onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

I'll add my two penneth for what it is worth.

Firstly why are supporters privvy to private email involving Louis Dodds , Smurf or whoever ? Epitomises everything that has / is wrong at the club.

The Dodds issue. People saying he is the league one loan signing? He was released by Shrews so he is a Conference player . I used to be in the Dodds camp , same as I was in the JMW camp. I never got the ' he goes missing ' argument.

Surely the majority of lower league players regularly go missing or they would be higher up the food chain .

Dodds was a good servant and played his part in both good and bad times.

However that ship has sailed along with Chris Neal. We do not want him back now and surely need younger blood in the squad considering we have Kay who I like but are lumbered with Mr Browns boys who are here for a further year.

Were Dodds only on 300 quid a week I'd prefer it to go on extra wages for a decent signing.

Thanks Louis you always a player I liked but let's leave it in the past.

Finally Oswell, now I know next to nothing about the lad but we have Angus as a chancer. If the likes of Chester are sniffing around him and wrexham maybe he is nowhere near what we need ?

Angus is raw and Aspo took a chance, we can't Chuck money away on another chancer surely .

Rubbish plenty on here happy to have him back, a good few have spent every transfer window throwing his name in the hat since he left

“Wanting him back” does not, and never has equates to thinking he will bang in 20 goals and be the driving force to promotion.

He would be an ok squad player... squads need players.

I myself am not overwhelmed by the idea... You on the other side seem weirdly allergic to the bloke. You are not just disappointed (an emotion I would understand) but seem ready to give up on life. That’s what I’m objecting to.

You might want to just relax and get a bit of perspective. The sight of you red faced, leaning over the advertising hoarding angrily pointing and screaming vitriol at Doddsy as he warmed up would not be becoming my friend. And it would make you look a little bit of a numpty.

Apparently he has indicated to Chester he wants to go full time.

I saw this too... it was in the local paper in Chester. I guess you can always go back to being a physio in later life, but the chance to be a pro footballer doesn’t come along often!

Daniels and Rawlinson probably fall in to that bracket too.

The amount of teams in league 1 and the championship taking none league players is staggering... and yet when we do it, having avoide none league by 1 point they are called chancers.

Cardiff have recently signed Rawlinsons centre half partner from the V9 academy.

The amount of teams in league 1 and the championship taking none league players is staggering... and yet when we do it, having avoide none league by 1 point they are called chancers.

Cardiff have recently signed Rawlinsons centre half partner from the V9 academy.

Southgate says the academies are producing players more suited to technical football on the international arena. Sadly I think they are failing the majority as the old fashioned route was failed apprentices from further up drifted down to become lower league players. Its not equipping them to operate lower down and the money they get paid at a very young age gives them an over inflated sense of their own worth. The modern route seems to be academy to scrap heap, some then re-find themselves and start working their way back up the food chain after a dose of reality working in a warehouse and playing part-time football. Whitfield is a bit of a case in point as he clearly has talent and will be on a good wage at Bourmouth. Last season showed he clearly hasn't got what it takes to contribute over 46 games, despite his obvious talent and odd games he dominated. He's coming up towards 23 and for the position he plays should be entering his peak as small pacy players struggle to go on much past 30.

It's a question of limited resources and how much money you have isn't it?

Cardiff will have over £200m now they're in the top flight, plus a billionaire chairman and 25-30,000 gates. They can easily gamble on half a dozen non league players and it's a drop in the ocean.

We need to spend every penny wisely and can't afford to make mistakes and waste money. I tend to agree that in an ideal world we ought to be signing two proven strikers at league level and not go in for yet more chancers who may or may not come good. We hope the former, of course. But we must have 4-5 of these type of players in our squad already and really need a bit more proven quality now for me.

It concerns me a little bit because we began this thread months ago discussing possible targets who were proven at our level (like Dennis, Williams, Miller and Dagnall) and now we appear to be talking about loan players and non league players in the National League North. It doesn't reassure me.

I'll add my two penneth for what it is worth.

Firstly why are supporters privvy to private email involving Louis Dodds , Smurf or whoever ? Epitomises everything that has / is wrong at the club.

The Dodds issue. People saying he is the league one loan signing? He was released by Shrews so he is a Conference player . I used to be in the Dodds camp , same as I was in the JMW camp. I never got the ' he goes missing ' argument.

Surely the majority of lower league players regularly go missing or they would be higher up the food chain .

Dodds was a good servant and played his part in both good and bad times.

However that ship has sailed along with Chris Neal. We do not want him back now and surely need younger blood in the squad considering we have Kay who I like but are lumbered with Mr Browns boys who are here for a further year.

Were Dodds only on 300 quid a week I'd prefer it to go on extra wages for a decent signing.

Thanks Louis you always a player I liked but let's leave it in the past.

Finally Oswell, now I know next to nothing about the lad but we have Angus as a chancer. If the likes of Chester are sniffing around him and wrexham maybe he is nowhere near what we need ?

Angus is raw and Aspo took a chance, we can't Chuck money away on another chancer surely .

An excellent and well phrased post mate. Agree entirely.

Just sums up the plebs who post on here. 1 minute you’re only happy if we sign a top striker and only £100-150k is acceptable then next we are signing Louis Dodds on loan and it’s like Pele has decided to sign. Enjoy happy clapping away as he sits on the bench from December onwards. He’s a good servant though you know, who wants a decent player when you can have a decent servant eh?
Not at all Matt and I would prefer far better than Dodd's. My issue is the fact Aspin said he didn't want Dodds a few weeks ago as he had targets above him, however now it seems those targets won't come here and Aspin has no choice. Is that a case of Smurf refusing to sanction wages, but then as he normally does blame someone else when we sign crap.

Read the post about the reason he was let go, he and few others thought and acted like they ran the team undermined the manager and acted like rats in the background, in people ears. He is spineless in that every season wherever he plays when it gets down to knity gritty he’s on the bench because you can’t rely on him. He’s not a good servant to the the club at all, he’s literally stolen a living from us for 289 games, of which he’s played well in about 10-15 tops. Every year the sea lions clapping away about him resigning when he was delighted because our offer was the only one on the table most of the time unless he took a wage hit or dropped a league. I’d happily tell him he’s **** to his face anyway, I’ve told him on Twitter countless times and jeered him at games. Guys a joke and only thinks he can come back because of plebs like you happy clapping him

I'd rather you didn't support our club if you treat players like that. Might say it to your face, see how it feels.

That sounds like the story of Doddsie's life also. He is a number 10 just like Whitfield and that is where you see the best out of them both.

In our promotion season,many years ago,in Pope’s only prolific goal scoring season in his whole career,how many assists did Louis provide for Tom?I realise they are your love children but.....

Archived