onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

So in all but one season he scored 7 or less goals. No where near the standard 10 a season people were claiming. His final contribution and final season with us he score 4, since then in 4 years he’s managed just 12. So he’s really not a goalscorer at all. He’s had one good season in a decade and got 15. That’s not a player you go out of your way to sign to score goals
I think 10 and 12 are both above 7.

Advert

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here, but if a player is out of contract and the club doesn't want to keep him, wouldn't the obvious thing to do be not to offer him a contract?

Otherwise, Yates ended up calling his bluff.

If you are Smurf and think you are clever your think you can offer players a **** contract and they will leave and it looks like they left and you didn’t get rid of them. Birchall I think even came out and said as much. The right call though he needed up on the bench at Kidsgrove

You said you would be happy with 5 a season from him but he doesn't score that many consistently. So you are not happy with him?

I think he could do better and score more goals, however in last years team not many would, this year we have a stronger team already and I’d expect him and Pope to not be the only threat we carry in any form

If you are Smurf and think you are clever your think you can offer players a **** contract and they will leave and it looks like they left and you didn’t get rid of them. Birchall I think even came out and said as much. The right call though he needed up on the bench at Kidsgrove

The person who offered the contracts was Page. Smurthwaite claimed he deliberately gave Page a small budget to try and force the manager out of the club. We have a chairman who seems struggle to distinguish fact from fiction but he's not the only person with the same affliction.

Dodds deserves a bit of respect on here. He was decent at times when here.

Spot on, pal.

Dodds is in the top twenty of our all time appearances and goalscorers too, and does indeed deserve a bit of praise.

If we could sign him and a couple of forwards I'd be quite pleased.

The worry is that we keep hearing rumours about X, Y & Z, only to be told that they are not coming here and it's fallen through.

Aspin must be on page 4 by now and going down his list rapidly.

Spot on, pal.

Dodds is in the top twenty of our all time appearances and goalscorers too, and does indeed deserve a bit of praise.

If we could sign him and a couple of forwards I'd be quite pleased.

The worry is that we keep hearing rumours about X, Y & Z, only to be told that they are not coming here and it's fallen through.

Aspin must be on page 4 by now and going down his list rapidly.

Ermmmm try page 40.

Coming out of the woodwork now as usual, NS is a weapon and I’ve said it many times, as previously I’ve said he’s not the only person at fault in recent times. Brown wasted a good budget and some players put in half a job and collected full wages. There’s just an irrational hate campaign from fans because he’s loud, over bearing, easy not to like and prone to the odd porkie pie sometimes. However he’s not much different t from a lot of other ***** that run a large number of league clubs

This is what you fail to understand. Constantly.

It’s not irrational. It’s not because he is loud, it’s not because he is over bearing... it’s because he is just rubbish at being the owner. I would love a loud overbearing clown that made good decisions when it comes to Port vale! Norman doesn’t... his decisions are TERRIBLE!! It shows in his performance... look where we have ended up with him as our custodian! He has ONE HUNDRED PERCENT underperformed other owners!! He tried a foreign stable tactic to try and develop and sell on European players from the Norwegian 3rd division for goodness sake! We survived relegation from the league by 1 point!

Classic example... he has been handed 1.9m in receipts due to player sales. I’m not seeing a good enough percentage of that being reinvested ... which would be good for the club.

But yeah you are right mate... Dodds is a snake and should be booed! Fool

This is what you fail to understand. Constantly.

It’s not irrational. It’s not because he is loud, it’s not because he is over bearing... it’s because he is just rubbish at being the owner. I would love a loud overbearing clown that made good decisions when it comes to Port vale! Norman doesn’t... his decisions are TERRIBLE!! It shows in his performance... look where we have ended up with him as our custodian! He has ONE HUNDRED PERCENT underperformed other owners!! He tried a foreign stable tactic to try and develop and sell on European players from the Norwegian 3rd division for goodness sake! We survived relegation from the league by 1 point!

Classic example... he has been handed 1.9m in receipts due to player sales. I’m not seeing a good enough percentage of that being reinvested ... which would be good for the club.

But yeah you are right mate... Dodds is a snake and should be booed! Fool

He’s made terrible decisions I agree however to say he under performed 100% of other owners is ********. Whilst I agree the 1.9m player sales it his money, I’d love to see some more invested but we have no idea what is being reinvested the season is still 1.5 months away.

Archived