onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Looks like Notts County are firmly in the hunt for attacking players:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/notts-county-chairman-alan-hardy-1600487

Doesn't mention any of the three by name but if one of them is Dennis, which wouldn't be surprising, then they must be favourites to sign him.

If Norman can pull this off, it would be something of a minor miracle. Let's see!

Looks like Notts County are firmly in the hunt for attacking players:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/notts-county-chairman-alan-hardy-1600487

Doesn't mention any of the three by name but if one of them is Dennis, which wouldn't be surprising, then they must be favourites to sign him.

If Norman can pull this off, it would be something of a minor miracle. Let's see!

I also noticed in that article that 19 of Notts goals came from a Forest loanee Grant. That was neighbourly!

If we're willing to pay a transfer fee (especially a six figure one) for a player it should be a someone in his early to mid 20s who has the potential to be developed and then get sold on.

At 28, Dennis isn't old, he should be at his peak, but as an investment I'm not it makes a lot of sense. When his contract expires he will be past 30 and depreciating so some or all of his fee could end up as dead money.

As a striker he will be towards the top of the wage structure anyway so the money would be put to better use in the main wage budget pot and we look at out of contract players instead.

That’s a crazy statement given that we would recoup over £100,000 purely for being promoted

5 signed so far and I’m encouraged by these 5. 3 experienced players who are familiar with the league provide a much stronger spine than the one we had last year already. The lad from the Welsh league is a kind of chancer but has played at a fairly average level consistently for over 8 years so he always brings experience and will thrive at the chance. Finally, Daniels is a risk but a 6 month contract and most likely a small wage is one worth taking in my eyes. I still think we need another 5. 2 more ST’s, a CAM, another CM and a defender who can cover both LB and RB. One of the forwards will most likely be a loan from a club in a much higher league. But if we can get 5 more then I’ll be delighted and feel very confident going into next year.

Finally, if we sign Dennis then I feel like we have a squad that could potentially push on for the play offs. He himself could add 15 goals to this side. However, I don’t think we will get him as I see him going to Wycombe or County. But there is no harm in being competitive in the market. It’s refreshing to see.

Archived