onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

From the sounds of it, we're actually trying to BUY players. There must be a dearth of decent strikers available on free transfers in that case.

Listened to Aspo’s interview really carefully but he never mentions paying a fee. He said it was going to be difficult and that we absolutely had to find someone but no mention of money. He did say though he might end up being disappointed, which made me wonder if he feared Norman might not back him. Guess we will just have to wait and see...

Listened to Aspo’s interview really carefully but he never mentions paying a fee. He said it was going to be difficult and that we absolutely had to find someone but no mention of money. He did say though he might end up being disappointed, which made me wonder if he feared Norman might not back him. Guess we will just have to wait and see...
Doesn't he say that the chairman 'has made offers for a couple of strikers'? I've interpreted that as transfer fee offers but happy to be proved wrong?

If we pull off signing Dennis I'll be rayt buzzing. A quality player.

If the deserved criticism Norm has got over the past 2 years has woken him up to the fact that, yes, a successful football club needs investment and competency, then job done folks.

It is feasible that Norm has been truly atrocious for 2 years (which he has) whilst he simultaneously has realised he's ballsed it and will start investing to reverse the damage.

Back in the real world, Tesla have a new model out soon.

Nah that can't be true cus all I have read on here is that Norman won't pay or has trousered the Hugill money..

Its been a great 2 years of solid, sensible investment. Really gone fantastically, with no examples of monumental cheapskate catalogue schemes. Not one.

Come on lad. Norm deserves every bit of stick he's got for gambling with us a couple of summers back. If he's realised its time to put things right, then happy days. That doesn't alter the fact we nearly went bump this year.

Its been a great 2 years of solid, sensible investment. Really gone fantastically, with no examples of monumental cheapskate catalogue schemes. Not one.

Come on lad. Norm deserves every bit of stick he's got for gambling with us a couple of summers back. If he's realised its time to put things right, then happy days. That doesn't alter the fact we nearly went bump this year.

If Norman spends £100k of the £1.9m Hugil money on Dennis, it wouldn’t even move the needle on making up for what his incompetences has done!

His backers would crow to the high heaven about how he is the saviour... amazing how things look clearer when you take a look at the big picture!!

If Norman spends £100k of the £1.9m Hugil money on Dennis, it wouldn’t even move the needle on making up for what his incompetences has done!

His backers would crow to the high heaven about how he is the saviour... amazing how things look clearer when you take a look at the big picture!!

Thats the bizarre thing.

Norm is doing what is the bare minimum of any Chairman, in that he appears to be financially supporting his club. The fact that we made £2m (600k installments, but still secure, guaranteed income) 4 months ago suggests that the very least we should be doing is bidding for players like Dennis.

He's that bad, and his 3 supporters and that worshipping, that the reinvestment of what should be the club's money back into the club is seen as a God-send.

If he backs Aspo this summer, he's doing what he should be doing with money which should have gone straight to the club's coffers anyway.

I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into a Norm debate again so I'll leave it. Just strange that some think him doing the bare minimum is somehow worthy of an apology for us being a point off of non-league.

Thats the bizarre thing.

Norm is doing what is the bare minimum of any Chairman, in that he appears to be financially supporting his club. The fact that we made £2m (600k installments, but still secure, guaranteed income) 4 months ago suggests that the very least we should be doing is bidding for players like Dennis.

He's that bad, and his 3 supporters and that worshipping, that the reinvestment of what should be the club's money back into the club is seen as a God-send.

If he backs Aspo this summer, he's doing what he should be doing with money which should have gone straight to the club's coffers anyway.

I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into a Norm debate again so I'll leave it. Just strange that some think him doing the bare minimum is somehow worthy of an apology for us being a point off of non-league.

Or that I said to those who accused him of basically stealing the transfer money that I had some faith he would reinvest as promised and it's looking like I was right to have faith. Win-win.

Or you can believe that Norm has opened his ears to the abuse he has got on here and his daughter took and gone you know what those lovely fans have won me around!

Eitherway Vale win so I'm happy.

The Smurfettes are blind to the bigger picture...................:yes:

Or that I said to those who accused him of basically stealing the transfer money that I had some faith he would reinvest as promised and it's looking like I was right to have faith. Win-win.

Or you can believe that Norm has opened his ears to the abuse he has got on here and his daughter took and gone you know what those lovely fans have won me around!

Eitherway Vale win so I'm happy.

There's a middle ground between personally abusing his family and telling him he's not very good at his job and that his actions nearly ended the club.

I imagine its the latter criticism which, if anything, has made him sit up and realise he can't coast and hope this club sorts itself out.

Is there any proof that he promised the Hugill money would be reinvested? I only remember convoluted and ambigious answers at his Q&A. Happy to be proven wrong.

As you say, if Norm has woken up, we benefit. It doesn't undo the damage but its nice to be signing Brown and bidding for players like Dennis.

Archived