onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

All we ask is a 100% committed performance with endeavour and effort.

Be plenty of errors as they are League 1 players but we can forgive that, lack of effort we can't forgive.

I'm still smarting from the sacking and accusations the players downed tools. 

Those who did i want out of our club. Because they should be trying wholly for 46 games not just when it suits them.

I'll take a point. See how many times i can sneak a look at my phone at the wedding i'm attending in Wilmslow but it will be horrible because you don't get a true feel for what's going on by peeking at a phone.

1-1 . 

Advert

4 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Anyway back to tomorrow .
High pressure game personally don't think it be fair to play young James Plant from the start yes he was very good away at Ipswich doing a spoiling role but tomorrow we need be on the front foot from minute 1 and get the fans behind the team .
I have no expectation personally but I will be encouraging that I promise .
No idea who we should go for up front as no one seems to be shining but then if not getting quality of ball right to them what are they supposed do .
No idea if season ticket holders going turn up tomoz or not .
Think the crowd be about 6500 odd with about 1000 Bristol .
People will probably have a go at them who choose to not attend but they got there reasons and there's only so much you can put up with especially if every sat night is becoming a night where the fans reflect angrily .
Hoping for a good outcome tomoz hope Bristol ain't on the beach and we earn a positive result not be given one
I'd try Benning cutting in on the right in like a Mo salah role for Vale .
There's been little to no imagination in our play its been same old week after week .
It's time to work on imaginative ways to score goals.
Do things quicker also by the time Smith passes to anyone the whole opposition teams set if everything done quicker who knows they may be a goal
UTV

Like Bennington as a player and will always defend him. BUT he is no Mo Salah. Can you imagine what would happen when BR attack down that flank?. As a very left footed player he would be well exposed with the obvious consequences, resulting in the usual crucifixion from the railway.

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Railway Stand gone grey.....

Olly, don’t read too much into that. I purchased my ticket for the game on Monday at the ticket shop. I wanted one in the RP and for some reason the ticket wouldn’t print, so I chose an alternative seat. The lad in the shop told me that someone had just purchased my original choice of seat, whilst I was in the shop. I have no problem with not being able to get my original choice of seat. I checked when I got home and have just checked having read your post. The seat I now have went from green to grey straight away. My original choice of seat is still green.

The two unknown knowns for Saturday: Barton and the Ref.

Even though the game has no significance for Rovers, I'm sure Barton will still have a special plan for us in order to frustrate and generally disrupt our play. It was interesting talking to the Pompey fans in their fan zone a few weeks ago when they recounted their recent visit to the Memorial stadium. Unhinged is the phrase that sticks in my mind, though bizarrely it seems to work for them.

And who can say after Accrington at home and Lincoln away how we will face at the hands of the ref? Just hoping that we get someone sensible!

Big game this - just hope we get right behind the lads, whatever happens.

8 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

The two unknown knowns for Saturday: Barton and the Ref.

Even though the game has no significance for Rovers, I'm sure Barton will still have a special plan for us in order to frustrate and generally disrupt our play. It was interesting talking to the Pompey fans in their fan zone a few weeks ago when they recounted their recent visit to the Memorial stadium. Unhinged is the phrase that sticks in my mind, though bizarrely it seems to work for them.

And who can say after Accrington at home and Lincoln away how we will face at the hands of the ref? Just hoping that we get someone sensible!

Big game this - just hope we get right behind the lads, whatever happens.

Sunny Singh Gill is the ref. Probably the best ref we've had this season. 

48 minutes ago, Powerline said:

500 quid is a ridiculous fine, doubt he’s on that high a wage. Where’s the fine for the clown in charge who could’ve relegated us?

Ridiculous. Yes punishment but a match ban? Who tends to the injured players? What about the ridiculous decisions about red cards recently which arguably cost DC his job. Typical protect themselves but punish everyone else. You only have to look at that linesman who gave it back to Robertson with an elbow. 

Archived