Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

Very happy with a point considering their league position. Fairly poor performance again which is concerning, bailed out by a moment of Rodney magic.

Thought Guthrie did alright when he came on, won a few headers and put himself about a bit.

• Thanks 1

Very good point. Disjointed performance but as others have said they were nothing to crow about. 

I think that's what is doing my head in , even though we beat them Cheltenham are decent, Exeter are okay but some of the other top sides are just very ordinary indeed 

Good point but goodness that was poor fare up until we scored. We gained confidence from that and I thought with a bit more belief we could have gone on and won that. Ultimately the sub changed the game as Rodney for me looked much better on the left cutting in, and I really thought he had them worried to death. I thought we saw the game out reasonably comfortably and did look more secure at the back although their goal was a really really bad one. 

Got to be happy with a point.

• Like 1

Similar to what others have said.

I would have snapped your entire arm off for a point, particularly as we offered very little going forward.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Fair comments from Radio Gloucester. Vale stayed in the game and eeked out a point. FGR the better team but were below par.

Second half I felt we were marginally the better side. They had 20 shots against Salford; can't remember one decent save Brown. We did a job on them every bit as much as teams have done a job on us at Vale Park at time this season. Stopping teams playing is at least as important in modern football as free flowing moves.

• Like 4

Decent point in the end, you can't say anything else. But it looked to be two poor teams from the performances, and I can't help but think the game was there to be won today had we just gone for it a little more from the off.

As frustrating as he can be and as raw as he looks at times, Rodney is one of the very few positives on the pitch that we actually have.

Edited by TylerB

Advert:

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

man of the match. scott brown. FGR shouldve won by a mile today. we got lucky and its papering over HUGE cracks.

Did you watch the same game he barely had a save to make

• Like 7

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Shall we credit that one to pope doha? emoji38.png

Not even in the squad and you're still obsessed with Tom Pope. Weird individual you. I notice you couldn't bring yourself to say anything on Tuesday when he played out the game with a fractured arm, concussion and a ruptured ligament.

• Like 2

Reasonable point. Players worked hard (especially Conlon) and I felt we could have nicked it at the end, though it was understandable that we protected the point.

Rodney is really developing into a good forward. A great finish and always puts a shift in, even when he lacks service. Guthrie seemed to win everything in the air and certainly didn't look lazy (as Bradford suggest), but we offered little up front so unsurprising to see him fairly quiet.

For all their possession, Brown didn't have to do anything particularly difficult.

I still think the full backs are weak links, so if we can get Gibbons and Monty back in there, get Worrall back onto the flanks, and sign a centre half, then we should be fine to be mid-table. I think we've left ourselves with far too much to do for top 7.

Pugh has made a good a start as he could hope for. A win next week will most likely see him installed till May.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Advert:

Radio Sjoke just explained by there was no Vale commentary.  They would rather do Sjoke and Crewe - than Vale.

Actually thought the FGR commentary was better.  So may be that is the way forward use the away commentary team.  🤣

• Thanks 1