onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

Hopefully, now the players are actually trying again we may get the 3 points we need.  

Yes we lost to Ipswich, but you could see why they are pushing for automatic promotion slot.  They had to class, but we still held our own and soaked up their pressure.  If DC had been here, I am sure we would have seen a different score line.

Plant must be pushing for a starting slot.

Please don't bring Ojo straight back in. This is the player who said we were pushing for a top half finish. This can't happen now. I really question his attitude and commitment given that he was sent off in the 93rd minute when we were 3-0 down.

If Massey is injured I'd consider McDermott. Pett and Robinson may be available too? Plant needs to start.

I still think 46 pts will stay up but I'd feel happier with another couple of points. 

6 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Some on their forum are hoping to give us a thumping and want us to go down after Clarkes departure.

I think we'll win this 2-1. Taylor to score the winner, that won't please their lot.

Re: 'Comments on Bristol Forum', seems very odd indeed: 1. Why would they think that they could give us a 'thumping' - they aren't that good are they? 2. Why would they want us to go down just because of Clark going? What's it got to do with them? If their are comments like this - idiots.

The way I think AC will set up 

Stones 

Forrester Smith Donnaley

wozza OJO Pett benning

conlon

Harrison Wilson

I love to change things a bit but with no Right back at the club  it’s hard  plus now is not the time to experiment with say Forrester at right back 

20 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

The players may well have tried and put in a good shift last night but at the end of the day they still lost. 2 wins in 19 is shocking and losing is a habit we have got. Even if we were 2 nil up with 5 minutes go we would still find a way to lose the game, with a penalty,red card, crap defending and poor goalkeeping.

And negative thinking... 

Rovers are a decent team. 

Collins is a very good player. Sits in the hole really well, good technique and bags a lot of goals (16 in the league so far). Kind of what we could of had with Wilson if he kept fit for a season.

Also their striker on loan Coburn is a unit. Looks very capable of playing championship footy. Over the last couple of seasons rovers have made some great loan signings.

In terms of the game itself I fancy our chances if we apply ourselves like we did on tuesday. A completely different type of game though in that we have to have positive intent. Personally be tempted to start harrison as i think we need the ball to stick a bit more in the final third.

Don’t particularly dislike any club but have to laugh at som of the comments posted on forums, including ours.

The irony that they want to tonk us for relieving Clarke when the only reason he was with us is because they relieved him for a similar situation. 

We owe these for last season. We are also owed a “Homer” ref for the one we had against them and some of the truly awful desicions we have had this season. 

We were outplayed at Bristol but were holding our own in heading for a draw. The subs disrupted the defence and of course you can't expect Stevens to save a shot on target. He'd wandered off somewhere. 

But we were also wasteful in front of goal. Harrison slicing a very good opportunity 6 yards out. 

We definitely need to get more to grips in midfield. Obviously defend better and take chances up front. I think this is a very winnable game when the team is all at it. 

25 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Don’t particularly dislike any club but have to laugh at som of the comments posted on forums, including ours.

The irony that they want to tonk us for relieving Clarke when the only reason he was with us is because they relieved him for a similar situation. 

We owe these for last season. We are also owed a “Homer” ref for the one we had against them and some of the truly awful desicions we have had this season. 

The main issue I have with Bristol Rovers is the away toilets. There were not enough and they were temporary. When they ran out of water and power etc. they were grossly insanitary. 

adjective
  1. so dirty or germ-ridden as to be a danger to health

43 minutes ago, Warren said:

We were outplayed at Bristol but were holding our own in heading for a draw. The subs disrupted the defence and of course you can't expect Stevens to save a shot on target. He'd wandered off somewhere. 

But we were also wasteful in front of goal. Harrison slicing a very good opportunity 6 yards out. 

We definitely need to get more to grips in midfield. Obviously defend better and take chances up front. I think this is a very winnable game when the team is all at it. 

Odd game, should of been 3-0 up in 15 minutes then went to pot a bit!

Archived