onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and out

Rampant Zebra

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kanu was a smurf signing to be honest. Doesn’t he get on with the Peterborough chairman?

Aspin doesn’t seem to have him in the first team plans so far either.

Brown Legge Joyce and miller are the signings taken up much of the budget the others are chance signing for me and this shows with Brendon Daniels already being shipped out.

We could get to winter time and Tongue kay and Pugh are back in the side most weeks of it does wrong.

Advert

I think we will need Tonge, kay and Pugh. Remember that once the loan window shuts we are stuck with what we have until january apart from out of contract players, and they have the usual lack of match fitness issues which often results in injury.

I agree, kay especially. Be good to bring on if defending a lead for that last 10 mins.

I really hope tonge doesn't play much. He is completely shot at this level in.my opinion. Pugh again can do a job in a few positions. Glad he is unlikely to start most games though.

In this case I think Whitfield did exactly what his agent was saying. If he and his dad both agreed to move and then his agent spoke and changed his mind then surely he’s following what his agent says? Seen there’s a chat on Twitter with Whitfield that explains that. Shame as he would’ve been a great signing.

I knew Walters was a done deal and was for some time, never knew why it didn’t go through though. Again a shame.

Hope we can get howkins in for the season.

Overall aspin came across great, seems like the budget is pretty much normal, but was clearly backed in terms of Whitfield and miller.

Brown, rawlinson, manny and miller all to shine this season for me.

Agree with that but would like to Add Oyeleke to that. from the 2 halves I have seen him he has stood out and will be massive in this division.

Don’t want to see tongue anywhere near the team. Pugh if we’re really short I don’t mind that much. Kay is a decent defensive mid imagine he will come on a fair bit

I agree. Watched Tonge in his last game for us and he was like a ghost waltzing through the game with absolutely no effect. I think we will see Pugh make some cameo appearances this season and probably more so with Kay. In addition to his experience, he can also score the odd goal or two, an area where we’re sadly lacking in midfield.

Him and Loft in midfield then?

The Shrews are losing a number of their better players. Ogogo went to Coventry and now Nsiala and Nolan want out. It's a bit like when we missed out years out and lost the likes of McPhee the following season. Money, of course, talks.

Ideally you wouldn't really want to use Kay, Pugh & Tonge much. They have all lost a bit of pace - if they ever had any - and as the game gets stretched after half time they're like statues and get run past far too easily. You can't turn back time I'm afraid. They all still have their attributes but once your legs start to slow down it's very tough when lads 10-12 years younger than you are are running at you.

Probably be next week now, at least, before we hear anything about possible loan players. Howkins isn't anywhere near fit and won't be for another 3-4 weeks but who the mystery forwards are, who knows?

Chris Regis signs for Torquay.

Love how he's tried to make out that it was his decision to leave....

"I was at Port Vale before the season started and it was good there, but I wasn’t getting enough games,” said Regis. “I needed to go to somewhere I would play and to get more games under my belt."

Archived