onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

You can quote me back on this one if it happens.

Last year was the first for 40 years that I didn't have a season ticket, if we sign Kristian Dennis I will be up Vale Park in a flash...maybe also buy the missus one.

You see Mr Smurthwaite, speculate to accumulate .... fans want to see their investments rewarded.

Advert

Id add Eastleigh and a couple more to that list. I wouldn't think there will be a huge gap in pay between league one and the National League anymore. Joyce will have probably been one of the top earners at any National league side given his age and experience.

I think the guy who owned Eastleigh has just bought Sunderland.

Years ago when Mansfield were in the conference and signing loads of our ex-players, I'm sure they offered one of our players better money than he was getting at Vale. I was told the reason he turned it down was something to do with his pension contributions, I don't know if there's maybe a decent Football League pension scheme or something like that.

People were happy with Cecilia when he signed.. I'm not saying he's a rubbish signing and Rudge and Aspin may well have been watching him for a while but I would prefer someone with FL experience. This kid is going to be on peanuts and will he be any better than Jo Davis?
Im better than Joe Davis - even at 49 and with dodgy knees!

Years ago when Mansfield were in the conference and signing loads of our ex-players, I'm sure they offered one of our players better money than he was getting at Vale. I was told the reason he turned it down was something to do with his pension contributions, I don't know if there's maybe a decent Football League pension scheme or something like that.

Loads of them go bankrupt not long after retiring so you'd hope so. I've always wondered how most footballers actually get on post-football given they retire from their primary career about 30 years earlier than the norm.

My heart couldn't take another season like just. Thought was going have palpatations when Chesterfield equalised against our 10 men. That was the game for me that kept us up.

With these signings and more to come Aspin will eventually rubber stamp his own squad.

Anything is a bonus so lets not get too ahead of ourselves but there is a fine margin in this League so i anticipate a stress free season and who knows where we can go.

Come on Aspo, decent striker to help Popey and the sky is the limit.

Maybe Norman is playing a classic PR game,make a bid for a known player(could be 20k for all we know its still a bid) and it looks to some like he is going for it even though he knows it would never be accepted,if you know what i mean and we end up with big Reg.

I just cant see him paying 100k(dont forget his wages on top),i would love him to prove me wrong as i think Dennis would be excellent alongside pope and could give us top 7 if the rest of the team is improved as we are doing,its a gamble worth taking imo

As it was leaked at the Chesterfield end either the agent, player or selling club are trying to drum up interest. Aspin didn't drop any clues about who we are after. Hallum Hope is another likely candidate as he's Manchester based.

Dennis didn't take much working out as he lives close to Macclesfield, so always a good shout for us.

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks a lot of league 2 and 1 teams have been signing players from non league but some only ever think its us who do it,i trust aspin when it comes to non league signings i really do

I've been looking at this as a trend for a while. Traditional recruitment was from clubs higher up the ladder. I think 3 things are driving it:

1 the wages young players expect when released from the top 2 leagues are unrealistic

2 the under 23 football isn't really preparing young players for adult football

3 the set up and way players are pampered at top clubs mean they can't really adapt to lower league club environments

Most teams at our level now seem to have 4 or 5 players who have played in the lower leagues.

People were happy with Cecilia when he signed.. I'm not saying he's a rubbish signing and Rudge and Aspin may well have been watching him for a while but I would prefer someone with FL experience. This kid is going to be on peanuts and will he be any better than Jo Davis?

He can’t be any worse than Davis who despite giving 100% was useless.

By the sounds of it we've been watching him for a while instead of his signing being based on a knee jerk one off game against us or the advice of an agent with a collection of youtube clips, which is what happened with the Chasetown lads and Brunos signings. TNS are also a full time club who've got a lot of Europeam experience too. So although he will still take time to bed in to league 2 I think hes a cut above Chasetown especially.

Hopefully he’s another Gareth Griffiths.

750-1K a week+ I'm guessing? I genuinely don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if Salford are paying or at least planning on paying players £750 a week at least (possibly more) this coming season. If they've signed Chris Neal who's a pretty experienced league player and poached the lad Whitehead from Macc Town(who would have been playing league football otherwise) they've got to be offering a decent 'going rate' at least comparable(if not better) than some League One and Two clubs!

Not that you necessarily have to pay it, Macc won it last season paying players a lot less I'd imagine!

Macc’s goalie (who played 41 National league games last season) also just signed for Chesterfield

My lady is better than Joe Davis.

Sign her up Aspin.

I'd guess if that's the case it was probably Chesterfield not agreeing the fee as if they'd sold their top scorer without replacing him(despite having 100K+ in the bank) they'd have been pretty much resigning themselves to the drop. Obviously they went down despite keeping him anyway but can you imagine if we'd sold Pope in January had he been in Dennis' position there'd have been uproar and we'd have been royally ****** so to speak!

What I'm saying it was probably worth Chesterfield taking the gamble by keeping him another 6 months to give them a chance of staying up with his goals. He's still under contract so they'll get a fee now anyway although they could take slightly less as they've got more time to replace him now!?

Must have thought he was going as they signed the magnificent Louis Dodds to replace him.

Re what players earn in non league. Last season Jermaine Pennant was signed by Billericay Town, who were playing in the seventh tier at that stage, and was reportedly earning £3,000 a week. Rumour has it that Danny Rowe at Fylde in the Conference North was getting even more. I know these are exceptions but there are plenty of non-league clubs now who have sugar daddies bankrolling them. Last season a certain player at Kidsgrove was getting more than at least one of our first team squad.

Re what players earn in non league. Last season Jermaine Pennant was signed by Billericay Town, who were playing in the seventh tier at that stage, and was reportedly earning £3,000 a week. Rumour has it that Danny Rowe at Fylde in the Conference North was getting even more. I know these are exceptions but there are plenty of non-league clubs now who have sugar daddies bankrolling them. Last season a certain player at Kidsgrove was getting more than at least one of our first team squad.

There could be something in the Rowe thing as that might be why noone has taken a punt on him if he is on a fair wedge

Archived