onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Matt, I know you don't like Dodds but what you've written there is fiction. Dodds was not offered a low contract to force him out, he had the option of another year on the same wages and chose not to take it up. He emailed Norman to tell him this. The decision to leave was his and his alone. I have a copy of his email if you don't believe me.

Sorry Jean you are 100% wrong. I sat in the room in the academy building and listened to Page outline his aim after a chat with the chairman and how ‘they’ were all going at the end of the season and getting offered nothing. He said that 4-5 players thought they ran the team and he wasn’t having it. What Dodds or anyone one else is saying after the event is irrelevant, page and the club wanted him, Birchall, Yates, Duffy and maybe even Pope gone. Low and behold off they went. This convo was probably jan/Feb time.

How many did he score in 2017 2018 Shrewsbury league and cup 12 games zero goals.Chesterfield 12 games zero goals.No wonder Chesterfield are trying to off load him.

I would rather we signed AJ Leitch Smith who is a free agent looking for a club.

If we are looking at past history he is a far better bet than Dodds.

Yeah exactly you’ve just been relegated and need to scrap to come back up. The last thing you need is some light weight fairy who will turn up once in 6 games when you actually play a side that’s not that physical.

Once again you are talking hogwash.2008-9 10 goal, 2009-10 7 goals, 2010-12 15 goal, 2012-13 7 goals and in his final season 2013-14 4 goals. So all in all far better than you are making it out to be.

So in all but one season he scored 7 or less goals. No where near the standard 10 a season people were claiming. His final contribution and final season with us he score 4, since then in 4 years he’s managed just 12. So he’s really not a goalscorer at all. He’s had one good season in a decade and got 15. That’s not a player you go out of your way to sign to score goals

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here, but if a player is out of contract and the club doesn't want to keep him, wouldn't the obvious thing to do be not to offer him a contract?

Otherwise, Yates ended up calling his bluff.

Yates didn't go though he was still at the club as a player until this season. It was actually Page who offered him a new deal in he ridiculous retained list. Dodds was offered a new deal too he just chose to go to Shrewsbury instead. Pope left before Page's last season too, as he was at Bury for 2 seasons.

So none of that makes sense.

Hannant looks quite good,just my opinion.I’d play Hannant and Worrall centre mid.No need for Dudds.

Centre midfield will be Joyce + one other. I can’t see those 2 being centre mids.

Read the post about the reason he was let go, he and few others thought and acted like they ran the team undermined the manager and acted like rats in the background, in people ears.

If that’s the kind of thing that gets you upset about what goes on behind the scenes at a football club then football isn’t the place for you. Cliques, senior players running the dressing room and far worse goes on and indeed has gone at our club since then. That kind of stuff will continue to happen too. The thing is most fans don’t get to see it or hear about it.

September, beginning of the season, Rotherham 6-2, Fleetwood 5-1, just when everyone started to believe. Dodds was key in both games, and scored one of the best Vale goals I’ve seen at Fleetwood.

Also, the only reason we’re signing this “spineless little rat” is because Norman won’t pay the going rate for any other strikers that Aspin has wanted. But we’ll ignore that, eh?

NS hasn’t signed him Aspin has, Aspins choice how to spend his budget. Sure there’s plenty of distinctly average players about for less

And yet you won't have a bad word said about ************ running the club Matt. I'd say he is far more destructive than anything Dodds has ever done.

Don’t talk total ****, why won’t I have a bad word said about him? The guys an ass but he’s not the only person culpable for the current plight.

Dodds aside... I said a while ago that Norman should be juss fed based on what he does with the £1.9m Hugil windfall (add another £250k for grant and Alnwick and £150k for the yourh player we sold).

The answer is that Norman has invested a sum total of not very much in signing a striker that we desperately need.

And yes some fool on here still won’t have a bad word said about him but call other sea lions and happy clappers because the lack of investment from norman means we are looking where we can afford not where we need.

Coming out of the woodwork now as usual, NS is a weapon and I’ve said it many times, as previously I’ve said he’s not the only person at fault in recent times. Brown wasted a good budget and some players put in half a job and collected full wages. There’s just an irrational hate campaign from fans because he’s loud, over bearing, easy not to like and prone to the odd porkie pie sometimes. However he’s not much different t from a lot of other ***** that run a large number of league clubs. Just as usual vale fans think they’ve got it worse than anyone else

So Norman saying afterwards that he didn't want Dodds to leave was irrelevant.

Yes he was lying to cover his tracks as he has a habit of. The fall out of Dodds, Pope, Duffy, Birchall, Yates etc all leaving blew up in his face with fans moaning.

Archived