onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Is it coincidental that, at the start of the Summer, Norm is silent, Aspo and Rudge getting to work, good signing after good signing rolls through the door.

Later on in the Summer, fans are happy, Norm feels comfortable enough to come out of his hidey-hole and starts talking to the press about who we want, and who we don't want, and decides he fancies being a landlord to second club, and everything falls to pieces?

Its literally to the day, black and white; no sign of Norm, everything goes well, Norm re-appears, and we can't even sign Paddy Amond and are bundling home Dodds and an 18 year old with 3 goals to his name.

Maybe its coincidental, but at this stage Norm and things to to pot have a long, well-documented history.

I know I have an antipathy to Norm but everything seemed so much better when we could all forget he exists.

Advert

I'm glad you have brought that up, I too agree that calling players as "Kids" is disrespectful and demeaning,it's quite obvious that he views his playing staff as a commodity it also shows the kind of character he is.

Clutching at straws to find things to beat Smurf with - it's local colloquialism, in some areas, just as some parts of the Potteries refer to "youths", for which I got laughed at when I first moved up to Lancashire.

Clutching at straws to find things to beat Smurf with - it's local colloquialism, in some areas, just as some parts of the Potteries refer to "youths", for which I got laughed at when I first moved up to Lancashire.

Norm calls players kids as he often forgets their names.

I remember when we had the French centre half, Doumbe, on trial one pre-season. He looked decent and we all wanted to sign him.

Norm was asked at a Q&A whether he would be joining. It quickly became apparent that Norm didn't know/had forgotten his name, and referred to him as 'The French Kid' for the rest of the night.

Imagine the shambles he was in 2 summers ago, when half of us struggled to remember who was playing for us. The French Kid could have applied to one of 3.

If you had an antipathy towards Smurf you would totally ignore, and not refer to anything he does as being irrelevant!

I try but its infuriating to see the search for a striker crumble before our eyes.

We keep ballsing up transfer windows. This will probably go down as a good one, but support for Pope may be the difference between top 7 and mid table.

Welcome back Doddsy, one of ours now so got to get behind him. Less of the hate towards him please.

Wasn't on my radar and had hoped we'd moved on, that said he is useful from the bench ( i hope ).

Always a class act when he played against us so lets give him a chance please.

Is it coincidental that, at the start of the Summer, Norm is silent, Aspo and Rudge getting to work, good signing after good signing rolls through the door.

Later on in the Summer, fans are happy, Norm feels comfortable enough to come out of his hidey-hole and starts talking to the press about who we want, and who we don't want, and decides he fancies being a landlord to second club, and everything falls to pieces?

Its literally to the day, black and white; no sign of Norm, everything goes well, Norm re-appears, and we can't even sign Paddy Amond and are bundling home Dodds and an 18 year old with 3 goals to his name.

Maybe its coincidental, but at this stage Norm and things to to pot have a long, well-documented history.

I know I have an antipathy to Norm but everything seemed so much better when we could all forget he exists.

Can't go buying football grounds and financing football clubs with the same money

This isn't about beating Smurf. I just thought it was unprofessional. You don't. Fine. Move on.

I'm not so much bothered who the players are it's that we are bringing loanies in before sorting the permanent players out. I would have thought it would be the other way round.

Not necessarily, I suppose it depends on who becomes available and when. If its a season long loan then it means we can obviously plan the whole season with him and he automatically ticks the box for a number ten.

Heres Dodds reveal video on the official site too:

Archived