onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

When a club gets relegated they usually try and keep hold of their best players or they sell them to generate funds.

The fact that Chesterfield are allowing Dodds to leave on loan says everything.

Like I've said, we are in for another season of struggle.

Suppose we have around £1m of transfer funds in the bank though eh?

Advert

I understand that it is often used between friends or acquaintances in a friendly way but we are talking about a supposedly professional environment here. I’ve got no problem with other folk not having a problem. I’m just old and miserable and it niggles with me.

I've been called far worse that that mrs Jackson the other day someone called me young but I think they were on their way to specsavers.

Tosh the signings have been really good in key positions too. Another who’s never happy unless they have something to moan about.
Signings are good in defensive positions I will agree.

But it's obvious to see that the squad won't score enough goals again. We can't rely on Pope to bail us out again.

Norman - stop messing around with my club and invest in the squad!

I'LL believe it when he signs not before and as I'm not on faceache or twatter to me it's all smoke and mirrors pub toilet rumours and bullshyte.

hmmm! seems the rumour was accurate but if chesterfield are paying the bulk of his wages then there is a modicum of sensible reasoning behind it

In our promotion season,many years ago,in Pope’s only prolific goal scoring season in his whole career,how many assists did Louis provide for Tom?I realise they are your love children but.....
You just won't leave it will you? Don't you want to acknowledge that Tom Pope who you seem to have a grudge against saved our skins last season and if you fail to see that you must be dense. Yes I'm pleased about Doddsie because he has that touch of class in his game and will I'm sure be worthy of his wage.

My whelm is so undered! I will support Dodds as a Vale player of course( when he comes off the bench) but really? A player year by year now dropping down the scale. It's honestly not as though he was either consistent or to be relied upon even in his so called "hey days" at Vale but now In his twilight years I despair at what the Club are trying to achieve? He will NOT excite fans.He will NOT be the signing to sell season tickets. He will NOT be a regular in the Team. I assume his so called " behind the scenes" talents might gain him some sway with a few fans and perhaps we may get the expected 5 or 6 reasonable performances from him. I am truly flabbergasted at this signing, no matter what any Vale fan may say. I pray we actually sign a goalscorer please, if only to appease me and many others no doubt who feel the same as me.

In the promotion season prior to January our strike force was Pope with Dodds behind him, with Ben Williamson playing a bit part when we needed some pace up top. Can Angus stand in for Williamson?

We did have Myrie Williams and Vincent on either wing and two of Shuker, Morsy and Burge in middle.

If our midfield can create the opportunities that that one did there is no reason our current strike force couldn't score enough goals for a promotion push. We currently also have Barnett & Turner, who could well be on their way out.

If through a bit of fortune we can get to January in a promising position we are then more appealing to strikers like a Hughes or someone who has moved slightly beyond their level.

Its not ideal but it isn't the end of the world if we don't get the additional forward we all want, providing we have a creative midfield and strong back line.

Archived