onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

I'm pleased with the business Aspin has done so far, but I'm sure this time last year we were also chuffed with some of the business that Brown did in the signings of Pope, Kay, Barnett, Montano & Wilson. All proven players too.

Aspin hasn't got it easy given our awful last 2 seasons and I'm sure this is why we're reaching players like Dodds on the list. Despite what fans may think we may not be that attractive a proposition.

Advert

We need players who can play in the first team not squad players to make up the numbers.Dodds would be a waste of the budget which could be used towards signing a better player.

I agree... the difference is I don’t think Dodds is the last person we will sign.

Also by your logic we should only have 11 players as we only want first teamers?!!!

News flash... we can spend big on all the players... some will have to be squad players. If you don’t understand that then I can’t help you.

Twaddle- Aspin has signed some good players in brown, Legge and Hannant and also some potential in the lad of TNS and aldershot. brown brought in players who were spent forces and his mates. Completely different and highlight nothing. The time to worry about scraping the barrel is 4th August not now. Dodds is beyond all that and stinks of someone wanting to rekindle old glories, wouldn’t put it past pope to be pushing for a reunion with his old pal. If so pretty disappointing rudge and Aspin can be pursuaded given Aspin said no a few months backs.

I'm no fan of Brown, by the way, but even he brought in one or two decent players (many more bad ones).

Aspin too has made some bad signings in the short time he's been here. Partly because he, like Brown, has been frustrated in the transfer market and the players at the top of his list simply will not come. In particular, quality strikers/forward players who command a premium and who, not coincidentally, we've failed to recruit properly for years.

And that's the nub. It's 'Baldrick' Brown's fault, it's Bruno's fault, it's even Colin Garlick's fault if anybody listens to you. Anything to deflect any criticism away from our glorious leader who's been the root cause of this problem. Now it looks like we're signing Dodds, you blow a fuse but in no particular direction.

Well, these are the markets we're having to compete in these days.

Wow. You seem to have some real built up anger issues. I’m saying this genuinely... you should try and sort that out and speak to someone. It’s not good for you.

There’s no built up anger at all, I just don’t hold back with unrequited niceties for people who I deem not to require them. You all sit and bow down to jean like some form of village elder to laud for no reason. I don’t and see no reason to for obvious reasons.

There’s no built up anger at all, I just don’t hold back with unrequited niceties for people who I deem not to require them. You all sit and bow down to jean like some form of village elder to laud for no reason. I don’t and see no reason to for obvious reasons.

I agree entirely, Matt. An apology for calling me a liar wouldn't go amiss though.

No possibility he maybe be making the best of a bad situation? Easily possible he had no offer at all and or a low one and wanted to make out he was leaving of his own accord? Anyone can resign when faced with the inevitable and this could easily be the same?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's the operative term - 'at times'. Went missing far too often for my liking. No thanks.

That's why I used the term "at times". If he had been on it consistently every game he would have got a move to a bigger club on more money. I was surprised he left as he can't have been far off a money spinning testimonial.

I'm on the fence about his potential possible return.

You kept banging on about "Baldrick" Brown but guess what? Aspin is having exactly the same problems getting players through the door.

It's remarkable really, the amount of culpable staff who've passed through the football club. If only there was a common denominator who's been here all the while?

Exactly where would we be if we had stuck with Baldrick Brown we would be watching Conference football next season and be signing geriatrics like Dodds to play for us.

Also Brown was responsible for giving 2 year deals to rubbish like Davis,Barnet and Lainton who we are stuck with for another season.His legacy remains to limit us signing better players.I still think the happy clappers are hoping for a Dodds return but Aspin says no.

1. Yes, Brown was rubbish

2. He didn't appoint himself

3. The same mistakes were being made before he was manager and continue to be made afterwards.

4. There's a control variable in all of this.

5. You still kept banging on about him on here long after he left.

No in my honest opinion no. He emailed to say he was leaving. To me that simply indicates he wanted to leave (and wasn't pushed out). But I'm no mind reader so all I can go on is what I saw he wrote.

EDIT: I have just re-read. According to what I have seen, he wasn't offered reduced terms and so he wasn't forced out with a reduced offer / no offer. He was offered the same deal for another year and simply turned it down.

So basically he left for a better deal?

Good point. I have actually forwarded them to Rob so that he can confirm their existence.

Isn’t it all very amateurish when the owner of a football club is sending emails out to fans about player contracts?

Only at the vale this would happen.

Why does he keep emailing you all this information Jean?

1. Yes, Brown was rubbish

2. He didn't appoint himself

3. The same mistakes were being made before he was manager and continue to be made afterwards.

4. There's a control variable in all of this.

5. You still kept banging on about him on here long after he left.

No wonder he still hangs over us with his legacy and some people wanted to give him until Christmas to turn it round.At least our glorious leader made one correct decision to dismiss him or we would have been in the sh@t.

Isn’t it all very amateurish when the owner of a football club is sending emails out to fans about player contracts?

Only at the vale this would happen.

Why does he keep emailing you all this information Jean?

I have no idea. I haven't heard from him for a while though!!

Archived