onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Aspo is a good, honest, hardworking man who has the club in his veins. He has steadied the sinking ship despite Smurf. The players are behind him. Compare the players in team pre Aspo to what we have now. We are better in each department. Who, of any ability, would want to manage this sick club. Nobody unless he wants his bumps feeling. Aspo will always be a legend on the footballing side as is Deano and Foyley. We were never going to get promotion this year. Barmy if you thought so. Aspo is the man for the job. I am part of the silent majority who now want to speak out against the lynch mob minority. In Aspo we trust.

Advert

Aspo is a good, honest, hardworking man who has the club in his veins. He has steadied the sinking ship despite Smurf. The players are behind him. Compare the players in team pre Aspo to what we have now. We are better in each department. Who, of any ability, would want to manage this sick club. Nobody unless he wants his bumps feeling. Aspo will always be a legend on the footballing side as is Deano and Foyley. We were never going to get promotion this year. Barmy if you thought so. Aspo is the man for the job. I am part of the silent majority who now want to speak out against the lynch mob minority. In Aspo we trust.

I'll second that opinion

Points-with-Bone

Shocking from the fans who abuse a manager for making a decision when 1-0 down we finished the game 1-1

You should all hold your heads in shame if your going be negative like that just don’t bother going your making the problems worse

We must have some of the most negative moaning fans in the country

Smurf do one

Soon as we went 1-0 down, some fans couldnt wait with the Aspin out chants, even though we were doing pretty ok tbh at the time. They had 1 corner all game,and scored from it. Them fans should hang their heads in shame. Though i noticed it was the same fans who were telling Aspin **** off at Carlisle, in August.

I can no longer get to games, but have been a supporter and fan for approx.70 years. In all of that time I have never booed any person. I find booing to be childlike and disgusting.

Most of those who boo may not have the guts to face their victim head to head but do so in a gang.

Stoke's manager said on R.Stoke, 'Don't take it out on the players, blame me'. He is thick skinned like a professional should be, and Aspin should learn to wear HIS tin hat.

It is a bad time of the season to change managers, so our glorious leader should defend his manager and state that he is going to seriously back him in the transfer market.

Good post, but will Smurf back the manager with money - think we all know the answer to this - a big fat no. He will plod along and do nothing till the last minute no doubt while Aspin's targets go else where for more money - so this way Aspin is not to be blamed and I do feel his task to bring in players is made harder by Smurf's - do it on the cheap tactics.

As for Aspin, he has picked the team and they have not produced, so the blame lies there. Glad we drew yesterday against Lincoln, but this might be a game to late for him. Will Aspin learn from his mistakes - don't think so, he will still play his favourites and revert back to defensive boring football, rather than attacking football and try and win games.

No matter what happens - Vale are in the crap - Manager goes - Smurf will take ages to appoint a new one and it will be after the transfer window closes. Goes again for the cheap option and we get another not experienced manager and he brings in some players - little or no league experience, as experienced players don't want to come to Vale Park.

Both scenarios - we face a relegation battle. God I love being a Vale fan.

People always flag up Blackpool and their owners as being dire but in the early 90s before they got involved they were a 4th division club with a stadium so dangerous half of it was shut.

Blackpool under their involvement have seen top flight football (albeit with Latvian money) and a redeveloped ground alongside mostly 3rd tier football.

Under Smurfwaite we have mainly had two eras of the worst in living memory for the club.

He is much worse.

That is one of the most unbelievable things I've ever read on this website.

Their owners are alleged to have siphoned tens of millions of premier league money, they were relegated from the prem to league 2, there are stories of fans being sued, shotguns being used to threaten protestors, they've been dragged through the courts.

They've boycotted home games for years.

Smurf is not even in the same league as them in terms of terrible ownership.

Did not want another Vale legend as manager, but when he came in backed him and hoped he would become a success. However, the last 2 months his football tactics have been very questionable and playing players out of position has not helped his case at all. The football has been boring and he hoped that we would win by a goal and stop them scoring. This has not happened. Smurf is not helping the situation with his do it on the cheap options either. There must be a lot of things happening we don't know which is making Aspin think of leaving as well. His transfer targets again don't seem to becoming off either and going to other clubs.

