onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

I sit in the Railway and can hand on heart say I have not heard any chanting against Aspin,chants about how poor and how fed up we are,but not any personal ones against Aspin himself,what goes on in the Lorne street I dont know about but it cant be more than a handful,so I dont get all this hand wringing.

I've seen no banners with Aspin out, no concerted chanting, I have in the past,I remember the whole ground doing a slow hand clap against one gaffer, I'm slightly surprised at Aspins reaction,maybe he's looking for an excuse to leave.

Aspin has won only 9 games out of 46! Can’t think of many guys who would survive that. His football is defensive, Pope ball and boring. I reckon we have some good players with proper tactics and organisation we could be in top. He is driving supporters away. Any experience manager would get 50% out of them with a progressive attacking outlook.

Advert

I sit in the Railway and can hand on heart say I have not heard any chanting against Aspin,chants about how poor and how fed up we are,but not any personal ones against Aspin himself,what goes on in the Lorne street I dont know about but it cant be more than a handful,so I dont get all this hand wringing.

I've seen no banners with Aspin out, no concerted chanting, I have in the past,I remember the whole ground doing a slow hand clap against one gaffer, I'm slightly surprised at Aspins reaction,maybe he's looking for an excuse to leave.

He copped for some at Grimsby and I'd imagine at Morecambe when 2-0 down things may have been chanted.

Put yourself in Aspo's shoes. He flies to Ireland before Christmas, thought he'd got Sykes in the bag and the player switches lane at the last minute. This all happened the day before the Lincoln game, and then his team hold out until the second half which is the longed-for trigger for some of our "fans" to start abusing him.

I wouldn't blame him if he hung around the away coaches one day and faced down these people who shout so bravely behind stewards and their friends.

I'll say it again, we've got some absolute bell-ends as fans.

Or more accurately, we were outbid on both wages and prospects from an established League One team.

However don't let the facts get in the way of the default pessimism and negativity, eh?

We have lost countless players under Smurfwaite that were dead certs only to evaporate at the end. Even when we were an established League 1 club.

An established league 1 club? A 22nd placed, struggling league 1 club would be more accurate. A club that between 2006-11 was in non league. A club that has only been in league 1 since 2016-17.

It is yet another case of a PR move by Smurf to bid for players only to strangely miss out when it comes to the dotted line....

We have lost countless players under Smurfwaite that were dead certs only to evaporate at the end. Even when we were an established League 1 club.

An established league 1 club? A 22nd placed, struggling league 1 club would be more accurate. A club that between 2006-11 was in non league. A club that has only been in league 1 since 2016-17.

It is yet another case of a PR move by Smurf to bid for players only to strangely miss out when it comes to the dotted line....

I'm sure Aspo has better things to do than play along with a PR move - what does he gain from that?

Unbelievable, yet strangely believable when it comes to Vale fans.

If he stays, he needs to be backed.

From when he started, he lost 2 members of his back room staff to be replaced by nobody.

Most of his signings have been non league chancers or very young players (or both). If smurf thinks he’s that man to take us forward, give him the tools to do the best job he can

Lets be honest, without Manny's wonder goal we would have lost without any creating any real chances. It would have been another game we had tried to keep it tight for and conceded via a set piece. Thats why the fans were upset against Lincoln.

Does anyone watch training? How structured is it? Is aspin actively involved? It's all well and good blaming budgets and interference but how much is the manager helping himself?

The evidence on a Saturday suggests that training methods aren't implemented or at the very least the players aren't taking them on board. Does anyone actually see a plan or a way of playing?

If the manager is doing absolutely everything in his power to ensure the team he has at his disposal is performing at their optimum and still not getting the results, then we can look to blame others. But are we sure that Aspin is able or has the necessary structure in place to get the very best out of this set of players? The evidence suggests otherwise.

Just listened to Neil’s interview again and it’s bordeline embarrassing to say the least. “Woe is me someone booed me for taking a player off”. I bet most off the fans at the Lincoln game were thinking the same when you see our only attack minded player leave the pitch.

I know there have been reports of the odd Neanderthal abusing Aspin personally, which nobody condones but sadly goes on in football.

What I will say is that there has been talk of lack of respect for Aspin. Aspin the player has everybody’s utmost respect, it’s probably why he has lasted as long as 15 months given the rubbish we have been watching. But Aspin the manager has not earned that same respect, yet...

I think what is frustrating so many fans is the fact that actually deep down we all desperately want Aspin to be successful but he makes it so bloody difficult to support him.

That interview he gave yesterday is not the player who once stood tall for port vale. I’m fuming that he comes out feeling sorry for himself. No wonder we play like a bunch of limp d1cks against opisition. Show us some of the blood and thunder that made you a cult hero Aspin for gods sake!! Earn your respect as manager don’t rely on the respect you deservedly earned as a player, they are to completely separate things.

If he stays, he needs to be backed.

From when he started, he lost 2 members of his back room staff to be replaced by nobody.

Most of his signings have been non league chancers or very young players (or both). If smurf thinks he’s that man to take us forward, give him the tools to do the best job he can

If he stays he needs to man the f@@k up!!

He copped for some at Grimsby and I'd imagine at Morecambe when 2-0 down things may have been chanted.

Put yourself in Aspo's shoes. He flies to Ireland before Christmas, thought he'd got Sykes in the bag and the player switches lane at the last minute. This all happened the day before the Lincoln game, and then his team hold out until the second half which is the longed-for trigger for some of our "fans" to start abusing him.

I wouldn't blame him if he hung around the away coaches one day and faced down these people who shout so bravely behind stewards and their friends.

I'll say it again, we've got some absolute bell-ends as fans.

I dread to think how Aspo would go on if he was managing in front of 30k the more I think about it, he's not a snowflake he's a big lad,no,theres more to this than we are being told.

Aspin has won only 9 games out of 46! Can’t think of many guys who would survive that. His football is defensive, Pope ball and boring. I reckon we have some good players with proper tactics and organisation we could be in top. He is driving supporters away. Any experience manager would get 50% out of them with a progressive attacking outlook.

You are suggesting that we have a promotion team? Only Exeter and the promotion teams scraped at least 23 wins last season.

Lets be honest, without Manny's wonder goal we would have lost without any creating any real chances. It would have been another game we had tried to keep it tight for and conceded via a set piece. Thats why the fans were upset against Lincoln.

Not true, two kicked off the line and another hit the bar. Also 9 to 1 corner count to Vale. Don’t want Aspin but we did attack!

Archived