onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

The thing is, these people are among the hardcore. That doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t daft, but they arent fair weather fans either. We didn’t take a great many to either Lincoln or Grimsby. Something’s obviously toxic at the football club to make the hardcore away support turn like that.

Advert

The thing is, these people are among the hardcore. That doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t daft, but they arent fair weather fans either. We didn’t take a great many to either Lincoln or Grimsby. Something’s obviously toxic at the football club to make the hardcore away support turn like that.

Not really. There's been lots of instances of Vale "fans" doing this in recent years and even before thn. VAdams, Page, Foyle, Glover, Brown have all copped for it.

I wonder if these people go to away games so they can justify the abuse by pointing out how much they have spent getting there!

Personality l'd be more likely to miss games because of the negativity on the terraces rather than the quality of the football. It really does my head in.

Lets be honest, without Manny's wonder goal we would have lost without any creating any real chances. It would have been another game we had tried to keep it tight for and conceded via a set piece. Thats why the fans were upset against Lincoln.

Let's be honest - that's rubbish. We had two cleared off the line in the first five minutes. Have an opinion by all means but don't rewrite history to back it up.

Let's be honest - that's rubbish. We had two cleared off the line in the first five minutes. Have an opinion by all means but don't rewrite history to back it up.

Two chances, the second wasn't off the line in my opinion. No supply to Pope all game. Neither side created much but if they hadn't scored and Manny hit that ball would you consider it a snatch and grab? I maintain if Manny hadn't scored we would all be talking about another game where we don't try to score goals.

But manny did score, hit the bar and had a couple of efforts in the first 10 minutes. You can’t discount what happened in the game. We also limited them to very little in the way of good chances. All in all it was a good away performance and not a smash and grab IMO. Bearing in mind how we’ve been playing in the league I don’t think the players deserve criticism for their performance yesterday at the league leaders.

Two chances, the second wasn't off the line in my opinion. No supply to Pope all game. Neither side created much but if they hadn't scored and Manny hit that ball would you consider it a snatch and grab? I maintain if Manny hadn't scored we would all be talking about another game where we don't try to score goals.

If this if that. We draw against the leaders, yet fans still bloody moan. Aspin doesnt deserve this **** because he cant do right from wrong.

Vale fans use to boo Rudgey at the end of his Championship days, and Horton in the League 1 days, so nothing surprises me with some of our fans tbh. Just be careful what you wish for..

Horton got some stick from the fans behind the home dugout when we went 2-1 down at home to Northampton in the last minute. Vale score two in injury time (Clark and Littlejohn) and Brian's offering them outside.

You are suggesting that we have a promotion team? Only Exeter and the promotion teams scraped at least 23 wins last season.

No didn’t say anything about points, said 50% improvement in performance and quality which won’t always mean a win.

Although we don't win very often, we win more than we did under Brown. We've still got some players in the squad signed by Brown who are not up to the standard required.

I'm 99% confident Aspin will keep us up if he stays. I'm also certain that many of the players that Aspin has recruited are better than what the previous two managers signed. For example, Brown, Legge, Rawlinson, Hannant, Manny, Conlon. Even Joyce and Vassel have been ok compared to some players we've had over the past couple of years.

It's also 90% certain that if Aspin does leave, NS will recruit someone worse and we'll be under massive threat of relegation then.

A couple of days into the window and the rumours are that we've missed out on three players already. How long are our target lists?

Come July, with Aspin in charge, we can maybe recruit four players to improve us further next season and get into the top half of the table. That's stability and steady progress.

If Aspin leaves now, it's more chaos and another sixteen players in the summer and we'll be in a much worse position in twelve months time.

Although we don't win very often, we win more than we did under Brown. We've still got some players in the squad signed by Brown who are not up to the standard required.

I'm 99% confident Aspin will keep us up if he stays. I'm also certain that many of the players that Aspin has recruited are better than what the previous two managers signed. For example, Brown, Legge, Rawlinson, Hannant, Manny, Conlon. Even Joyce and Vassel have been ok compared to some players we've had over the past couple of years.

It's also 90% certain that if Aspin does leave, NS will recruit someone worse and we'll be under massive threat of relegation then.

A couple of days into the window and the rumours are that we've missed out on three players already. How long are our target lists?

Come July, with Aspin in charge, we can maybe recruit four players to improve us further next season and get into the top half of the table. That's stability and steady progress.

If Aspin leaves now, it's more chaos and another sixteen players in the summer and we'll be in a much worse position in twelve months time.

We're probably 4 players short of being a decent team, compared with 10 last season. Tactics improvement and Aspin could succeed

Mark Sykes has signed for Oxford United instead. Another target missed.

Oxford gave him a three and a half year contract. Wow that is some commitment and probably explains why he shunned us. We would have been crazy to offer him that long. Well that,'s life as a manager.

We're probably 4 players short of being a decent team, compared with 10 last season. Tactics improvement and Aspin could succeed

9 wins in 46 league games really says it all.

I have the utmost repect for Neil and want him to succeed with all my heart, he is a genuine man and cares passionately.

There is something fundamentally wrong, is it him, the coaching staff, the tactics employed (playing not to lose) or is as we all know the overriding factor of the chairman dictating what happens?

I have to be honest the football has been poor in the main.

I honestly thought we had a much better squad this season but it appears not.

Ricky Miller was going to bag 20+ goals for example! What on earth is going on with that fella?

It will be a sad day if he leaves the Vale but if we are all honest, whoever is to blame (if blame is the correct wording) we should be better than we are, surely?

Archived