onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Advert

Shocking from the fans who abuse a manager for making a decision when 1-0 down we finished the game 1-1

You should all hold your heads in shame if your going be negative like that just don’t bother going your making the problems worse

We must have some of the most negative moaning fans in the country

Smurf do one

Where the hell have you been all season?

I would be sorry to lose Aspin if he does decide to walk away, because he is a decent man and has walked in to a manure storm coming back to Vale Park when he did. He is forced to shop in Poundland to get players, and even when we do look like paying a fee for a player like Sykes, he opts elsewhere. We are not a very attractive club to join right now, given our position and finances. Taking chances on players like Miller is what we have been left with, and if Miller has been behaving as some on here have been suggesting, he needs to leave the club asap. We don't need that on top of our present problems, and it is disappointing that it has gone the way it has - but I don't think we can blame Aspin for that. I really wanted Miller to be the answer to our striking woes, but he clearly isn't.

Smurf needs to back Aspin or let him go now so the next incumbent can have a go at the January transfer window, but given that it would likely be a cheap replacement from the ranks, I have no confidence that we would be any better off with that scenario. Fans expecting bigger name managers to come and work on the cheap need to be realistic - it's unlikely to happen, and if it did, there are no guarantees of success with the existing squad. Aspin bought in experienced heads (Joyce, Legge, Brown) and some younger hungrier non league lads (Hannant, Oyeleke) and then gets slated regularly by the keyboard experts for his signings, who go from world beaters one week to carthorses the next. They are cheap buys to try and avoid last season's problems, and overall, have been worth having. And who else was going to come for the money we pay?

I think we just need to ask what we expected after last season. It was never going to be promotion, although it would have been nice to push up the league and play more attractive football, and we did that for a while - but I would like to know why the wheels fell off. They didn't play like a group of players that have lost respect for the manager on Saturday, so maybe it is just playing players in the right positions and sticking with a shape regularly? I just think we need to stay more level headed and see what happens this month. If it leads to no fresh signings where we are lacking, we can point the finger at Norman. If it leads to more hoofball, we need to look at the manager - even ordinary players can be coached to get it down and pass it. It seems to me to be the quality of football that irks most people on here, causing us to lose to teams who are no better than us other than in their organisation and readiness to have a go when the chance presents itself. We need to become that club again - we were on Saturday, so what is stopping us from building on that? Let's see what Angus and Turner bring back to the club, and back the manager. If he goes now, I really do think we will be even more up against it.

Ahhhhh the motto of the Smurf Defence League!

I find this the weakest and most embarrassing of the arguments as to why Smurf should stay... because a hardworking fan who wants the best for the club isn’t a millionaire.

Just when I thought it would be hard for them to sound more pathetic.

If someone I loved needed an operation, just because I’m not able to do it doesn’t mean I should accept a surgeon who has messed up consistently for the last three years ploughing on and doing it.

It really is a stupid comment and shows the weakness of evidence as to why Norman should be left alone to ruin our club.

Grow up potless.

I think its a truly awful situation. A chairman who clearly fails to cut the mustard, a likeable manager with history who is honest and decent. It will remain debatable if Neil Aspin leaves if he could ever be successful. We will have to wait and see if he goes but one thing is for sure the lack of support financially wont have helped Neil, neither will unacceptable abuse from social media and the terraces. Vale fans are long suffering and we should hence not forget that.

I think its a truly awful situation. A chairman who clearly fails to cut the mustard, a likeable manager with history who is honest and decent. It will remain debatable if Neil Aspin leaves if he could ever be successful. We will have to wait and see if he goes but one thing is for sure the lack of support financially wont have helped Neil, neither will unacceptable abuse from social media and the terraces. Vale fans are long suffering and we should hence not forget that.

Long suffering? I love going the Vale.60 years anniversary this year.UTV.

He's far too fragile. Both Vale and Stoke are struggling and fans aren't happy with their managers. But Gary Rowett said in his interview yesterday that he would accept criticism/abuse off fans of the Toilet Smashers, because that's his job. Aspin meanwhile has a woe-is-me "they're all being mean to me" approach to the whole thing.

