onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Glad to see DC saw the same first half as us and made the required changes. Worrall is far better further up the pitch and it was good to see Wilson get better and better as the game went on as he's usually been hooked after an hour. A shout out for Pett as well an excellent game but better second half as he had some forward passes to make.

Weird game today. Looked comfortable enough first half but struggled to create and then got done by a free kick, the only real shot of the half. Thought the similar formations cancelled each other out. DC changed it and then they couldn't cope with us. Full credit to DC.

Special shouts out to both Wilson, who I thought was superb today, particularly after Proctor went off, and Garrity, who covered every blade of grass.

Deserved win today. UTV

Excellent character shown after a very mediocre first half.

Tuesdays fixtures are brilliant for us. Lots of the top teams play each other.

Come on Vale make your mark by beating Mansfield.

Very content tonight. Slightly concerned about Proctor as that niggle might be more serious. Hopefully precautionary . 

It wasn’t great really in terms of entertainment. I thought we were poor in the first half and the overall quality wasn’t consistent. However the flashes of good stuff were much too good for Barrow and we were always going to win after the equaliser. 

Not wholly convinced with a back three with Smith in the centre generally but it was enough today Dan Jones was very good. 

I also don’t think Tom Pett as a centre mid works much either. Little he did was that effective. 

Just now, TJHValiant said:

It wasn’t great really in terms of entertainment. I thought we were poor in the first half and the overall quality wasn’t consistent. However the flashes of good stuff were much too good for Barrow and we were always going to win after the equaliser. 

Not wholly convinced with a back three with Smith in the centre generally but it was enough today Dan Jones was very good. 

I also don’t think Tom Pett as a centre mid works much either. Little he did was that effective. 

I don't mind Pett at all but I think a midfield of Walker, Garrity and Conlon is the way forward.

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Pett has been excellent this season. He’s worked every season he’s played as a CM in this league so no idea where your going with that one. 

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

What pleases me is a few players have yet to find the X factor yet. 

I don't mean that in a critical way. Pett is okay I think there's way more to come. Controversial this bit now ? I think Conlon is way off the Conlon of last season, miles off. 

So add to that Walker who hasn't got started properly yet to be 3rd is excellent.

Special mention to Garrity again his energy Is unbelievable. And nice to see Wilson really really run his conkers off today at both ends of the pitch . 

1st half we looked a little passive and played in front of Barrow too slowly but a fabulous 2nd half performance.Great tactical change at half-time by DC to change the game. Bennning and Politic were excellent. Shows we can play different ways to beat an opposition and not afraid to change it when needed. 

Can we please stop questing James Wilson's fitness. His workrate today was absolutely epic.

The keeper has to improve - he is the weak link at the moment..

Great 3 points lets hope we can go on another run.

Archived