onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

I hope everyone supports until the end today even if we go a goal or 2 down.

The players need our support in a crucial match which could determine the league/budget/ quality of players next season.

Singing negative songs about Flickers or booing the players or shouting they are <ovf censored> will not help!!

Today is our cup/playoff final We need to treat it that way. Be loud and proud in a supportive way.

14 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Stone

Forrester Smith Donnelly

Worrall Pett Conlon Benning

Plant

Harrison Wilson

Plant was excellent on Tuesday but I think it’s a big ask for a kid to play 2 games in a week with such high intensity. I’d have him on the bench today with Butterworth in 10 role.

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

Plant was excellent on Tuesday but I think it’s a big ask for a kid to play 2 games in a week with such high intensity. I’d have him on the bench today with Butterworth in 10 role.

If he could handle a game away at the league leaders having only had a day's notice, I back him today. He didn't look phased.

We need legs in midfield with Garrity's absence. Someone to cover ground and carry the ball.

5 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

If he could handle a game away at the league leaders having only had a day's notice, I back him today. He didn't look phased.

We need legs in midfield with Garrity's absence. Someone to cover ground and carry the ball.

Agree, it’s the younger ones who should be more able to play 2 games in a week than the older ones.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Agree, it’s the younger ones who should be more able to play 2 games in a week than the older ones.

It’s not about fitness it’s about their mentality and experience in big high pressure games (which today is). I think more often than not managers fall back on the more senior pros at times like this. 

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Biggest game of the season, on a par with Wembley last May. I'd take 1 - 0 and playing awful football. If we get a point today I'd fancy at least a draw at Charlton. Need to have the right measure of control and aggression. All the teams who can catch us have tricky matches, except MK Dons at Fleetwood.  We can't be going into the last game of the season with a mathematical chance of going down. All the teams around us will be playing lower teams, some of whom are in the bottom 3 and should be relegated by then. We have Plymouth, who may well need to win to go up as champions. Massive day in the history of the club. Also one which may be quickly forgotten if we win today and at Charlton; as most of us would have taken 52 points and a 5 or 6 point cushion to relegation in August. The manager needs to take the pressure off the players and more than ever the fans need to give 100% support for 90 minutes. Up the Vale!

Funny you say that I woke up thinking about the game and feeling nervous about it, just as much as the Wembley one. I’d take a point today. 

Capacity farce needs sorting.
I have someone who fancies coming with me today but as of 10:30 the Railway Stand is sold out.
I wouldn't have an issue if it was full but it'll be half empty. Put some toilets in ffs.
Room in the Hamil next season.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:
4 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:
Capacity farce needs sorting.
I have someone who fancies coming with me today but as of 10:30 the Railway Stand is sold out.
I wouldn't have an issue if it was full but it'll be half empty. Put some toilets in ffs.

Room in the Hamil next season.

Yes but I sit in the Railway and this person is coming with me, otherwise they wouldn't bother.

A sold out main stand with every other seat empty. Only at Vale. 

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Sorry but I think that's ridiculous. 

How has the physio cost us points?

Because his conduct effectively got Conlon sent off instead. There is no need or reason for a physio to get involved in aggro that influences decisions on the pitch, right or wrong. 

20 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Agree with your logic  why he should play and he’s already shown a good mentality so no issues there. I would be concerned about muscle fatigue for a young lad covering that sort of ground again in a short space of time. 
History also tells you ,generally speaking , young lads starting 1st team football find it difficult to put performances back to back in a short space of time. 

Would be great if Plant could be the exception.

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Because his conduct effectively got Conlon sent off instead. There is no need or reason for a physio to get involved in aggro that influences decisions on the pitch, right or wrong. 

Conlon would have already been sent off - otherwise he wouldnt have been "overexcited"

Im probs in the minority here, but its ok for passionate fans to been out of our seats screaming, but official staff cant???????? its an emotional game

12 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sorry mate that’s utter rubbish.  He was was fined for something he said after the game in the tunnel. The statement from the fa clearly says that. 

Archived