onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

If the majority welcome dross like this back with open arms then we as a fan base deserve exactly what we get. NS will do what he can get away with and he knows he can get away with this because happy clappers living in the past are what buys season tickets and shirts. If he thought for one second fans wouldn’t have it there would be no way back for the likes of Dodds.... but they will , a majority will lap him up like a lost Pele. That’s fine but you only have yourselves to blame when by Xmas he’s on the bench and fans are moaning about NS having to make funds available in January. Do your recruitment properly in the summer and you don’t need much in Jan. Louis Dodds retuning is not doing your recruitment properly it’s allowing him to negotiate his own return to the club.

I fully expect him to be on the bench, I suspect hes been signed to cover Turners departure

Advert

If the majority welcome dross like this back with open arms then we as a fan base deserve exactly what we get. NS will do what he can get away with and he knows he can get away with this because happy clappers living in the past are what buys season tickets and shirts. If he thought for one second fans wouldn’t have it there would be no way back for the likes of Dodds.... but they will , a majority will lap him up like a lost Pele. That’s fine but you only have yourselves to blame when by Xmas he’s on the bench and fans are moaning about NS having to make funds available in January. Do your recruitment properly in the summer and you don’t need much in Jan. Louis Dodds retuning is not doing your recruitment properly it’s allowing him to negotiate his own return to the club.

matt I hear your frustration along with many others but we either like it or lump it,norman will not payout otherwise we would have got more over the line we are down to more non leaguers or players nearing the end of their careers..tbh im surprised that we have got some targets and this have given optimism but think the well for anymore is drying -purely guess work but don't think im far wrong with the vibes going around.

Think we will be in the loan market for sure to fill the holes left end of july

Dodds would be a great signing imo - he offers much more than what you see on the pitch. He’s a great character to have around the club, especially given how bad things have been in the last 2 seasons!

Give him a job as kit man then he knows how to stop his shorts getting dirty.It was the same with Yates too much sentiment.The money for his wages can be used towards better wages to attract a decent player who is a regular in the first team.We have better midfielders already than Dodds so spend it on the strikers we desperately need.Just because he is a jester in the changing room is no reason to sign him.His better days were 4 to 5 years ago you can’t turn back time.

but our owner doesn't value paying high wages because he probably doesn't value footballers earning over a certain amount

One thing that shows Norman's attitude towards footballers is the way he keeps referring to them as "kids". In the Sentinel yesterday he is quoted as saying, "There was a kid we were going to sign..." Why not "a player"? Kid just sound disrespectful. He's said it numerous times on the radio and in meetings. I know it's probably just me but it niggles.

So you are saying that no one should have bought a season ticket or a shirt? I don't think anyone would complain if NS actually made some funds available in a January window.

Who would you sign instead?

One thing that shows Norman's attitude towards footballers is the way he keeps referring to them as "kids". In the Sentinel yesterday he is quoted as saying, "There was a kid we were going to sign..." Why not "a player"? Kid just sound disrespectful. He's said it numerous times on the radio and in meetings. I know it's probably just me but it niggles.

tbh jacko not picked up on that but agree especially if it is to be believed he said to a Cheltenham player about his bonus out loud in a full room thus making him the higher person

my guess is that he has money and sees this as the measure of people and thus respect given accordingly-

Mick adams , mike brown for eg are quite well off so he will listen to them because he respects them for what they have -always remember the comment when brown got sacked as manager he was asked if he would save money as he was still registered as a player norman replied "no we wont worry about that I wouldn't do that on him" ..as he is driven by money you have to question why he is happy to not worry about money on this occasion yet he penny pinches with everyone else-presume its a form of control

also another reason why he wont value paying good to high rates for wages, why should he give a footballer all that money

Whether you think Dodds is a good signing or not (personally I think it's a huge backwards step ) the one thing is obvious is that if he signs this smacks of utter desperation from the club.

As mentioned above aspins already said he didn't want Dodds this summer. Now it's last chance saloon and we've got to take him.

We've gone from bids for dennis, armond and waters, to a part time physio and a bloke who couldn't get into a relegated Chesterfield team and was passed his best when he left the first time around.

If they sign I hope they prove me wrong and fly, but it looks like Pope's in for another long season.

Whether you think Dodds is a good signing or not (personally I think it's a huge backwards step ) the one thing is obvious is that if he signs this smacks of utter desperation from the club.

As mentioned above aspins already said he didn't want Dodds this summer. Now it's last chance saloon and we've got to take him.

We've gone from bids for dennis, armond and waters, to a part time physio and a bloke who couldn't get into a relegated Chesterfield team and was passed his best when he left the first time around.

If they sign I hope they prove me wrong and fly, but it looks like Pope's in for another long season.

Lower league management is all about managing your budget. Aspin never said he didn't want Dodds in the interview he said he wasn't someone he was prioritising at that time. The rumoured situation is that Chesterfield are prepared to subsidise his signing. I'll be disappointed if we don't bring in a couple of forwards, but Aspin said he might strengthen his midfield options depending on availability. He's different to what we have. I've never been a strong advocate of Dodds (happy for people to quote previous quotes on him), but equally I can see what he adds to a squad. Aspin has gone for players early doors he thinks will make a big difference. He now needs to maximise what is left in his budget. Great lower league management is all about maximum bang for your buck, every fan wants more buck but that's just not the real world. If we bring in a couple of forwards and Aspin sees Dodds as a decent midfield option I've got no real problems, particularly if he feels he's value for money. Management in any walk of life is about managing resources effectively.

He probably knows as much as the next fan. Some of his rumours are an absolute joke...did you see the one about the Aston Villa player? And then he said Billy waters had definitely signed...QUOTE]

Not sure why you're being so pissy about him? He can only work with rumours until something is confirmed? To be fair, he wasn't the only one got Billy Waters wrong...or Ricky Miller. Half this site was aghast about Miller's signing! As for the Villa player...so what? - it was just another rumour! If you can do a better job at ferreting out the truth - do it! If not, suck it up! And I don't think he's any more full of **** as the ***** on here who've wasted pages on the merits, or otherwise, of Louis Dodd - which is still, I believe, a rumour?

He probably knows as much as the next fan. Some of his rumours are an absolute joke...did you see the one about the Aston Villa player? And then he said Billy waters had definitely signed...QUOTE]

Not sure why you're being so pissy about him? He can only work with rumours until something is confirmed? To be fair, he wasn't the only one got Billy Waters wrong...or Ricky Miller. Half this site was aghast about Miller's signing! As for the Villa player...so what? - it was just another rumour! If you can do a better job at ferreting out the truth - do it! If not, suck it up! And I don't think he's any more full of **** as the ***** on here who've wasted pages on the merits, or otherwise, of Louis Dodd - which is still, I believe, a rumour?

Well said same people hear a rumour then think its gospel lol i wish my only concern was to tell aspin and rudgie how to do their job

I'm glad you have brought that up, I too agree that calling players as "Kids" is disrespectful and demeaning,it's quite obvious that he views his playing staff as a commodity it also shows the kind of character he is.

With the exception of the Villa player I'd be surprised if we hadn't had some kind of contact with all the players they've discussed. Dodds is in the paper in Chesterfield as a done deal. Don't see anything wrong with it as rumours are a part of supporting a club. No manager has ever signed every player they've spoken to. Rudge failed to land Steve Bull and Brian Deane ... we ended up with Andy Jones.

You’ve forgotten to sign into the UNOFFICIAL VALE account m8.

Archived