onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

World Cup 2022.

tommytunstall

Advert

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Sept Blatter has now said it was a mistake to award Quatar this World Cup. You couldn’t make it up, perhaps money was something to do with it.

Is there anyone else who cannot be bothered about the competition. November - December, and in a country where freedoms are restricted.

Nothing wrong with money, corruption is a different matter. Can't say I am interested yet. 

Looking forward to it.  Would prefer a summer world cup but will still be watching as many games as possible. As for being held in Qatar, plenty of other hosts have a history of human rights violations and corruption at high levels. 

First World Cup where I have not been interested, would always have booked the afternoon off to watch the England games but not done that this time.  For me it is a mixture of a winter World Cup, this taking place in a country where it should not be and a negative manager and recent fixtures that have seen us be poor at best.

I look at a team that we could pick and think we should have every chance and they should be great matches to watch but despite been successful in getting to a semi-final and final, at times they have been a hard watch.

My team for what it is worth and unlikely to be anything like it but would be

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold   White Stones Trippier

Rice Bellingham Maddison

Saka Kane Foden

Alexand-Arnold such an awkward one, he has amazing talent and could lose you a knock out spot but could just as easily win you one with his delivery from set plays and open play.  If he was Brazilian he would have 50 caps by now.  Cancelo can't defend at Man City but because they have so much play no one questions him, he will be first choice for Portugal.  Maddison is another one, he has unbelieable talent and there are questions whether he is going to be in the squad, he should be in the team never mind the squad but we know Southgate will go for the likes of Mount and Sterling despite being massively out of form.

The team Southgate is likely to play if everyone fit will be something like this

Pickford

Trippier Walker Maguire Stones Shaw

Rice Phillips Mount

Kane Sterling 

It's really hard to dig up any enthusiasm for this tournament. It's as if FIFA are trying to kill football. They change the competition to winter in a country where the agenda of the competition has switched to political instead of sporting and to cap it all there are 4 yes 4 matches a day with the first kicking off at 10am.

I used to try to fit in all of the matches but this is an impossible task whilst the main interest League One still ongoing.

Plus the fact England are in such fine form and about as exciting as watching paint dry the whole competition just seems like it's going to be a hard watch.

5 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Sept Blatter has now said it was a mistake to award Quatar this World Cup. You couldn’t make it up, perhaps money was something to do with it.

Is there anyone else who cannot be bothered about the competition. November - December, and in a country where freedoms are restricted.

Is he going to pay his back handers back.?  he’s blaming Platini for the decision, the guy is a complete corrupt knob.

Anyone see (the otherwise typically awful) Have I Got News For You on Friday? It was good fun to see Gary Neville being taken down by Hislop (Ian not Shakka) about his hypocrisy in calling out the decision to host the world cup in Qatar and expressing his disgust at certain aspects of it yet still flying over there and making money on commentating. That 'Red Nev' stuff is such rubbish.

Honestly - I usually love the World Cup and watch as many games as possible - BUT- Vale aren't usually playing during / around it.  I'll have a passing interest at best. 

Cant get excited about the way England currently play, its a joke that its in Qatar, that its mid season: but League 1 carries on so I'm more than happy :)

EDIT - Just realised that we have a mini break in our fixtures now due to the FA cup exit, - still wont be too bothered about the World cup though!

Archived