onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s a different scenario.  We aren’t usually managing Wilson’s fitness when he comes off.  He’s usually been kicked and is injured, leading to him being missing for the next X number of games.  It’s when he subsequently returns that we manage his fitness, to get him back up to speed.

He needs a minder then, somebody like Andy Porter

Advert

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Couldn’t make the Bradford team and he’s a <ovf censored>….no thanks

Although I agree we shouldn’t sign him for both football and non-football reasons, I also think it’s poor form to slag the lad off as he played an important part in our promotion in the last few games of last season.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and become a better person.

15 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

He needs a minder then, somebody like Andy Porter

The best player I've seen live a few times of Wilson's type is Roberto Firmino. Absolute god level target man and creative lay off player. The point is he doesn't get battered because the opposition are too busy worrying about who he's laying it off to. Wilson stands out too much in the Port Vale team.

Firmino is thought to be off to Real Madrid or Barcelona at the end of the season 

5 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Charlton is very winnable, lost 6-0 last week, beaten 3-2 at home against Morecambe and on the beach so no reason we can’t get our first double.

Oddly I have had a feeling for a while we are doing to wreck another Devon promotion party. It’s key now for momentum and positivity going into the summer than we produce the levels of yesterday into the last two games.

Another point also makes it irrelevant what anyone else does and i want us to get to 50 points as still feels a bit like a kop out avoiding relegation on less than 50, we went down on 49 last time so from a psychological point of view.

All we want is effort and not the lazy attitude of some recent games, as they saw yesterday do that we will back you to the hilt regardless of ability.

Is setting up for AC to get the job if we get another 3-4 points, personally I don’t mind that, it’s worked for Plymouth and it’s not as if his record is bad, we had 1 defeat up until the Rovers game with him last season over something like 18 games and we’ve won 2 of 3 this season (he did Charlton at home).

If your in a job role and do that your hoping for a promotion aren’t you? It may work well but get that many fans will want the big name or experienced man.

It would be interesting to see what Crosby's win ratio is for the games where he has been in charge. I would think its pretty good.

16 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Interestingly Burton could be our insurance policy on the small 500/1 chance of the drop… if they lose at Lincoln they then have to go to Plymouth at weekend. Assuming they lost that we’d be well above them on goal difference which means even if all the 10 results needed went against us, Burton would have then lost to Cambridge and MK for that to happen and almost certainly their goal difference would be far worse than ours.

Don't need to over-complicate things! Of the current bottom 4, only 1 can can equal our points - if they win their last 3 and we lose ours! Then they have  a 9-goal deficit to make up. One point makes us mathematically safe from an unlikely relegation.

FGR are relegated

Accrington P 43 / Pts 38 - max achievable 47 pts (we have  49)

Cambridge P 43 / Pts 40     "             "          49 pts (GD is 9 worse than ours)

Morecambe P 44 / Pts 41   "             "          47 pts

I wasn’t expecting such an abysmal performance from the Gas. Joe seems to be trying out different players & formations for the last few games which is all very well but I gave up a Saturday and spent a fair few quid to travel and witness that.

Vale were sharper and quicker to the ball. They had something to play for and it showed. Reckon you’re safe now, we’ll done and see you next season.

6 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

I wasn’t expecting such an abysmal performance from the Gas. Joe seems to be trying out different players & formations for the last few games which is all very well but I gave up a Saturday and spent a fair few quid to travel and witness that.

Vale were sharper and quicker to the ball. They had something to play for and it showed. Reckon you’re safe now, we’ll done and see you next season.

Delighted we won and we played pretty well. But have to say Gas really looked on the beach.

13 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

Seemed an on the beach performance, not to the level we have done a few times in the past losing 5-0's regularly on the last day for instance mind!

On 23/04/2023 at 09:01, JoeB2 said:

I like Wilson. Cult hero status.

One of the absolute basics for being a professional athlete is being fit and available to compete. He rarely is, for a number of reasons. Playing 31% of minutes and scoring 3 goals just isn't anywhere near enough.

For that I think he should be released. I'm also not sure he's quite as irreplaceable as people argue. 

Paul McGrath didn't do so bad, battling against injuries and alcoholism? If we get half a season from Willo, I'd be ok with that.

Archived