onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Looking at our fanbase and the money we've received from transfers over the last 18 months (well over £2m in guaranteed income), added to apparent record shirt sales and good ST sales, we should be amongst the wealthiest clubs in this league.

The window has been very good so far but considering Aspo underlining the importance of getting a 'proven Football League striker' in, a fruitless endeavour, its a little bit worrying.

I'm allowed to be happy with the window thus far and yet still disappointed that Morais, Amond, and Dennis fell through. Oswell and Dodds would be nice but they can't be relied up to relieve the stress on Pope.

Advert

Can’t remember who was mentioned specifically other than Dodds and Birchall. Timing obviously wrong for Pope but conversation definitely took place.

Forgive me if I have doubts about what you wrote previously, Matt. Your memory is clearly not perfect.

Forgive me if I have doubts about what you wrote previously, Matt. Your memory is clearly not perfect.

Forgive me if I don’t believe these emails from Smurf either Jean. You seem to have one for every occasion to suit your cause.

I'll add my two penneth for what it is worth.

Firstly why are supporters privvy to private email involving Louis Dodds , Smurf or whoever ?

Heaven knows. The email was sent to me totally unsolicited at the time when the Smurf cull was underway. It was Louis Dodds' email turning down the option on his contract and Norman's reply to him. Both very polite. I did not share these with anyone until MattH started talking about Dodds being kicked out when he clearly wasn't.

Looking at our fanbase and the money we've received from transfers over the last 18 months (well over £2m in guaranteed income), added to apparent record shirt sales and good ST sales, we should be amongst the wealthiest clubs in this league.

The window has been very good so far but considering Aspo underlining the importance of getting a 'proven Football League striker' in, a fruitless endeavour, its a little bit worrying.

I'm allowed to be happy with the window thus far and yet still disappointed that Morais, Amond, and Dennis fell through. Oswell and Dodds would be nice but they can't be relied up to relieve the stress on Pope.

We don’t know what is the reason for not signing these guys as yet though do we? Could be that we were in prime position and other clubs have come in with higher bids, could be that players have had offers to sit tight from bigger clubs. Everyone’s assuming that it’s money. I can’t imagine we are breaking the bank, but why would you as a league 1 player treat PvFC as anything other than a standard league 2 side? We will back at the back of the queue when clubs come knocking. I’m my opinion Poshs chairman has had smurf off because he wanted to make sure sides knew their were offers in on players to drive up the price (same with Chesterfield) and Smurf is ever so happy to talk about it in the press too.

So we’ve gone from ,putting a bid in for Dennis, Waters coming then he’s not, Morais could be coming , or Miller, now they’re not, a non league player coming ,he’s not coming now. So everything down too Dodds now.....ffs ....everything was going great with the signings, hope we are not back to scraping the barrel.

Matt, when you are in a hole, stop digging.

This is a discussion board for all Port Vale fans with a wide variety of opinions. It's not life or death. It's primarily supposed to be a bit of fun. Don't get so wound up about things and think that you have to have the final say on everything. It doesn't matter.

I've got an old autograph book in which my 87 year old godmother wrote a message for me over 50 years ago, with her beautiful fountain pen in light blue ink from a bottle, in which she simply said, "Be kind to people." I've always liked that.

So we’ve gone from ,putting a bid in for Dennis, Waters coming then he’s not, Morais could be coming , or Miller, now they’re not, a non league player coming ,he’s not coming now. So everything down too Dodds now.....ffs ....everything was going great with the signings, hope we are not back to scraping the barrel.

Spot on.

We are tantalisingly close to having a competitive and top half of the table team (at least) if we could bring in a creative midfielder and a good striker to help out Pope. We appear to be within touching distance of doing so but then the trail runs cold.

It's the hope that kills you.

Theres a strange irony in all this alleged talk of Page wanting to get rid of the older players who he felt threatened by. Because whilst Page was supposedly saying all this in front of (I'm guessing) maybe the academy youth coaches like the Ede's, Glover (if he was still there then) or Sevvy Aslam too and not to mention a lad there on a temporary placement, that all the while in the background Smurf was actually plotting a cut to engineer Page out of the door too. Ruthless, just shows you can;t beat the Smurf at his own game.

Make sure you block out Doddsy's e-mail though, otherwise he's going to end up with some very moronic junk.

Thats ok hes on twitter and can still receive tweets and if he signs for us he can still be shouted at from 50 yards away from the safety of a stand surrounded by other fans :smile:

We are tantalisingly close to having a competitive and top half of the table team (at least) if we could bring in a creative midfielder and a good striker to help out Pope. We appear to be within touching distance of doing so but then the trail runs cold.

I think we are close too. But I fear its going to take more than this season to get us where we want to be.

Signing Dodds will really help season ticket sales before the end of the early bird prices next week.

Who would want to waste their money knowing that the best player we can sign is Louis Dodds.

There are far better players that are available who may have more sell on value.AJ Leitch Smith is still looking for a club and would be a far better prospect.He played 20 games in the Scottish Premier league end of last season.

Archived