think McDermott and Plant may be first team regulars next season. It's their time and it fits with our likely financial position which requires player development. How they do will go a long way to determining how the club does in L1. 

No chance Warren.

You can’t rely on kids week in and out. Squad fillers to be used sparingly and develop. Can’t expect kids to be first teamers each week especially once we get to the winter months. If we expect kids to make starting 11 we will be relegated.

Our financial position is over blown.

30 minutes ago, MBE said:

No chance Warren.

You can’t rely on kids week in and out. Squad fillers to be used sparingly and develop. Can’t expect kids to be first teamers each week especially once we get to the winter months. If we expect kids to make starting 11 we will be relegated.

Our financial position is over blown.

Messi was established in the Barcelona team aged 18. But I also take the point you make. Southampton just got relegated for grossly overdoing youth. 

On 15/05/2023 at 15:44, RayWalkers40yarder said:

well with the announcement that wilson has left. im feeling a bit sad that its the end of the honeymoon period.  this next season is going to be a struggle. even more so than this year. to let someone go of his absolute quality is a blow. yes hes had his injury problems and has spent more time on the sidelines than fit this year but i dunno im just hoping we bring in some real quality. or we are doomed.

More gutted on losing Pett.

Archived