onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

An improved performance and no reduction in our margin above the bottom 4 could make a win against Bristol Rovers a season decider. A few days for Crosby to organise a plan to achieve that despite the injuries and cards. Not that Barton`s teams are easy to play against, and having won their last 3 away games, they will be confident, but our best chance of 3 points or Charlton away?

Advert

The players may well have tried and put in a good shift last night but at the end of the day they still lost. 2 wins in 19 is shocking and losing is a habit we have got. Even if we were 2 nil up with 5 minutes go we would still find a way to lose the game, with a penalty,red card, crap defending and poor goalkeeping.

3 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

The players may well have tried and put in a good shift last night but at the end of the day they still lost. 2 wins in 19 is shocking and losing is a habit we have got. Even if we were 2 nil up with 5 minutes go we would still find a way to lose the game, with a penalty,red card, crap defending and poor goalkeeping.

Only 3 games to change it around, hopefully that was a start. Only by doing something different will it change.  A different formation, different players,  different positions, different tasks, maybe a different result. Otherwise a different league.

2 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Some on their forum are hoping to give us a thumping and want us to go down after Clarkes departure.

I think we'll win this 2-1. Taylor to score the winner, that won't please their lot.

Didn't Rover's get rid of him in a similar scenario?

Incredible to think of all the controversial issues around Barton while at Rovers, he has managed to see out a season, but Clarke has not! Yet if we win, there is only 3 points between them. 

Do we really have the investment and resources Rovers have at this time? 

2 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Some on their forum are hoping to give us a thumping and want us to go down after Clarkes departure.

I think we'll win this 2-1. Taylor to score the winner, that won't please their lot.

Sam, if they love him that much he’s a free agent now. Let them get on with it. They’re a bunch of muppets.

16 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

OK on reflection last night wasn't too bad suppose it could have been worse if we attacked all night, probably been a cricket score so well done on defensive structure and the odd breakaway and narrow defeat to nailed on pen .
Moving forwards though its all well and good having good defensive structure installed in 11 men but folk especually in home games want to see something worth seeing .
So hopefully we working on keeping the ball and giving our 3 up front a quality of ball where they can do something with it, not just working on a 0-0 draw which I suppose could keep us up but for me wouldn't please me one iota as I go games to be entertained .
The aspects of last night I did like was the defensive togetherness and the magnificent work of Plant what I couldn't understand as once we took the lead we rarely showed any kind of attacking intent even the best sides struggle come back from 2-0 but because our fans were so negative pre match build up and coming out with get a tenner on 8-0.etc they were all delighted with a 2-1 .
Let me add I wasn't.
So for me sat need get a team on who have one goal and that is score more than Bristol Rovers a team who steamrolled us at home last April or May or when ever it was a team who have very good players who can hurt us a team who have James Gibbons a excellent player for the Vale I will be applauding him because when he wasn't injured he was one of our better players ,I've missed his drive with the ball .
I'm not picking a team hope it's not a negative set up who just boot anywhere .
It's not good play it's horrendous
UTV

Whatever team is slected/formation played, what we do need is at least one point, but preferably 3, so let's all get behind Andy and the lads UTV!

Stevens

Worrall Forrester Smith Benning

Pett (Plant if not fit)

Butterworth Ojo Conlon

Wilson Harrison

Do away with 532, we need to win and that’s part of the problem, the attacking flow is constantly stifled.

Archived