onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

48 minutes ago, Warren said:

The main issue I have with Bristol Rovers is the away toilets. There were not enough and they were temporary. When they ran out of water and power etc. they were grossly insanitary. 

adjective
  1. so dirty or germ-ridden as to be a danger to health

were quoting toilets????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????😁

Advert

We played well at your place last season.Will be bringing quite a few so PLEASE don't put that awful netting over half the seats in the away end.

Lived locally to you for many years so will be great to return and get some oatcakes!!

Friend of mine is Ian Elsby who played for you guys for a while.Hope we play Gibbons as know you rated him highly but not had much of a look in sadly for us.l

Will be great to return on Sat to Staffordshire.Disappointing season in many ways for us both having gone up  but best wishes Valiants

o

17 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

I watched that game I know goals change games but Wilson missed the ball when it was easier score and we started game very well .
Bristol Rovers been the decent side they are eventually got to grips with the game but if I recall scored with there only attempt on target so I do not buy the outplayed bit .
It was a scrappy game once we missed enough chances win it first 15 .
There goal was well taken in fairness

Bristol Rovers.PNG

18 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

We get the lesser fine yet had the red card in the incident...

I'm sure the red wasn't for the initial incident. It was their players charging over, screaming and pushing that made Ojo headbutt Clarke. They probably took the red into account,  as that has already been sanctioned. The ref should probably have yellowed a couple of their players.

We definitely need to get more to grips in midfield. Obviously defend better and take chances up front. I think this is a very winnable game when the team is all at it. 

So we need to improve in defence, midfield, and attack. Not much required then!

I stand corrected .
Folk saying biggest game since play off final or Wembley .
Let's be honest we have not played any game like we did in play off final this season.
There hasn't been the intensity ,the workrate, the desire to win ,and you want folk come watch you (this is aimed at the players no one else once they cross that white line it's up to them get the punters coming not the fans on social media )
They are the sales people of the Vale not Greg who supported the club for 60 years .
There the ones who sell the season tickets I don't go cause the Robbie Williams suites beautiful I couldn't give a flying f--k about that nonsense I come see a team play with pride in the shirt.
This season since NYD I've left the games early twice v Wycombe and Peterboro where in my opinion they weren't even good sides and scored from there only attempts on target which really p-sses me off .
Whatever the crowd be grateful players anyone wants watch you .
Leave Greg out of it.

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

I watched that game I know goals change games but Wilson missed the ball when it was easier score and we started game very well .
Bristol Rovers been the decent side they are eventually got to grips with the game but if I recall scored with there only attempt on target so I do not buy the outplayed bit .
It was a scrappy game once we missed enough chances win it first 15 .
There goal was well taken in fairness

The Bristol keeper made a magnificent save early on. I was right behind the goal and it was fingertip. I just don't know why we died from a dominant start. 

I do remember thinking that they played the ball round slowly at the back. I could not understand why we didn't pressure that. 

Archived