onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Legge is a decent signing and exactly what we need at the back beside Smith.

Mentiones Rawlinson a few weeks back. Bit of an unknown but seems as though he is very highly regarded. Not sure what sort of level the Welsh league is.

Very happy with the start of our summer recruitment.

Advert

First people moan that we only sign free transfers and bargain bin players. Scraps and left overs and complain we can't live the lifestyle of the rich and the famous. And people moan most of those players (and rightfully so) are crap and stealing a wage.

Then we, allegedly, offer money to get some real quality in the team. Try to spend money to earn money by going up. Then people moan about that too, finding angles on why THAT is wrong.

So basically the gaffer is damned if he do and damned if he don't...

This forum really does my head in! I'm so sorry to say that!!! :banghead:

I try and be positive as I possibly can be but the lad from TNS feels like a Bruno style signing or like when we signed those lumpers from Chasetown.

We have been monitoring him for months apparently so isn't based on one giant killing against us. Legge and Smith will start anyway as first choice I would expect.

A quick Google shows that Rawlinson is another big stopper - lots of games under his belt and European experience - for what that’s worth. Looks like a reasonable punt and he seems like a good pro.

Legge is captain material, big centre half and will talk, left Cambridge because of money I believe they had to cut the budget.

Defence pretty much done now.

Legge could bring on Smith in leaps and bounds. An experienced CB is just what he needs next to him I think, and is something he hasn't had since he broke into the first team, on a regular basis, except that big lump we got in near the end of the L1 season (can't recall his name, but he was a beast!)

Legge is a decent signing and exactly what we need at the back beside Smith.

Mentiones Rawlinson a few weeks back. Bit of an unknown but seems as though he is very highly regarded. Not sure what sort of level the Welsh league is.

Very happy with the start of our summer recruitment.

Spot on, dave. Well said.

Im happy with these signings.

My friend is a huge Cambridge fan and he said that Legge was incredible when they signed him, big, commanding and has scored 1 goal per 10 games throughout his career. He had a shoulder injury earlier this year that knocked him out of the side and whilst out they signed a younger centre half who played amazingly. Legge was signed using the money they made from their cup game against United and was a high earner. Therefore he reckons that even though the shoulder is fine now, Cambridge has managed their squad and gone for the younger and probably cheaper option.

He doesnt know much about the vale, so I smiled when his final words to me were "If you have a young defence that needs a bit of guidance then he would be a cracking signing"

As for Rawlinson, how people can moan and say he sounds like a Bruno player baffles me... Aspin is balancing the budget he has been handed. We cannot sign 10 experienced players on top dollar for this league. The lad will be back up, is big, has experience and is also described as fast.

So far so good from Aspo... Whatever the budget may be, he is balancing it well!!

I try to be as positive as I can possibly be but the lad from TNS feels like a Bruno style signing or like when we signed those lumpers from Chasetown.

By the sounds of it we've been watching him for a while instead of his signing being based on a knee jerk one off game against us or the advice of an agent with a collection of youtube clips, which is what happened with the Chasetown lads and Brunos signings. TNS are also a full time club who've got a lot of Europeam experience too. So although he will still take time to bed in to league 2 I think hes a cut above Chasetown especially.

Delighted with Legge. Cambridge fans love him, is captain material, and is the ideal partner for Smith.

Rawlinson I know nothing about but we've been after him since January so Rudge and Aspo are clearly keen. I trust them.

Bit of cover for the fullback positions, and our GK and defence is ready to rumble. I can't knock the recruitment thus far. Most clubs have barely got the retained list sorted out and we've signed 5, including a promotion winning keeper, 2 lads well-liked at clubs who finished far higher than we did, and 2 lads from out of the League for some depth.

There will be limbs in my house if we bag Dennis.

This may be a stupid question, but is there anything to stop the players who have 'agreed to sign' when their current contract expires from going elsewhere if a better offer comes along? Really hope not.

Isn’t that what Shartell did?

Happy with the signings so far...however an observation is that any players we have signed with league experience are 30 years + and signed on 2 year contracts (Brown 33 and Joyce will be 31 and Legge 33 by the time next season starts).

The 2 non-league signings are mid-twenties and signed 6 and 12 months deals respectively.

Hopefully, some of the next signings will have league experience, some decent pedigree and be in the 24-28 age bracket where they can potentially stay with us for a number of years or we make them better and can sell them on for a fee.

Archived