onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

We've gone from bids for dennis, armond and waters, to a part time physio and a bloke who couldn't get into a relegated Chesterfield team and was passed his best when he left the first time around.

Did the quality of player we were looking at change around the time Norman ‘helped’ Nuneaton buy buying their ground??

Advert

MK Dons have signed Mitch Hancox after he turned down a new deal at fellow League Two side Macclesfield Town.

The 24-year-old, who can play in midfield or at left-back, has agreed a one-year deal and becomes the Dons' fourth signing of the summer.

He scored 13 goals in 77 league appearances during two years at Town.

"Mitch has had a couple of very good seasons at Macclesfield - notably last season in a promotion-winning team," Dons boss Paul Tisdale said.

Did this one pass us by.

MK Dons have signed Mitch Hancox after he turned down a new deal at fellow League Two side Macclesfield Town.

The 24-year-old, who can play in midfield or at left-back, has agreed a one-year deal and becomes the Dons' fourth signing of the summer.

He scored 13 goals in 77 league appearances during two years at Town.

"Mitch has had a couple of very good seasons at Macclesfield - notably last season in a promotion-winning team," Dons boss Paul Tisdale said.

Did this one pass us by.

Probably not as we already have a leftback come left-wing. Effectively another player from non league. There are going to be a lot of players with league experience without offers at the end of August looking at the numbers picked up already from the conference and below.

If we're signing Kanu and Dodds, that would leave us with:

Pope, Angus, Dodds, Kanu, Turner, (technically Barnett).

With Turner set to leave in some capacity, we'll have Pope, an attacking mid, and two chancers. With our only other concrete interest seemingly only in Oswell, it'd be a risk rolling with Pope, Oswell, Kanu, Angus, Dodds.

Aspo said we needed a proven FL striker to support Pope, and unless we pull off a surprise coup in the coming weeks it would seem its another gamble on the forward line, and hope Popey staves off another hernia for a season.

Maybe one of the gambles (Kanu, Oswell, Angus) will surprise us, but it would have been nicer to go into the season with a trustworthy forward line. Its been a pretty good summer overall so far but this never ending saga of striker-buying has put a bit of a dampener on it.

I'd have even taken a old fart like Dagnall, just someone who we know would bag us somewhere around 10 goals this season.

I get we're a bottom end League 2 club and beggars can't be choosers, I just feel a bit let down after we went guns a blazing in the first week of May with good signings, promises of firepower, bidding for the likes of Dennis and Amond, only to be left with Dodds and an 18 year old, and possibly a punt on a lad playing National League North last season.

I would be pretty happy with all 3 of them signings, if in conjunction with the promised proven forward. Maybe I've gotten greedy with how decent our business was a few weeks back.

So who and where is the striker that Smurf said “ was over the line “ not so long ago, or the non league striker who we are in negotiations with ?? Must have dropped them for a better deal with Doddsy.........getting a bit frustrated with all these “ no show “ strikers we are supposedly after.

Here's a player who I'd take a look at: Ryan Brunt

Available on a free from Exeter, former Stoke academy kid (Rudge might know him a bit). Scored against us that night when it all boiled over at Bristol Rovers in the promotion season.

I'd have even taken a old fart like Dagnall, just someone who we know would bag us somewhere around 10 goals this season.

I get we're a bottom end League 2 club and beggars can't be choosers, I just feel a bit let down after we went guns a blazing in the first week of May with good signings, promises of firepower, bidding for the likes of Dennis and Amond, only to be left with Dodds and an 18 year old, and possibly a punt on a lad playing National League North last season.

I would be pretty happy with all 3 of them signings, if in conjunction with the promised proven forward. Maybe I've gotten greedy with how decent our business was a few weeks back.

I’d take Dagnall, standard 8-10 goals at this level and always a threat from the bench

Can't help feeling that McAnthony has tempted Norm in with the promise Miller and Morais and then done the old switch and we've ended up with this kid on loan instead.

NS’s desire to talk about players in the press has been totally taken advantage of by Posh. They see him as a walking free advert or a possible customer. Best case NS talks about wanting to sign players from posh and other swoop in and pay more than us for them, worst case he sells them to NS for the lower price agreed.

Kanu was meant to be a wonder kid. United wanted him at one stage but his scoring records poor so far!

I'd hope we will be in for one proven striker.

If we were to take him are Aspo rudge and NS sharp enough to have a first option clause in the loan contract and set fee at the end of the loan? That way if he turns up and looks the part he’s ours if not he’s back to posh.

Here's a player who I'd take a look at: Ryan Brunt

Available on a free from Exeter, former Stoke academy kid (Rudge might know him a bit). Scored against us that night when it all boiled over at Bristol Rovers in the promotion season.

He's someone I rate but rather injury prone.

Can't help feeling that McAnthony has tempted Norm in with the promise Miller and Morais and then done the old switch and we've ended up with this kid on loan instead.

You can tell MacAnthony thinks Norm is a bit of a buffoon.

Always refers to him endearingly/patronisingly as 'Uncle Norm' on Twitter.

Its not as if Smurf has a history of being hoodwinked though.

Archived