onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

I feel it would another backward step if Neil goes, performances haven’t been good enough, I accept that, but he is pretty much building a team from scratch, and as with every signing, some work out, some don’t.... Manny, Conlon, Legge, Brown, Hannant, all good signings, Joyce and Miller, not so...it’s football, it happens Neil is trying to turn around a club who has been in decline for 4 years, it cannot be done overnight, take Notts County as an example, they spent a small fortune in Pre Season and are bottom of the league, Neil Aspin will have his targets for the transfer window, let him continue to build the team he wants.....

He sounds a hair's-breadth away from going,so I don't think it's anyones's decision but his if he goes.

Advert

I spoke with someone who attended today and he said that there were about a dozen people who shouted their displeasure when Whitfield was taken off. A dozen from >200 isn't many at all.

A couple of dozen is loud enough if they're surrounded by silent statues.

A couple of dozen is loud enough if they're surrounded by silent statues.

24'ish people, he should be able to take that on the chin, or give the reasons why he's doing as he is and not blame the fans for him possibly leaving.

Why are remaining fans silent perhaps there is nothing to get them out of their seats and they are bored? I know that I have for most of the season, hence me not attending today.

All the negativity from the fans towards the manager and team should really be towards smurf but for some reason he gets away with it

Sure you’ve read the ‘We Need To Talk About Norman’ thread. Hardly getting away with it. Wish he would go too but he owns the club and the ground so can choose when he goes.

To anyone pleading for Aspin to go, hang your heads in shame. You are pleading with the most incompetent buffoon in the footballing world, a man who has failed with every major decision he's had to make, to make another major decision. Hounding out a living legend of our club who is clearing up the huge mess left by others, all of which were caused by that fat ***** we have as chairman. He's destroyed the reputation of the club, and made it such an unattractive option, whoever we have as manager will struggle to make progress. We have a wage structure that year on year leads to managers missing their 1st choice targets and getting a huge squad with no quality.

Under the circumstances, with that tool as chairman, no manager would do better.

So what we can read from your post is that you think Aspin is the correct man for the job?

A man appointed by smurf?

Sense of irony here me thinks?

I’m a supporter of neither, before anyone shoots me down. I support the vale and always will no matter who comes and goes.

Trouble is if he goes Smurf will look for someone on the cheap with no budget to sign anyone. It’s a massive gamble when we are only 9 points above relegation.

Sums it up in a nutshell for me. I haven't exactly held back in my criticism of Aspo who has seriously underperformed with a squad that is much better than last season. Today's performance was the kind we've been looking for over the past six games or so but I'm still wondering if it will mark a turning point in the way Aspin sets up the team and motivates the players. He just seems too negative and cautious to me in a way that isn't justified by the quality (however limited) of the players we have.

So, if I thought that Norman would bring in someone like Ferguson, Bowyer, or Hurst and provide a proper transfer window budget, I'd be more sanguine about the prospect of Aspin going. But that's so improbable it makes you think twice. Someone posted earlier that nothing is so bad that it can't get worse and do we have any faith that Norman will make a success of appointing a new manager? The idea that he would appoint someone with absolutely zero managerial experience, like Pugh, fills me with dread.

So maybe this is not the time to part ways as seriously bad as it is. There is still a cluster of teams below us who look much more likely to go down and show little or no sign of improvement. On reflection, and almost against my better judgement, I think we should hold back and put Aspo on notice that the next three games in January will be make or break. In any case, it would be too late now (unless Norman has someone already lined up) for a new manager to make use of the transfer window. Tin hat on.

So what we can read from your post is that you think Aspin is the correct man for the job?

A man appointed by smurf?

Sense of irony here me thinks?

I’m a supporter of neither, before anyone shoots me down. I support the vale and always will no matter who comes and goes.

This is a common thing at Vale, isn't it?

Because Aspin is a legend as a PLAYER, he seems exempt from criticism as a manager.

Because Pope is becoming a legend, people pretty much lets him get away, with his absolutely disgusting behavior towards fans on twitter, the other night. Had that been ANY other player in the squad, ANY other, they would have been executed by an angry pitchforked mob!

And his performances, are also exempt from criticism. If he plays well he's a God, but if he plays bad (like today), it's not because he was bad, but because the others made him look bad. I know his goals depends on delivery, but today ie. his distribution was p... poor to say the least.

Because Dodds did well the last time he was here, he is also exempt from criticism.

Point being; because someone did well in the past, in Aspin's case in a whole other job, they have this aura about them, that makes some people blind to current affairs. They're put on a pedestal and don't seem able to or capable of, doing anything wrong.

If a person does something wrong today, I don't care how nice they were yesterday.

He has to go on my opinion. I'm gutted it's not worked out for him as he is a legend at the Vale and I want him to continue with his legendary status.

I feel for him. I believe he is out of his depth and he is failing. I don't want anyone at the Vale to fail and I really hoped he would be a success but this has not been the case. The reasons for his failure have been documented earlier.

If the only reason he should stay is because we don't trust our awful Chairman to pick a better manager then that shows a shocking lack of ambition.

If the players have played for him today then the question has to be asked why have they not played for him previously? Poor man management is my only answer.

Listening to him today I think he knows his days are numbered.

Archived