onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Poor halves will happen in this league especially, no matter who you are. It's all about how you react to that when given the opportunity and we came out with a new formation, a change of personal and looked a different (and much better) side. You can't ask for much more than that. I would like us to go 4-3-3 more often at Vale Park though. We have the players to really hurt teams - Why not use them from the start?

13 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I also don’t think Tom Pett as a centre mid works much either. Little he did was that effective. 

Pett does a lot of screening in front of the back 4 which allows Conlon to roam and play further forward.  He's a solid anchor in the midfield which will always look unspectacular. Solid player for me very rarely gives the ball away.

I've been critical of Benning & rightly so, but thought today was his first really good half for us. Played well & great finish for the 3rd.

Well done to DC as well, both subs scored & his tactical changes ensured we got off to an energetic start in the 2nd half. Brilliant.

Lots of people critical of mad Cov for the goal & rightly so for me. DC has criticised the goal as well in his interview, he has to be better. I haven't been massively impressed by him so far this season; I'm struggling to remember many great saves & it almost feels like every time somebody hits the target it's ending up in the back of our net. I will back him of course, but I do feel he might be a weak link in our side.

Another good crowd today, the interest is growing! UTV 

Do you know, I have a funny feeling that somehow Barrow will be somewhat regretting that first half time wasting.

Haven’t read any other posts in this thread yet so looking forward to reading through the overreacting histrionics from the usual suspects up until the 50th minute later.

Pleased Benning has showed up (what a hit) and that Wilson managed a full game.

DC has a big decision to make about Politic. Knocking on the door.

Disappointed that Covolon is yet again a social media and P&G target for those who NEED to have a whipping boy whatever the results on the pitch. 

Second half was really enjoyable ,first half was slow and ponderous and we conceded from a hit and hope he struck it well though so credit to him .
Politics goal was absolutely superb the movement of Wilson was top notch and we deservedly took the game with Benning shining and Worrall being hugely influential as game wore on his cross being put in own net and Cross field ball been hit superbly twice by Benning the second resulting in the third and vital goal .
Clarks done smashing there he as changed it at half time and the players have responded .
Man of the Match Wilson he really showed alot of quality today well played .
I'd like see more of Politic he is immense
UTV

Despite Bennings goal I thought that at times he was still too slow to get out to their right wing back and they got too many crosses in from his side. However putting Gibbo and Benning to full back, losing a centre half and playing with wide men was a master stoke. It allowed both full backs more time on the ball to pick out their wingers or for them to drive at the heart of their team.  Plus we also got more time for Conlon to get on the ball too. Other than the goal I thought that first half there was nothing between the sides and they had done their homework to stop our attacking threat. Credit to the management for seeing that and making the change in formation. 

Archived