onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

No it doesn't.

We do NOT want Dodds back. When he spent his latter years with us he went missing more times than he played well. He deteriorated badly and at Shrewsbury he did nothing spectacular so they saw through him and let him go. Then at Chesterfield he proved AGAIN he's well past his sell by date. He is not going to improve us, he will be a seat warmer at best and if we do sign him, or take him on loan it just proves absolutely to me how desperate we are and how far down the drain we've gone......even to consider him is madness, it really is. There has to be hundreds of better players out there. Sorry to knock a previous average player of us, but come on folks surely we should be signing players far far better than him? He maybe a good "clubman" but we want younger, better prospects than him.

Anyone who wants a progressive Club and Team at Vale should be able to realise he is not the answer. Please Aspin spend the money on someone else.

He makes more sense as a loan than a permanent when we would be stuck with him for a longer time.

We know what hes capable of and also what hes not capable of. Last season we were crying out for someone with a bit of guile to pick out that one pass around the box, and we had no one to do it and we tried no end of players around Pope and behind him.

So who are the better players we can get out there? I've no doubt there must be someone, but one things for sure, if we are getting Dodds in then that means the players earmarked or scouted for that role either don't want to come or we just can't get them yet and so we're getting Dodds in just in case as cover.

Also I'd rather we took a chance on a player like Dodds on loan than the majority of last seasons unproven loan signings who were supposedly the answer to our creativity problems and weren't. Surely he's a better squad option than most of those lads if thats the standard of u21 player we can expect to get on loan?

Dodds will pretty much be an unplanned addition to the squad, good for dressing room moral & decent bench warmer & useful to bring on in games to change things if needed, for a few hundred quid in wages doubt we'd get much better. I'm pretty confident this will be a last minute addition as Dodds has the one been pushing for the move & had to do the negotiations with Chesterfield to part pay wages.

Dodds wanted to come here in Jan and supposedly even offered to take a big cut to do so. But Chesterfield nipped in whilst we dithered and signed him instead.

Advert

Louis Dodds coming in on loan
A far better option than some of the chancers that we have brought in over the last two years since he left. Louis Dodds has always been a Vale fan and as Our Tom has shown you get more effort from a lad who cares for the Club.

A far better option than some of the chancers that we have brought in over the last two years since he left. Louis Dodds has always been a Vale fan and as Our Tom has shown you get more effort from a lad who cares for the Club.

He’s not a vale fan.... that wouldn’t change anything regardless.

With around £850k from transfers, that money should have seen us become extremely competitive for the next 5+ years if it was spent on some good young players to form a core of the team.

Looking at players like Dodds, Kanu and Oswell shows we are going to have another season of struggle.

For me that’s the decider on a season ticket and that’s made my mind up. Pick my matches and spend my money if I can be arsed. If I’ve got pay money to watch players who will do the same then can’t expect more.

Dodds is a spineless little rat who goes missing when the hard work and battle kicks in. He was let go by page not to do with wages but because him and few other thought they ran the dressing room and undermined the manager. Aspin and Rudge really gone down in my estimations if this is true

I remember reading much of this nonsense 12 months ago by many of the same posters when we re-signed Tom Pope who was 'washed out' 'too slow''too old'. What happened Tom saved our bacon and proved to be our best player by a country mile as the Player of the year polls showed and many of you were left eating 'humble pie'. Obviously you like a good dish of this pie.

If the rumour is true you will see him weigh in with his usual 8-10 goals and setting Popey up for a few more as well. Then it will be more pie gents?

I thought he was a Wednesday fan
When you have been at a club for 8 years it is clear that you have an affinity with the Club. Yes he was brought up a Wednesday fan but since playing for us his heart is at the Vale. This he showed when he scored that cracker for the Shrews against us and he showed his class by not celebrating.

For me that’s the decider on a season ticket and that’s made my mind up. Pick my matches and spend my money if I can be arsed. If I’ve got pay money to watch players who will do the same then can’t expect more.

Dodds is a spineless little rat who goes missing when the hard work and battle kicks in. He was let go by page not to do with wages but because him and few other thought they ran the dressing room and undermined the manager. Aspin and Rudge really gone down in my estimations if this is true

You do realise page didn’t ‘let him go’? Page went before Dodds did

I remember reading much of this nonsense 12 months ago by many of the same posters when we re-signed Tom Pope who was 'washed out' 'too slow''too old'. What happened Tom saved our bacon and proved to be our best player by a country mile as the Player of the year polls showed and many of you were left eating 'humble pie'. Obviously you like a good dish of this pie.

If the rumour is true you will see him weigh in with his usual 8-10 goals and setting Popey up for a few more as well. Then it will be more pie gents?

He doesn’t usually get 8-10 it’s usually about 4-6. His record for us is about 1goal in 6games and he only makes about 25 apps per season. Shocking scoring record since he left us too. Embarrassing signing and another player to go missing for 3/4 of a season only to be raves about from the port vale sea lions happy clapping away. Playing lots of games doesn’t make you a player to be talked about warmly, playing well consistently does and he’s probably had less than 10 good games in 289 appearances. He’s should have been released when we went up let alone 2 season later

IMG_5992.JPG

Cant see Aspin allowing that, the loan would not last.

You do realise page didn’t ‘let him go’? Page went before Dodds did

The decision not to offer decent contracts to Dodds, Birchall and Yates to force them out was made months before Page left because Dodds, Pope, Birchall and a few others had barged into Pages office moaning on a Friday night because Yates had been dropped from the squad for the following day. Page spoke to Smurf and the plan was agreed to force them out by offering them a low contract and start a fresh the next year. Page said they wouldn’t be about next year and the owner wasn’t having it. Unfortunately Smurf decided the same plan could be used on page too

Archived