onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and out

Rampant Zebra

I need to know how Howkins is going on but I can't find the game anywhere

I know he started the game that ended 2-1 to WBA but whether or not he came through unscathed I don't know.

There might be something on the Chasetown twitter.

But whatever happens he won't be fully fit for a few weeks.

Advert

Promoted teams will normally score 75-90 goals.

I can't see anyway on god's earth that we'll score that many next season, much as I hope that I'm wrong.

From memory, when we went up under Adams I think we scored about 86 goals and had SIX players who scored 7 or more league goals.

Potentially we have 3 in the squad - Pope, Dodds and hopefully Miller - who might get double figures but after that I'm scratching my head.

I tend to agree with SL that ideally we could do with another scorer in midfield and a winger like Myrie-Williams.

I'm not having a go at Aspin. He can't sign an entirely new team of quality players with his budget. But we are still short in several areas.

Let's hope they provide us with a pleasant surprise but without that creativity, pace and movement we might well resort to long ball football and get found out by the better teams. Hopefully not.

And the one thing about that promotion season under Adams was that we had Vincent and JMW on the wings providing the ammo for Popey. Couple of weeks back, I watched a video of Pope's goals that season and the number of times he got on the end of their crosses was staggering. It's surprised me with Rudge and Aspo's experience of playing with wingers that we haven't recruited at least one but perhaps Aspo has Kanu in mind for that role and, possibly as the season goes on, young Harry Benns who seems to have a trick or two. Let's hope!

And the one thing about that promotion season under Adams was that we had Vincent and JMW on the wings providing the ammo for Popey. Couple of weeks back, I watched a video of Pope's goals that season and the number of times he got on the end of their crosses was staggering. It's surprised me with Rudge and Aspo's experience of playing with wingers that we haven't recruited at least one but perhaps Aspo has Kanu in mind for that role and, possibly as the season goes on, young Harry Benns who seems to have a trick or two. Let's hope!

I dont think he will start with wingers but there are capable wide players on the side. Montano, Hannant and Worrall are all more than happy out wide. I think we are likley to see a plan A and Plan B. Playing the 5 at the back and changing to a 4 and pushing monty/hannant wide and worrall wide trying to hit Pope and Quigley if needed

Fascinating to learn that Aspo agreed a contract in January for Ben Whitfield with his father at Aspo's home shook hands on the deal with both of them only to get a call from his agent half an hour later saying Whitfield wont be signing that contract.

Needless to say Aspo not impressed.

Fascinating to learn that Aspo agreed a contract in January for Ben Whitfield with his father at Aspo's home shook hands on the deal with both of them only to get a call from his agent half an hour later saying Whitfield wont be signing that contract.

Needless to say Aspo not impressed.

And once again, my point that agents are vultures from Hell is underlined!!! If the player is happy with the move and the contract, the agent should be happy!

If I was Whitfield, I would be embarrassed to show my face at Vale, after that night! Having a pile of **** like that representing me.

And once again, my point that agents are vultures from Hell is underlined!!! If the player is happy with the move and the contract, the agent should be happy!

So Whitfield is completely blameless? I don’t believe for one minute that a player would agree to a deal and shake on it behind his agents back without his knowledge. If the player was happy with the move and wanted to be here then he would have been. Maybe Whitfield didn’t have the balls to tell the manager himself that he’d changed his mind, because didn’t Bournemouth offer him another contract anyway.

So Whitfield is completely blameless? I don’t believe for one minute that a player would agree to a deal and shake on it behind his agents back without his knowledge. If the player was happy with the move and wanted to be here then he would have been. Maybe Whitfield didn’t have the balls to tell the manager himself that he’d changed his mind, because didn’t Bournemouth offer him another contract anyway.

So Aspin is lying then............

Just listening to my recording of the RS match coverage when we beat Burton 7-1.

5 years ago. Mad that.

Will Mick Cullerton ever come back?

Hope so, loved Mick from when he signed as a player. I forgive him his mad few years with the Sjoke.

Archived