onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Could Mr Smurthwaite please explain to fans why we we are unlikely to sign a proven striker this close season. This is yet ANOTHER transfer window where we have not obtained a striker, are we foolishly going to rely on Pope for a further season. Norman you are conning us all.

How is this Smurfs fault? The money is their in transfer fees. Aspin not smurf turns down one forward due to his wage demands.

Because Aspin is the big vale legend does not make him an aspirational manager who players want to come and play for. Aspin has one directional tactics makes clear favourites often getting it very wrong and a very poor record at vale of signing players. Two players have gone with egg on Aspins face this summer.

Really disappointed not to see at least a midfielder and two strikers with real potential from Aspin and Rudge.

Advert

I try but its infuriating to see the search for a striker crumble before our eyes.

We keep ballsing up transfer windows. This will probably go down as a good one, but support for Pope may be the difference between top 7 and mid table.

Or the difference between top half and bottom half. We’re just overreliant on Popey. If he gets a lengthy injury, we’ll really struggle because of the paucity of goals in the rest of the squad. If Aspo had any hair left he would be tearing it out with the way this window has gone in his search for a decent striker or two.

I keep recalling that when Brown was signed he said in his interview that Ainsworth made a couple of signings just before the season began who really helped thm to promotion. Perhaps there’s still a chance...

Quite sad to see Dodds talk about reading a few negative comments about his return, and wanting to get more cheers than boos.

Was never a big of a fan as others were, but he's a promotion winning player, with 300+ appearances and over 50 goals for us. 8 years with us, never moaned about not playing, never could be criticised for lack of effort (despite inconsistency), and capable of true class on his day. He arrived with no connection to us but left with a genuine affinity for the club, rare in this day and age.

I can get not being a proper fan of his but I am staggered that some would level negativity to a lad, who at worst, will be a cheap, reliable squad player.

I'm sure he's a big boy and can handle a bit of stick but it just winds me up that useless mercenaries like Reggie were ******* lauded by some and a good, loyal lad like Dodds has to deal with this tripe.

How is this Smurfs fault? The money is their in transfer fees. Aspin not smurf turns down one forward due to his wage demands.

Because Aspin is the big vale legend does not make him an aspirational manager who players want to come and play for. Aspin has one directional tactics makes clear favourites often getting it very wrong and a very poor record at vale of signing players. Two players have gone with egg on Aspins face this summer.

Really disappointed not to see at least a midfielder and two strikers with real potential from Aspin and Rudge.

Personally my thought would be along the lines that Aspin has a budget which will be limited although he can spend how he wants but cant offer players above a certain ceiling for wages + a restricted bonus package,

Might be wrong but this seems the root cause and stumbling block of not getting the strikers we need-hence why smurf would be to blame, thus meaning we end up with a qty of players from lower down the pecking order

Didn't he sign a contract extension a month or so ago?

Yep, after a season missed through injury.

He wants to repay the clubs faith, and the manager is delighted to get him tied down.

Be a weird one if they were to let him go, but 100k for a lad who missed a season through injury isn't a bad deal for them.

Literally know nothing about him so no idea if this is good or not.

Take this with a huuuuuuuge pinch of salt, as Unofficial Vale, after a good start, haven't been on form in recent weeks;

BREAKING: #PVFC Have bid an upfront £100,000 for Blackpool striker Mark Cullen

Or take it as gospel and then blame smurf when it turns out we were never in for him in the first place, or if he refers to him as mucker in the press.

So is that 23 players now, including 3 goalkeepers? 3 of them on the transfer list, 2 youth players and 4 or 5 non league players? Kay suspended for two games. No need to panic yet.

:laugh: **** sake, we've had brilliant weather for the past few months and there's a world cup on! Enjoy life a bit.

I'll be first in line to panic with you a week before the season starts if we still haven't signed anyone.

The fine young gentleman, from memory, is a skilful nippy striker who I think did really well at Luton and then Blackpool signed him for a decent fee 2-3 years ago. On paper, he appears to be a bit like Walters, Morais - that type of lad rather than a big target man.

But talk is cheap. We've heard it all before. And if he's on league one wages are we going to be able to better that, regardless of a fee? Still, being connected to a player like him is better PR than someone from the Flying Horse, national league six.

Fingers crossed, as we all have.

Could Mr Smurthwaite please explain to fans why we we are unlikely to sign a proven striker this close season. This is yet ANOTHER transfer window where we have not obtained a striker, are we foolishly going to rely on Pope for a further season. Norman you are conning us all.

When did the transfer window close? Must have missed it.

The lad, from memory, is a skilful nippy striker who I think did really well at Luton and then Blackpool signed him for a decent fee 2-3 years ago. On paper, he appears to be a bit like Walters, Morais - that type of lad rather than a big target man.

But talk is cheap. We've heard it all before. And if he's on league one wages are we going to be able to better that, regardless of a fee? Still, being connected to a player like him is better PR than someone from the Flying Horse, national league six.

Fingers crossed, as we all have.

Sorry TheSage can you please not refer to a professional footballer as 'lad' as it's demeaning. Fine young gentleman will be fine.

At the beginning of last season I was quite optimistic when Baldrick Brown bought in Pope,Montano,Wilson and Worrall.

Then we were rock bottom and couldn’t buy a win and Brown was replaced by Aspin.

By the end of December people were talking about play offs and the bubble burst and we were lucky to survive by one point.

Definitely a roller coaster of a season and hopefully we can do better in the coming season.

Unless we sign two decent strikers next season may be the same as last.Adding Louis Dodds to the geriatrics like Kay,Tonge and Pugh will not improve the team and is a backward step.Yes I do include John Rudge in this decision and feel disappointed that we are so desperate to sign players.At the end of June most players are out of contract and need to find a new club to put food on the table so will be desperate to get a contract.

Archived