onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

9 wins in 46 league games really says it all.

I have the utmost repect for Neil and want him to succeed with all my heart, he is a genuine man and cares passionately.

There is something fundamentally wrong, is it him, the coaching staff, the tactics employed (playing not to lose) or is as we all know the overriding factor of the chairman dictating what happens?

I have to be honest the football has been poor in the main.

I honestly thought we had a much better squad this season but it appears not.

Ricky Miller was going to bag 20+ goals for example! What on earth is going on with that fella?

It will be a sad day if he leaves the Vale but if we are all honest, whoever is to blame (if bleme is the correct wording) we should be better than we are, surely?

Totally agree on all the above. I also think we are a couple of players short of a decent team if players played in the right positions and given the license to attack.

Advert

There are too many rumours circulating at the moment, and saying we lost out on our targets, can mean anything. The chances are regardless of who was in charge, if a team comes in from Div1 for a player we are allegedly interested in,we are not going to get his signature. You couldn't blame ether NA, nor the chairman, it's just invariably what always happens.

What is annoying is if one of 'targets' and I never know how people get to hear who those players are in the first place, decides to go to a Conf team....then serious questions must be asked.

As for the vitriol apparently being aimed at Neil, I genuinely haven't heard much of it at all, certainly at matches. Yes we all sit there scratching heads and moaning between ourselves at what we are watching, but am sure most, the vast majority in fact would never throw personal insults at the manager or players.

Personally, I think Neil has to go, and for so many reasons, but, as is the case with any PV player, I would never, and certainly no more think of booing or throwing insults at either than I would swearing out loud if children or ladies are in ear shot.

I don't tell others off if they choose to do so, but |I choose not to, and that maybe a bit old fashioned,especially at a football match these days, and if it is, then I am more than comfortable with that

Oxford gave him a three and a half year contract. Wow that is some commitment and probably explains why he shunned us. We would have been crazy to offer him that long. Well that,'s life as a manager.

It's reported that it was a two and half year contract.He shunned us because of our league position and terms.

I was surprised at Aspo’s interview, there were a couple of dozen fans,tops, who chanted you don’t know what you’re doing, and it was only 3 or 4 chants. Maybe, as has been suggested previously, it’s something more than this that he’s not happy about.

If this if that. We draw against the leaders, yet fans still bloody moan. Aspin doesnt deserve this **** because he cant do right from wrong.

Fans are not really moaning about a point at Lincoln though. We have been god awful all season bar the odd performance.

Aspin does not deserve personal abuse but fans showing unrest about his lack of match winning mentality is a different thing.

I understand your support for him as I to would love him to succeed. Aspin the player deserves nothing short of admiration but Aspin the manager does not automatically get the same respect until he earns it.

9 wins in 46 league games really says it all.

I have the utmost repect for Neil and want him to succeed with all my heart, he is a genuine man and cares passionately.

There is something fundamentally wrong, is it him, the coaching staff, the tactics employed (playing not to lose) or is as we all know the overriding factor of the chairman dictating what happens?

I have to be honest the football has been poor in the main.

I honestly thought we had a much better squad this season but it appears not.

Ricky Miller was going to bag 20+ goals for example! What on earth is going on with that fella?

It will be a sad day if he leaves the Vale but if we are all honest, whoever is to blame (if blame is the correct wording) we should be better than we are, surely?

7 in 26 is slightly better for the 18/19 season up to now with more of his own players, so 12 wins at that rate equals 36 pts, plus 8 draws at the same rate making 14 points, with a total of 50 points. Not exciting maybe but enough to keep him in place, and time to make a more considered decision. Although there maybe other factors behind the scenes.

Fans are not really moaning about a point at Lincoln though. We have been god awful all season bar the odd performance.

Aspin does not deserve personal abuse but fans showing unrest about his lack of match winning mentality is a different thing.

I understand your support for him as I to would love him to succeed. Aspin the player deserves nothing short of admiration but Aspin the manager does not automatically get the same respect until he earns it.

Excellently put post and one that many of us echo.

Aspin after the Grimsby game - "I know we have some tough games coming up, but in anything in life you have to keep fighting. You don't throw the towel in and you want a result just for it to turn."

So what’s changed in less than a week

7 in 26 is slightly better for the 18/19 season up to now with more of his own players, so 12 wins at that rate equals 36 pts, plus 8 draws at the same rate making 14 points, with a total of 50 points. Not exciting maybe but enough to keep him in place, and time to make a more considered decision. Although there maybe other factors behind the scenes.

Not sure how 8 draws get 14 points !

Aspin after the Grimsby game - "I know we have some tough games coming up, but in anything in life you have to keep fighting. You don't throw the towel in and you want a result just for it to turn."

So what’s changed in less than a week

He’s spoken to Norm

The very fact that the topic of conversation is that we have missed out on signing more NON LEAGUE players shows how far our beloved club has fallen.

Just to reiterate.

Adams resigned because of Smurfthwaite. Page was hounded out by Smurfthwaite. Ribeiro was set on and sacked by Smurfthwaite. Brown was set on and sacked by Smurfthwaite and now Aspin looks like going the same way, because of Smurfthwaite.

I may not be the brightest, but I see a pattern here.

Don’t you ?

Archived