onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Looks like Waters deal has fallen through and Aspo is looking elsewhere. Would have fitted in with our style of play nicely, and proven goalscorer, so big disappointment. Looks like L1 loan and maybe Oswell from national league. Let’s hope Aspo strikes lucky because, Popey apart, we have very few goals in the side. Fingers crossed.

Those Bury lads would improve the squad for sure. Can't see us signing Tutte though as we're overloaded for centre mids right now.

Ismail would be a good signing as we are desperate for some more creativity.

If it is Kanu and Oswell then we will be in for another struggle this season as they aren't the answer to our goalscoring problems. Very worrying.

All that said not sure I believe a lot of what smurf says in these interviews, he said we weren't in for Aspin as manager 2 or 3 days before he was unveiled!

Exactly clubs talk pish on purpose very often. No point telling the world what we are upto

I’d be happy with Oswell but not Kanu. We can’t go into the season with no other proven player at this level again. Surely?

If you read the forum here peoples thoughts on proven players are a myth anyway.

Waters not proven at all- OVF forum is happy

Morais- not played much at this or any level- OVF forum is happy

Miller- bad record above the conference- OVF 50\50

Anyone else barring league 1 top scorers though is unproven.....

There are little to no proven goal scorers unless you buy a settled L2 strikers and let’s be honest I you want to do that it’s going to cost 200k plus to do that. Which we don’t have

If you read the forum here peoples thoughts on proven players are a myth anyway.

Waters not proven at all- OVF forum is happy

Morais- not played much at this or any level- OVF forum is happy

Miller- bad record above the conference- OVF 50\50

Anyone else barring league 1 top scorers though is unproven.....

There are little to no proven goal scorers unless you buy a settled L2 strikers and let’s be honest I you want to do that it’s going to cost 200k plus to do that. Which we don’t have

I guess you would prefer the likes of Kanu(and i dont mean the ex Arsenal one) to those unproven you have listed??

Then again you still believe smurf was going splash the cash on Dennis

Pope came 9th in the goal scorers list last season.

Of those above him 5 are now in League one, Eisa and Doidge would cost a fortune and Dennis has already joined Notts County.

Not sure the criteria of a proven scorer but as MattHoll rightly says Waters is no goal machine.

Lets keep our powder dry until someone signs on the dotted line, speculation leads to disappointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

Pope came 9th in the goal scorers list last season.

Of those above him 5 are now in League one, Eisa and Doidge would cost a fortune and Dennis has already joined Notts County.

Not sure the criteria of a proven scorer but as MattHoll rightly says Waters is no goal machine.

Lets keep our powder dry until someone signs on the dotted line, speculation leads to disappointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

Very true and out of those how many of them would have been described as proven before last season. Certainly Eisa and Doidge had no league goalscoring record to speak of until the season just finished. Eisa in particular came from a pretty low level of football prior to joining Cheltenham so was a gamble that has come off well for them.

I guess you would prefer the likes of Kanu(and i dont mean the ex Arsenal one) to those unproven you have listed??

Then again you still believe smurf was going splash the cash on Dennis

I’d would prefer what Aspin is happy with (barring Miller). The thing is it’s like the emperors new clothes on here, one person mentions a player and all of a sudden it’s gospel that these are proven league 2 players with bags of experience and creativity etc... Waters, Morais, Miller and most of the other players lauded about as examples of what we should be signing are in fact quite the opposite of what they are suggested to be. Let’s let Aspin choose who he wants without the proven this that and the other tag being required. A lot of last years scorers hadn’t come from major scoring backgrounds- Eisa, Jackson, Doidge, Newton etc have all had pretty moderate scoring records till last year. Fans forget we have a forward who has consistently scored goals for the last 5-6 seasons in Pope. In this league there’s very little better.

I’d question whether we need a proven goal scorer given we have one of if not the best in the league. What we need is another striker to get 10-12, an off the bench striker to score 6-7 and 3 midfield players to get 5-7 each. Looks like Aspin has gone for a Winger in Daniels who can do that, went for Hannant last year who will get 5 this coming year, we have Worrall who will get 5-7 this coming year and we need the two strikers...lets let Aspin take his time and get the people he wants rather than banding this proven striker tag around.

I’d be delighted with Waters, Morais or Hopper but they aren’t as integral as the players we’ve already gone in for and signed. If we had Pope and two lads unknown I’d be happy with that knowing the squad is already far better now than last year.

Archived