Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Guthrie - put himself about but I guess he didn't score a hat trick so some fans won't be happy. 

Has anyone actually said this though

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think that's what is doing my head in , even though we beat them Cheltenham are decent, Exeter are okay but some of the other top sides are just very ordinary indeed 

I'm with you. Its soooo frustrating because the whole league is bang average. There are no really good sides in the league this year but I think circumstances of the season and the new squad sizes have contributed massively to it. 

I do feel with Monty & Worrall to come back into that side which finished the game today, a couple of positive results and we could go on a run and get going.The main problem with our side at present is confidence and with a few results it will change.

• Like 4

It’s always good to get an away point but FGR are a good team who will be promoted this season. It was a bit of a rubbish performance and I don’t think Pugh can hide that fact but points mean prizes. Let’s see how we get on against Walsall next week.

Advert:

Just now, valiant steve said:

We need two up front at home next week. 

Don't think Pugh will go with this formation due to the players we have available.  Trying to be nice to the fit players we have available 🤣

We need some of the key players back as those left fit - most are either lacking confidence or just not good enough to wear a Vale shirt.  I am hoping its the first, but actually feel it is the later.

Bring on the next match and see which players are fit and hope for a win.

• Like 1

Performance was crap and at 1-0 a fully expected them to kick on and score a few more. We’ve dug in well there without playing well ourselves. Poor game of football but a very good and welcome point at the end of it. Need to make sure we win at least 2 of the next 3 games against poor sides. Would still like a CB and maybe a winger just with the constant injuries ours pick up 

Rodney has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 12 starts.

7 goals and 3 assists from 22 games this season.

Good, that. I really like him. Grafts even when nothing falls to him, and has a proper knack for finishing. Maybe Askey was a transfer magician after all. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4

Advert:

1 minute ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Second one looks nice, no Joyce 🙏🏻 

Joyce was useful today. I think at home against poor sides, Taylor and Conlon cover enough ground to allow us to go 442 and proper go at teams. 

• Like 1

Joyce was useful today. I think at home against poor sides, Taylor and Conlon cover enough ground to allow us to go 442 and proper go at teams. 
Joyce was bloody awful!
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rodney has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 12 starts.

7 goals and 3 assists from 22 games this season.

Good, that. I really like him. Grafts even when nothing falls to him, and has a proper knack for finishing. Maybe Askey was a transfer magician after all.

Has something. Would like him to be a bit more physical at times. He’s a strong lad but needs use it a bit more. Just hoping it comes with more experience. 

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Brown

Gibbo New CB Smith Monty

Conlon Joyce Taylor

Worrall Guthrie Rodney

OR

Brown

Gibbo New CB Smith Monty

Worrall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney Guthrie

Would both be nice. 

Maybe I am on my own but for me I think Fitzpatrick does a steady job and I feel much calmer with him there than Monty or Crookes.  I am a fan of Monty but playing left wing and if fit next week get him on the wing and hopefully Worrall on the right.

• Like 3

Advert:

Just now, philmpv said:
1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Joyce was bloody awful!

I thought he was alright. Nothing brilliant, but did his job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

He was marginally better in the second half, but thought he was garbage first half. Just backs off and backs off, didn’t get stuck in and misplaced nearly every pass.

• Like 1

Just now, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am on my own but for me I think Fitzpatrick does a steady job and I feel much calmer with him there than Monty or Crookes.  I am a fan of Monty but playing left wing and if fit next week get him on the wing and hopefully Worrall on the right.

I have no idea what the purpose of Fitzpatrick is. He is alright on the ball like, but apart from that he seems to avoid getting involved at all costs. A fine back up but Montano can impact games single-handedly. A no brainer, for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1