onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Two chances, the second wasn't off the line in my opinion. No supply to Pope all game. Neither side created much but if they hadn't scored and Manny hit that ball would you consider it a snatch and grab? I maintain if Manny hadn't scored we would all be talking about another game where we don't try to score goals.

Manny didn't try to score when he hit the bar either did he? And we weren't trying to score when we forced 9 corners? My mistake, sorry.

Advert

The very fact that the topic of conversation is that we have missed out on signing more NON LEAGUE players shows how far our beloved club has fallen.

Just to reiterate.

Adams resigned because of Smurfthwaite. Page was hounded out by Smurfthwaite. Ribeiro was set on and sacked by Smurfthwaite. Brown was set on and sacked by Smurfthwaite and now Aspin looks like going the same way, because of Smurfthwaite.

I may not be the brightest, but I see a pattern here.

Don’t you ?

Brown was set on by being crap, Smurfwaite actually gave him more time than deserved.

Think you’re point is accurate though. Bruno and Page, along with Adams all officially resigned, rather than being sacked. Bruno let because he wanted more financial backing, didn’t get it and walked. Smurfwaite then blamed him for not producing to glamorous loans his ties with Mourinho promised.

My take on this is not that Aspin is throwing the towel in, rather that Smurfthwaite has ripped it out of his hands and hurled it into the ring on his behalf.

It stinks of The Blue One’s way of dismissing managers.

I have never had the “pleasure” of meeting Smurfthwaite, but I would imagine his company as being something akin to having root canal work, but without the anaesthetic. Or possibly even like sticking pins in your own eyes.

Has there ever been a more despicable character connected with our club ?

If Aspin does leave, at least he will not have to bear Fat Face further. We on the other hand.....

How good a manager would Aspin be, if Smurthwaite wasn't our Chairman?
Exactly the same. Bewildering team selection, poor tactics, a negative outlook and a panic into mass changes when we lose a game. None of the above are due to our awful Chairman. Aspin was an understandable choice at the time and if he wasn't given a go he would have always been a romantic choice but in my opinion it's not worked for all of 2018, which is extremely regrettable.

That’s not a chance though is it? That was a piece of personal brilliance from manny, a screamer. You wouldn’t say it was a chance.
Of course it was a chance, he had the opportunity of position, space and time to execute a piece of personal brilliance.

Exactly the same. Bewildering team selection, poor tactics, a negative outlook and a panic into mass changes when we lose a game. None of the above are due to our awful Chairman. Aspin was an understandable choice at the time and if he wasn't given a go he would have always been a romantic choice but in my opinion it's not worked for all of 2018, which is extremely regrettable.
Not if the alternative chairman allowed better players into the club, kept players essential to the club, perhaps treated his managers with respect, avoided wholesale changes in personnel. Creating teams each season takes a few months to knit together.

Anyone calling for Aspin to go should take a good look at themselves. If he goes Smurthwaite would bring in an even cheaper option in. We'd go down with Danny pugh and yates in charge. Then they'd be moaning. Aspin was the fans choice not long ago so we should back him! Smurf should go, he can't run a football club!

I don’t know if Neil Aspin reads these threads but if you do Neil, as a supporter since 1952, I want you to stay.

The budget you get only allows you to recruit other teams cast offs and non league players. Yet, we are not in the bottom two. Leaving now will mean we go into free fall. If you stay we have a fighting chance.

Stay to the end of the season and see if anything happens re the ownership. The team are a symptom but the problem is the owner.

My advice for what it’s worth is to pick a settled side with players playing in their position and get them scrapping for points.

I’ve been a Vale fan when we barely scraped three thousand in the crowd. Things will get better if the team are giving their best.

Ignore the abuse. I’ve heard them. In the Lorne Street there are a few who shout abuse for 90 minutes. They spoil the game for everyone around them, but they are a noisy minority.

Please stay Neil. Up the Vale.

Lets be honest, without Manny's wonder goal we would have lost without any creating any real chances. It would have been another game we had tried to keep it tight for and conceded via a set piece. Thats why the fans were upset against Lincoln.
If that is your take then most teams who have visited Sincil Bank have got upset fans.

I don’t know if Neil Aspin reads these threads but if you do Neil, as a supporter since 1952, I want you to stay.

The budget you get only allows you to recruit other teams cast offs and non league players. Yet, we are not in the bottom two. Leaving now will mean we go into free fall. If you stay we have a fighting chance.

Stay to the end of the season and see if anything happens re the ownership. The team are a symptom but the problem is the owner.

My advice for what it’s worth is to pick a settled side with players playing in their position and get them scrapping for points.

I’ve been a Vale fan when we barely scraped three thousand in the crowd. Things will get better if the team are giving their best.

Ignore the abuse. I’ve heard them. In the Lorne Street there are a few who shout abuse for 90 minutes. They spoil the game for everyone around them, but they are a noisy minority.

Please stay Neil. Up the Vale.

Our budget is mid table for the league so why on earth is it seen as some kind of amazing achievement that we aren’t in the bottom two?!? We were the worst side statistically in league 2 in 2018 I don’t understand why some fans still think aspin deserves more time. If he wasn’t a vale legend he would have gone long long ago.

Horton got some stick from the fans behind the home dugout when we went 2-1 down at home to Northampton in the last minute. Vale score two in injury time (Clark and Littlejohn) and Brian's offering them outside.

A true story told to myself by someone who was there,Santa.Vale had lost ,at home,a small gathering outside the main entrance began singing how not well we had played.Horton went outside and came back with a couple of the singers.He then laid into the team inviting the fans to join in.The players were delighted.

Archived