onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Im happy with these signings.

My friend is a huge Cambridge fan and he said that Legge was incredible when they signed him, big, commanding and has scored 1 goal per 10 games throughout his career. He had a shoulder injury earlier this year that knocked him out of the side and whilst out they signed a younger centre half who played amazingly. Legge was signed using the money they made from their cup game against United and was a high earner. Therefore he reckons that even though the shoulder is fine now, Cambridge has managed their squad and gone for the younger and probably cheaper option.

He doesnt know much about the vale, so I smiled when his final words to me were "If you have a young defence that needs a bit of guidance then he would be a cracking signing"

As for Rawlinson, how people can moan and say he sounds like a Bruno player baffles me... Aspin is balancing the budget he has been handed. We cannot sign 10 experienced players on top dollar for this league. The lad will be back up, is big, has experience and is also described as fast.

So far so good from Aspo... Whatever the budget may be, he is balancing it well!!

People were happy with Cecilia when he signed.. I'm not saying he's a rubbish signing and Rudge and Aspin may well have been watching him for a while but I would prefer someone with FL experience. This kid is going to be on peanuts and will he be any better than Jo Davis?

A quick Google shows that Rawlinson is another big stopper - lots of games under his belt and European experience - for what that’s worth. Looks like a reasonable punt and he seems like a good pro.

Champions League or Vale?Not a choice really.

Legge is captain material, big centre half and will talk, left Cambridge because of money I believe they had to cut the budget.

Defence pretty much done now.

I had that today from a Cambridge supporter - Legge was no longer affordable. Let’s hope his shoulder injury, which kept him out for 4 months or so, is well behind him.

People were happy with Cecilia when he signed.. I'm not saying he's a rubbish signing and Rudge and Aspin may well have been watching him for a while but I would prefer someone with FL experience. This kid is going to be on peanuts and will he be any better than Jo Davis?

I doubt they'd have signed him if they beleived he was going to be worse than the player they've just transfer listed in Davis.

A quick Google shows that Rawlinson is another big stopper - lots of games under his belt and European experience - for what that’s worth. Looks like a reasonable punt and he seems like a good pro.

My two pence

My brother in law is follows the Welsh premier league supporting Bangor City- he says he recognises the lad from TNS and says he is easily better than the Welsh Premier League and should be a steady squad player for us as backup. (He says league football is a big jump so doesn't want big him up too much)

From what I've seen watching Bangor City at university (a few years ago) the top half is probably conference level and the rest are pretty poor but you do see the occasional player that shines.

I'm happy with Aspin's signings so far so great to have a punt on a few players

Happy with the signings so far...however an observation is that any players we have signed with league experience are 30 years + and signed on 2 year contracts (Brown 33 and Joyce will be 31 and Legge 33 by the time next season starts).

The 2 non-league signings are mid-twenties and signed 6 and 12 months deals respectively.

Hopefully, some of the next signings will have league experience, some decent pedigree and be in the 24-28 age bracket where they can potentially stay with us for a number of years or we make them better and can sell them on for a fee.

In fairness Valist a keeper can go on till late 30's easily. Brown being 33 is irrelevant. Legge is only on a one year deal. Joyce looks the perfect fit. Personally i am for the here and now, lets face it in 2 years when Joyce is 33 he may be released or indeed join someone else. Right now these are good signings made by Vale. Joyce is 4 or 5 years younger than Kay, Tonge and Pugh and is a great addition.

People were happy with Cecilia when he signed..

Cecilia was signed to be our first choice striker... this guy will, I assume, be a back up, squad player and was signed on the same day as a proven, quality centre half who was loved by his old club and fits the bill for what we need. I don't understand the comparison you are trying to make.

This kid is going to be on peanuts

Exactly... that's my point.

will he be any better than Jo Davis?

Will he be any worse?

I'm not sure, but from memory I think he actually joined?

Quite correct phil,he left because we didn’t come out of admin even though he wanted to stay localish.Obviously he is as unintelligent as a Vale fan,at least where geography is concerned.**at.

Legge is a decent signing and exactly what we need at the back beside Smith.

Mentiones Rawlinson a few weeks back. Bit of an unknown but seems as though he is very highly regarded. Not sure what sort of level the Welsh league is.

Very happy with the start of our summer recruitment.

The Welsh Premier is mostly amateur - until recently TNS were the only professional squad (now joined by Llanelli I believe). At 6’1”, Rowlinson is a unit but, despite his European experience, he will have a lot to learn playing against professional players every game. My guess is that Smith will be ahead of him in the pecking order and will benefit hugely from playing alongside Legge. Looks to me like we are going to have a well-balanced squad for the first time in ages.

This has Aspo and Rudge’s fingerprints all over it - just excellent. If we sign Dennis, think I will need double valium and prozac. And a few teams better watch out next season. C’mon Vale!

May 23rd and five pieces of business done already for Vale thats amazing .

As long as all are better in attitude application ,desire than majority of the last how many years squads then thats half the battle won .

Welcome lads and remember you are the salesmen of our club so you want prestige ,honour ,to be be talked of in a very good way its down to you .

UTV

Quite correct phil,he left because we didn’t come out of admin even though he wanted to stay localish.Obviously he is as unintelligent as a Vale fan,at least where geography is concerned.**at.

He left because we didn't pay wages for a month and therefore his contract was broken. The rest of the squad opted to stay and see what happened.

Archived