onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

What sort of abuse is he getting?

I'm guessing it's not just normal stick and dissatisfaction?

No Danish, it has been vile - constant verbal abuse and Aspin responded to fans in kind at a recent game, so fed up was he with it all. He will feel bad about that, because it was unprofessional, but it must do his head in when fans boo him for his starting 11, the changes he makes to his starting 11, the players he leaves out of the starting 11, his tactics, the temperature of the pies at half time, etc, etc... It's his fault it's cold at the moment, and it will be his fault the sun comes up tomorrow.

He's doing his best, but there is a small minority of fans who love to dish it out, and it's pathetic really. I hope he stays and shows them what he is made of - he was tough as a player, and I think just needs to ride through this trough we are in and keep going. He is a better man than some of the foul mouthed abusers will ever live to be, but they seem to get off on vilifying him.

Advert

No Danish, it has been vile - constant verbal abuse and Aspin responded to fans in kind at a recent game, so fed up was he with it all. He will feel bad about that, because it was unprofessional, but it must do his head in when fans boo him for his starting 11, the changes he makes to his starting 11, the players he leaves out of the starting 11, his tactics, the temperature of the pies at half time, etc, etc... It's his fault it's cold at the moment, and it will be his fault the sun comes up tomorrow.

He's doing his best, but there is a small minority of fans who love to dish it out, and it's pathetic really. I hope he stays and shows them what he is made of - he was tough as a player, and I think just needs to ride through this trough we are in and keep going. He is a better man than some of the foul mouthed abusers will ever live to be, but they seem to get off on vilifying him.

It does seem to be really getting to Neil and I must say I am a bit surprised.As a player he must have experienced a lot worse,especially at derby games against our southern neighbours.Saying that,as a player I suppose the abuse is short term and easier to overcome.

Watching him on the last few interviews he has looked so down and I fear for his health,he doesn't deserve this from the fans of a club he loves and I do feel sorry for the treatment he is receiving.

A couple of wins on he bounce will change everything and I believe he is strong enough to overcome this poor spell we are going through and restore the faith.UTV.

I agree with a lot of what you say, about fans getting on his back, my take on it, it's not just the fans hounding him out of the club, a few months ago Neil was talking about back stabbers within the club, it appears to me after listening to his interview, that problem as not been sorted, if it hasn't been sorted, then that is down to one man, and it's him who should be hounded out, and not Neil.

It does seem to be really getting to Neil and I must say I am a bit surprised.As a player he must have experienced a lot worse,especially at derby games against our southern neighbours.Saying that,as a player I suppose the abuse is short term and easier to overcome.

Watching him on the last few interviews he has looked so down and I fear for his health,he doesn't deserve this from the fans of a club he loves and I do feel sorry for the treatment he is receiving.

A couple of wins on he bounce will change everything and I believe he is strong enough to overcome this poor spell we are going through and restore the faith.UTV.

I sit in the Railway and can hand on heart say I have not heard any chanting against Aspin,chants about how poor and how fed up we are,but not any personal ones against Aspin himself,what goes on in the Lorne street I dont know about but it cant be more than a handful,so I dont get all this hand wringing.

I've seen no banners with Aspin out, no concerted chanting, I have in the past,I remember the whole ground doing a slow hand clap against one gaffer, I'm slightly surprised at Aspins reaction,maybe he's looking for an excuse to leave.

**** tactics. Often the wrong 11 selected. Dire, negative football. There's only one man responsible for those things at the end of the day, and it's not Smurf or the tea lady.

The most criticism i’ve heard from fans about his team selection was when every man and his dog said the team picked against Yeovil was bloody ridiculous. Most folk I spoke to thought he’d picked the right team against Oldham. We know nowt.

The most criticism i’ve heard from fans about his team selection was when every man and his dog said the team picked against Yeovil was bloody ridiculous. Most folk I spoke to thought he’d picked the right team against Oldham. We know nowt.

It beggars belief some Vale fans don't get this, after the Yeovil game vale were looking up, after the Oldham game some fans were criicizing Oyeleke (which I didn't agree with) and then he plays like he did at Lincoln, many football fans are fickle but this is just ridiculous.

Most teams go through a bad patch during a season but the ship is usually righted and I believe vale under Aspin will be righted. It was shown yesterday we can match the top of the league ion their own middin.

I wondered whether Aspins words yesterday were a ploy to get Smurf to open his sweetie jar a bit more for the Jan transfer window but I doubt he would use such a tactic but then again when all else fails.....and we know who he's dealing with.

Mark Sykes has signed for Oxford United instead. Another target missed.

Or more accurately, we were outbid on both wages and prospects from an established League One team.

However don't let the facts get in the way of the default pessimism and negativity, eh?

Archived