onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Sorry Jean you are 100% wrong. I sat in the room in the academy building and listened to Page outline his aim after a chat with the chairman and how ‘they’ were all going at the end of the season and getting offered nothing. He said that 4-5 players thought they ran the team and he wasn’t having it. What Dodds or anyone one else is saying after the event is irrelevant, page and the club wanted him, Birchall, Yates, Duffy and maybe even Pope gone. Low and behold off they went. This convo was probably jan/Feb time.

So are you saying Dodds did not have the option of another year on the same money? Are you saying that the email he sent to Norman declining to take up that option is a figment of my imagination? If so, I have to say you are completely wrong.

Also, you say this conversation said they even wanted Pope gone?? And this conversation took place six months before Dodds and Co left? Very surprising in view of the fact that Pope had left the previous summer and wasn't even at Vale at the time.

Advert

He’s made terrible decisions I agree however to say he under performed 100% of other owners is ********.

I didn’t say he had performed worse that 100% of owners... I said he had 100% underperformed when compared to them as a group.

But now you mention it... There are 92 league clubs... name me 9 league chairmen (that’s 10%) who were in place when Norman joined that have performed worse.

Whilst I agree the 1.9m player sales it his money, I’d love to see some more invested but we have no idea what is being reinvested the season is still 1.5 months away.

From the stories of us not being able to match what people want to be paid... I think we both know that the absolute bare minimum is being reinvested.

For Norman to score a ‘level par’ this summer he needs to take a decent chunk of the £1.9m and the Alnwick and grant money and reinvest it in signing on fees and wages of a goal scorer to get us back to where we caused us to fall from with his frankly pathetic decisions.

Shrewsbury fans I know said that last season the manager changed their formation and wanted a more high energy game, so Dodds didn’t fit in to the system he wanted to play.

So what you are saying is that if Vale try to play a high energy game Dodds will be back to his usual bench warmer slot.Seems a no brainier that Aspin is so desperate for players that he is even considering Dodds.

All these happy clappers saying he was a loyal servant don’t realise he was stealing a wage and should not have been offered a contract as well as Yates by Page.

We can’t turn the clock back 8 to 10 years ago when he might have been useful.Even Chesterfield don’t seem to appreciate his talents for the Conference league.

Get over it there a far better younger players available who have more to offer.

It my money and my right to express my opinion. I won’t tolerate someone putting half arsed effort in and shirking if my paying my money to watch. Genuinely like the rest of the additions to the squad but bringing in a washed up ex player purely

Because he’s being pushing for it himself for over 6 months is a joke, this isn’t NS fault or anyone else other than Aspins and I thought he was stronger than basically giving in to a pest

Calm down ode. Is it your time of the month or something? I think we all can see Dodds isn’t your favorite player but you’re coming across like you actually want to smack him in the chops.

Personally, I quite liked Dodds when he was here. I’d have him back, let’s be honest, I’m not sure who we can attract that would be significantly better than him.

I think its been said before these are rumours not fact its only fact when proved calm down Aspin and Sir Rudgie know what they are doing and we haven't got 1.9 million yet all of the transfers are in instalment ffs

Nice to see us spend the 250k Alnwick and Grant money and the 600k we've made so far from Hugill. We have a top 10 attendance in a year we almost go extinct.

We should be absolutely minted for this league and instead we can't sign a striker for the life of us. I wonder why?

So what you are saying is that if Vale try to play a high energy game Dodds will be back to his usual bench warmer slot.Seems a no brainier that Aspin is so desperate for players that he is even considering Dodds.

All these happy clappers saying he was a loyal servant don’t realise he was stealing a wage and should not have been offered a contract as well as Yates by Page.

We can’t turn the clock back 8 to 10 years ago when he might have been useful.Even Chesterfield don’t seem to appreciate his talents for the Conference league.

Get over it there a far better younger players available who have more to offer.

Horses for courses isn’t it. We all know he isnt a player who will play a high tempo game where he’s up and down all game. The Shrewsbury fans I know acknowledged this and realise that’s why he left. I’m sure Aspin and Rudge know that too. But personally I think he offers something different and I think he has some qualities that we need in his link up play and cleverness on the ball. We even saw it again in glimpses in the last 2 games down here when he scored and got an assist I think. Keeping him involved in a game is key and I trust that Aspin and Rudge wouldn’t bring him in if they didn’t think they could do that. It’s a different option to our play which is something we were lacking last season. If it’s true and it’s only a loan and he doesn’t work out then he’s off and it’s no great loss to us. Of course there are probably better players out there, I couldn’t name any but if he does come then it either says we haven’t managed to get our targets or Aspin thinks he can offer something different to what we currently have. I think it’s a better loan option than taking a chance on an unproven u21 player from a league above us.

Dodds would of contributed more than Whitfield in terms of goals & assists if he had been playing in last seasons team
Dodds or Whitfield....No brainer. Whitfield is a far better player with more speed, energy and youth on his side. If he would have continued to play just behind Pope last season as opposed to being pushed out wide when Hannant arrived I think he would have been far more successful. Even on his bad games he was still better than 3/4 of the other players.

So are you saying Dodds did not have the option of another year on the same money? Are you saying that the email he sent to Norman declining to take up that option is a figment of my imagination? If so, I have to say you are completely wrong.

Also, you say this conversation said they even wanted Pope gone?? And this conversation took place six months before Dodds and Co left? Very surprising in view of the fact that Pope had left the previous summer and wasn't even at Vale at the time.

Can’t remember who was mentioned specifically other than Dodds and Birchall. Timing obviously wrong for Pope but conversation definitely took place.

Dodds or Whitfield.. If he would have continued to play just behind Pope last season as opposed to being pushed out wide
That sounds like the story of Doddsie's life also. He is a number 10 just like Whitfield and that is where you see the best out of them both.

Archived