It's important to acknowledge that the club has massive structural problems, from the top down (covered elsewhere). Changing the manager will not resolve these. It's important to understand what changing the manager will achieve, and what it won't.

That said, Aspin should not be exempt from criticism.

We've come off the back of a very poor calendar year, objectively speaking. Contrast this with the sense of optimism felt in the first few months of Aspin's reign when we put four past Luton, the club has regressed over the last twelve months.

A lot has been said about us tactically and there's no need to go over it again. We're terrible to watch, to the point where the fans have started singing "Boring, Boring Vale". And they're just the ones that are still coming. Watching the Vale recently has gone past simply being not entertaining, the ever growing sense of futility is tangible. All sense of hope seems to have evaporated. People have stopped going because it hurts them to see the club in such a state.

As much as I can't stand the football at the minute, as well as the sense that the club is drifting aimlessly towards the Conference, what will changing anything achieve realistically? Especially when [you know who] is doing the recruiting. The short term objective has to be to scrape 5 more wins by hook or by crook and then review the situation in May.

Here we go again! How many changes of manager do some people want? Difficult I grant you, given the results' stats in 2018, to put up the strongest argument for retaining Neil Aspin. However, time and time again throughout the history of the game, clubs that prosper in the longer term are generally those that choose managerial stability.

Even Sir Alex Fergusson had his detractors at Man Utd in his earlier days as the gaffer--and look what sticking with him did for that club! I know some will say that's not an ideal analogy, but if Aspin goes that will be 4 managers in less than 3 years. A time, during which we have slipped down the EFL standings and had absolutely no consistency in squad building and future planning.

To those in the "Aspin out brigade" I would advise you think hard and long about who might replace him and what, if any, difference that will make to any forward thinking plans the club may have? A new manager could give us a short-term boost. For those with short memories, this is exactly what Neil Aspin did between October 2017 and January 2018--check out the points gained in his first 11 games in charge compared with our league position and points total when he took over after 11 games of that season if you don't believe me. IMO what this club desperately requires is a clear forward-looking plan and consistent and intelligent management to ensure that these objectives are achieved. Changing managers again at this point in time, is in my view, going to be a little like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic!

Here we go again! How many changes of manager do some people want? Difficult I grant you, given the results' stats in 2018, to put up the strongest argument for retaining Neil Aspin. However, time and time again throughout the history of the game, clubs that prosper in the longer term are generally those that choose managerial stability.

Even Sir Alex Fergusson had his detractors at Man Utd in his earlier days as the gaffer--and look what sticking with him did for that club! I know some will say that's not an ideal analogy, but if Aspin goes that will be 4 managers in less than 3 years. A time, during which we have slipped down the EFL standings and had absolutely no consistency in squad building and future planning.

To those in the "Aspin out brigade" I would advise you think hard and long about who might replace him and what, if any, difference that will make to any forward thinking plans the club may have? A new manager could give us a short-term boost. For those with short memories, this is exactly what Neil Aspin did between October 2017 and January 2018--check out the points gained in his first 11 games in charge compared with our league position and points total when he took over after 11 games of that season if you don't believe me. IMO what this club desperately requires is a clear forward-looking plan and consistent and intelligent management to ensure that these objectives are achieved. Changing managers again at this point in time, is in my view, going to be a little like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic!

agreed

I can no longer get to games, but have been a supporter and fan for approx.70 years. In all of that time I have never booed any person. I find booing to be childlike and disgusting.

Most of those who boo may not have the guts to face their victim head to head but do so in a gang.

Stoke's manager said on R.Stoke, 'Don't take it out on the players, blame me'. He is thick skinned like a professional should be, and Aspin should learn to wear HIS tin hat.

It is a bad time of the season to change managers, so our glorious leader should defend his manager and state that he is going to seriously back him in the transfer market.

Archived