onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Do you know, I have a funny feeling that somehow Barrow will be somewhat regretting that first half time wasting.

Haven’t read any other posts in this thread yet so looking forward to reading through the overreacting histrionics from the usual suspects up until the 50th minute later.

Pleased Benning has showed up (what a hit) and that Wilson managed a full game.

DC has a big decision to make about Politic. Knocking on the door.

Disappointed that Covolon is yet again a social media and P&G target for those who NEED to have a whipping boy whatever the results on the pitch. 

To be fair he has to be much better than is he is being. That was a really comfortable save and one he has to be making. 

Advert

58 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Excellent character shown after a very mediocre first half.

Tuesdays fixtures are brilliant for us. Lots of the top teams play each other.

Come on Vale make your mark by beating Mansfield.

Very content tonight. Slightly concerned about Proctor as that niggle might be more serious. Hopefully precautionary . 

As good as Proctor is, we can afford to let him recover properly, as we finally have decent backup, now the deadwood has been chopped!

I don't get this criticism by some of Pett. He's doing the 'Joyce role', and a lot more effectively than Joyce ever did, plus he can actually pass a ball. Yet Joyce was lauded on here. Baffling
Spot on. It's one of them, if he appears 'anonymous' during a game, he's doing his job,and doing it well. That's what he's there for.

What a static first half that was. Little movement and creativity. Benning, Politic and Clarke switching formation changed the game.

I've been critical of Benning but his first touch and forward play was outstanding today and I hope that Politic retains his shirt. Wilson was great today. Worked hard and kept possession of the ball. Thought he deserved MOM. The energy of the whole team second half was impressive.

I thought Conlon and Cass (who kept running into players when he had the ball) were not up to their usual high standard. I'm still waiting for Covolan to give me some trust in him. Clarke was critical of him today too!

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Bolton see him as a definite first teamer in the future. Got no chance getting him permanently. But we can be grateful that he's with us for the rest of this season as he's a match winner.

Dont count us out of this,he isn't signing the contract their and his manager slated him publicly for it...he loves it here and the management,so we will see but he would cost a fee and we would happily pay one

35 minutes ago, Doha said:

Disappointed that Covolon is yet again a social media and P&G target for those who NEED to have a whipping boy whatever the results on the pitch. 

Covolan is an easy target, and has been since the 2 unfortunate red cards! The first, in the friendly, never should have been and I'm not convinced about the second one, either? But people are forgetting the number of clean sheets we had; nor the good - and crucial - saves he has made - he's just an easy target especially for the Saint Scott brigade!

Half time changes by DC was a master stroke. Players responded with the formation chance and personnel change with fluidity and guile. First half we overhit the killer balls and I blame Robosprinkler! 
DP's goal was sublime and Benning's finish when it came off the post was immaculate. 
Feeling great about the season so far. Congratulations from owners to fans, have a great weekend all you Valiants.

VTID

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Do you know, I have a funny feeling that somehow Barrow will be somewhat regretting that first half time wasting.

After the third goal when they were lining up to kick off, one of their players was talking to the ref and tapping at an imaginary watch on his wrist. 

Archived