onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

I was mulling over posting something similar, I definitely would have mentioned the goal at Fleetwood which I think both me and Mellor were stood roughly behind. Plenty of other moments like that as well, the Huddersfield comeback, Rotherham away on the Boxing day, the volley at Bradford, some great goals and some really good memories.

I also remember him giving his time when he was a Shrewsbury player to go and visit that terminally ill lad a couple of years ago. How many ex-players go out of their way to do that?

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he doesn't deserve some of the rubbish he gets.

That was over 5 years ago Santa,I haven’t seen him play anywhere near that standard since then.One good game in five does not warrant bringing him back.

Advert

Matt, I know you don't like Dodds but what you've written there is fiction. Dodds was not offered a low contract to force him out, he had the option of another year on the same wages and chose not to take it up. He emailed Norman to tell him this. The decision to leave was his and his alone. I have a copy of his email if you don't believe me.

I think he said,at the time,he wanted a new challenge.Looks like he wasn’t up to the challenge.

For me that’s the decider on a season ticket and that’s made my mind up. Pick my matches and spend my money if I can be arsed. If I’ve got pay money to watch players who will do the same then can’t expect more.

Dodds is a spineless little rat who goes missing when the hard work and battle kicks in. He was let go by page not to do with wages but because him and few other thought they ran the dressing room and undermined the manager. Aspin and Rudge really gone down in my estimations if this is true

And yet you won't have a bad word said about ************ running the club Matt. I'd say he is far more destructive than anything Dodds has ever done.

That was over 5 years ago Santa,I haven’t seen him play anywhere near that standard since then.One good game in five does not warrant bringing him back.

Neither does it warrant giving him dog's abuse.

That was my point. Some people don't like him as a player, fair enough, but there's no need to act like a **** about it.

Why use words like spineless little rat for an ex. Vale player? It’s disgusting he wasn’t my favourite but a good servant to the club who was rarely played just behind Pope as he should have been. Don’t go to matches if all you can give is diatribe you won’t be missed. Ok to be critical about his work rate on occasion but really it’s you that is SLR as I bet you wouldn’t say it to his face, another key board warrior without any manners!

Are we really that desperate that we need to sign a bench warmer from non league.

The people with rose coloured spectacles only remember the few good games played by Dodds not the many where he went missing and spent warming the bench.

Even Chesterfield were not desperate enough to play him when they were rock bottom.It would be a waste of a wage to sign Dodds when we should be signing players good enough to play in the first team not make up the numbers.

I will be disappointed if Aspin wastes money signing Dodds whose better days are over.Surely we need hungry youngsters not players stealing a wage and keeping young good players out of the squad. We still have enough geriatrics in the squad with Tonge,Kay and Pugh so why add to them.I wonder if Pope is pushing Aspin to sign him.

His other mate Lainton was a real disaster.

Ps I would quite happily tell him to his face if it comes to happen.

Some ridiculous comments based on an unsubstantiated rumour.

On a footballing side I've always been a little disappointed with Dodds, who despite his lack of pace had the potential to be more than a division 1 player. He's never been a centre forward and too slow to play wide right. His best games have been when he's had a free role in a midfield 3 just behind Pope. If Aspin wants to play 4 4 2 we shouldn't go there. If he's planning one of the variations of 3 in midfield he'll do ok in division 2.

Dodds is a spineless little rat

Matt, I was hoping for a better addition myself... but Norman won’t spend the money.

The stuff you are coming out with it making you look like a real ***. Just so you know.

Did Doddsy shag your lady? Pinch your lunch money or something... I’m not sure how old you are but based on these posts I would guess high school. If you are older I would be embarrassed to point it out if I were you.

He doesn’t usually get 8-10 it’s usually about 4-6. His record for us is about 1goal in 6games and he only makes about 25 apps per season. Shocking scoring record since he left us too. Embarrassing signing and another player to go missing for 3/4 of a season only to be raves about from the port vale sea lions happy clapping away. Playing lots of games doesn’t make you a player to be talked about warmly, playing well consistently does and he’s probably had less than 10 good games in 289 appearances. He’s should have been released when we went up let alone 2 season later

[ATTACH]328[/ATTACH]

Once again you are talking hogwash.2008-9 10 goal, 2009-10 7 goals, 2010-12 15 goal, 2012-13 7 goals and in his final season 2013-14 4 goals. So all in all far better than you are making it out to be.

Dodds aside... I said a while ago that Norman should be juss fed based on what he does with the £1.9m Hugil windfall (add another £250k for grant and Alnwick and £150k for the yourh player we sold).

The answer is that Norman has invested a sum total of not very much in signing a striker that we desperately need.

And yes some fool on here still won’t have a bad word said about him but call other sea lions and happy clappers because the lack of investment from norman means we are looking where we can afford not where we need.

Thought id pop on here for a read i c we havent signed a player since Smurf showed a interest in another clubs ground etc .

Sell up like MA said on six towns radio.

Shopping list has stopped i see .

Lack of funds ,looking for good players but can only afford the many average ones and Dodds is coming back a player who at times was excellent and other times you wouldnt know he is on the pitch .

Fixtures out in two days and i have never being so disinterested in them in me life .

If Aspin thinks Joyce Daniels Rawlinson Brown Oyeleke is enough when the contracted players should be nothing more than squad or bench warmers and only played in emergency bar Hannant Pope and Montano and Worrall then you who have committed to a season ticket have my sympathy .

NEW SEASON SAME PROBLEMS .

Remove ypurself Smurf and give the fans something look forwards to .

New owners ,new ideas and money put in the team so that folk want to go and watch them .

Shopping list my arse

Once again you are talking hogwash.2008-9 10 goal, 2009-10 7 goals, 2010-12 15 goal, 2012-13 7 goals and in his final season 2013-14 4 goals. So all in all far better than you are making it out to be.

How many did he score in 2017 2018 Shrewsbury league and cup 12 games zero goals.Chesterfield 12 games zero goals.No wonder Chesterfield are trying to off load him.

I would rather we signed AJ Leitch Smith who is a free agent looking for a club.

If we are looking at past history he is a far better bet than Dodds.

How many did he score in 2017 2018 Shrewsbury league and cup 12 games zero goals.Chesterfield 12 games zero goals.No wonder Chesterfield are trying to off load him.

I would rather we signed AJ Leitch Smith who is a free agent looking for a club.

If we are looking at past history he is a far better bet than Dodds.

Shrewsbury fans I know said that last season the manager changed their formation and wanted a more high energy game, so Dodds didn’t fit in to the system he wanted to play.

Archived