onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

If you read the forum here peoples thoughts on proven players are a myth anyway.

Waters not proven at all- OVF forum is happy

Morais- not played much at this or any level- OVF forum is happy

Miller- bad record above the conference- OVF 50\50

Anyone else barring league 1 top scorers though is unproven.....

There are little to no proven goal scorers unless you buy a settled L2 strikers and let’s be honest I you want to do that it’s going to cost 200k plus to do that. Which we don’t have

We have the cash, but the owner has put it in his arrsse pocket.

Come off it. All our squad from last season bar the obvious exceptions would be lucky to even be non league bench warmers. They would be lucky to play in a job Centre plus, dole boys XI.

Why add another player of the same standard in Dodds then? Let’s not forget he struggled to get a place in a team even worse than ours....then relegated, Dennis had an outstanding season and did everything he could to keep them up. Dodds once more did very little end quickly ended up on the bench which is the story of his career to date under multiple managers

We have the cash, but the owner has put it in his arrsse pocket.

Even the daftest vale fan surely can’t justify us throwing money about? We’ve seen first hand many sides nearly end up in admin doing it (Bury,Notts County,etc ...) and look at the likes of Chesterfield who spent big and went down anyway. As I’ve previously mentioned it’s not just the cost of the transfer it’s the wages required across the squad too. It’s a huge huge gamble and one which would be unlikely to do more than push us into the top 10 in the league and pit the club wage budget way over what it comfortable should be if anything was to go wrong.

Billy Waters - one of the best goal poacher in the lower leagues, quick feet and a really accurate shot. This is why Aspo, who knows a thing or two about forwards, wanted to sign him:

Can you imagine that in and around the box with Popey?

His stats tell the story of a forward played too often on the wing (like his time at Northampton when he was pushed out there after JFH, who signed him, got sacked).

Unfortunately, a big miss for us.

One of the best goal poachers in the lower leagues based on what exactly? Is record is 1 in 6? Goal poachers score 1 in 2/3 games. Waters is an average midfielder similar to Dodds, not a forward, not a winger and not a CM. Chips about 8 goad in a year and contributes little else. Let not make out like we’ve missed out on Neymar he’s not even at The level we need according to the requirements of a proven goal scorer on here

All this talk of new midfielders and forwards coming is turning in to a jumble of names to me. Are some of these midifelders we're linked to classed as forwards? (like Daniels who we bought in for example).

If you look at centre mid where we have Pugh, Tonge, Kay, Joyce and Oyeleke then it seems like we need someone who can get goals from there.

Could do with someone putting together an up to date squad list and their positions and also the positions they can cover too.

Vale will be paying all of Pope's wages from next season won't they?

I was under the impression Bury were still contributing last year because he still had a year to run on his contract when they settled it.

Bury were still paying him money as he had time left on his contract, but surely thats a separate deal to his Vale contract?

One of the best goal poachers in the lower leagues based on what exactly? Is record is 1 in 6? Goal poachers score 1 in 2/3 games. Waters is an average midfielder similar to Dodds, not a forward, not a winger and not a CM. Chips about 8 goad in a year and contributes little else. Let not make out like we’ve missed out on Neymar he’s not even at The level we need according to the requirements of a proven goal scorer on here
Tbf as primarily an attacking mid/winger Waters record is pretty good certainly from his Cheltenham spell. I agree if played as an and out forward it's nothing to get excited about ala Dodds. Personally I was a fan of Dodds good servant to the club who scored some nice goals however I think he was one of those players who suffered from not having a best position if you get what I mean(was he a forward or a midfielder?) and hence the position where he was best suited didn't fit in with the formation very often, but I think Dodds should stay in the past I wouldn't want him back.

Archived