I personally don't think anyone hates Aspin, just dislike his tactics, selections and negative football vision. However I do question whether the majority of those now wanting him to stay, only do so because of his legend status here as a player? Be honest, if this was anyone else he would have gone long before now with the fact that fans are boycotting games and not enjoying attending any more. Even die hards and season ticket holders are regularly passing comments about Aspin's apparent inability in turning matters round and we are surely sinking closer and closer to the unthinkable.

There is never a right time to review the manager's position but passionate fans are , correctly, now fearing we are at a point when a decision has to be made. We all know that teams that slide and seemingly cannot gain wins enter a spiral that is almost impossible to avert, unless there is a man in charge that we have confidence in with the nous to motivate the squad. We have to decide if Aspin is that man and able to do that?

I've made my position very clear and as a long standing Valiant I know Smurf is the deep problem at Vale, but as he will not sell up we are left at present with what we have, simple. Are any of us confident that Smurf will now back the manager fully and go hell for leather to improve us? No, thought not. That then leaves us with the problem that fans can actually have a say on and that is whether Aspin can change and quickly? If not we are surely heading for that black hole. Would anyone else be able to motivate and get the best out of the current squad, given that insufficient funds are available even to a new manager? That is the million dollar question and it's dividing the fan base No one fan is wrong. No one fan is 100% correct. However there will be many, many of us questioning, at the end of this campaign if we do leave the League, why oh why did we not change it when we had some time to repair all the damage? Catch 22 , isn't it?

What has NOT got to happen any deeper than at present is that fans turn against each other, no matter what views we have. Some have decided to not attend any more. Some have voiced their opinions whilst attending. Some have kept their heads down and hoped reason would prevail. I repeat we all are entitled to our own ways and opinions and should look long term for what is best for Port Vale FC. Would someone please tell me what that is? I am seriously in limbo land here, hating seeing what is occurring at our great Club and like many others my knee jerk reactions are regretted almost immediately if I come on here and spout my views without serious thought.

Cut me open and my blood would flow and read Port Vale FC. I am a passionate individual, I shout my disapproval at matches and I post on here if I feel the need to. I am an ordinary working bloke who honestly wants the very best for my Club and I'm convinced the vast majority of Vale fans are the same. We are in a rut, a depression that some of us fear we cannot get out of. However we are all family and ought to be heard by the big blue owner. Why oh why can't he be human and bring himself back down to planet Vale and help and attempt to heal the rift that he's caused? It is not too late Smurf, even us moaning Valiants want you to be successful as our owner because that would mean we are ALL happy then. It brings me to recall you dancing around like a Smurf pratt in your Smurf costume at Wycombe with us all that day. You were human then and enjoying life as our Chairman. Go on, suck eggs and swallow some pride.....be our idiot owner again with Vale at the forefront of your aspirations to be successful and make money whilst we are climbing the Leagues.

I always think that a decent enough season (not quite play offs form) should be based on an average of two points per home game and one point per away game. Aspin has achieved this from the away games (14 points from 13 games) but the home form is way off with only 15 points from 13 games. Sort out the home form and most on here would be more than happy for him to stay. Play the players in their proper positions (mainly applies to the full back positions), get a decent left back and a striker to partner Pope and we should be fine. But then again, we've got to get Smurf to sanction any decent signings.

The abuse he is on the end of is wrong and I don’t condone that at all. The fans who couldn’t wait to boo him yesterday were cringeworthy but his record is abysmal and if he wasn’t a legend as a player he wouldn’t have lasted this long as he could easily gone after Cheltenham and Cambridge last season and Lincoln and Oldham this season.

I really don't know whether Aspo is the right man for the job.

He inherited a desperate situation.

The recovery is still ongoing.

The current squad is better, but still similar to last year's.

A spattering of older players, a few of whom have done well, combined with a nucleus of inexperienced and/or young players.

In my view, an average of 7 or 8 inexperienced players is too many.

Hence inconsistency.

The football has largely been poor and the tactics, along with players in unnatural positions have been baffling at times.

Now would be a dreadful time for change.

Who would sign for a club without a manager?

I think we should stick with Aspo until the end of the season and review then.

Archived